Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Quick update:
  • Nova-00 is spoken for.
  • All the Cerberus slots are taken. You're still welcome to PM me to be put on the list and if any of those pre-orders back out I'll go down the list first-come, first-serve.
  • There are still 2-3 Cerberus-X left.
  • Shipping has slipped a bit and is currently estimated for end of January.

Hakuberry

Efficiency Noob
Jan 7, 2017
Quick update:
  • Nova-00 is spoken for.
  • All the Cerberus slots are taken. You're still welcome to PM me to be put on the list and if any of those pre-orders back out I'll go down the list first-come, first-serve.
  • There are still 2-3 Cerberus-X left.
  • Shipping has slipped a bit and is currently estimated for end of January.
Have been lurking around for a while, but are these cases the pre-production models?

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Yes, that's in reference to the pre-production units. So don't panic and think you've missed out on buying one :)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015
Is there a particular post I can read regarding the Cerberus-X and it's specifications? Volume, PCI-E slots, y'know, the fun stuff.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I don't think there's a formal post. But it's 61mm taller for 8-slots and fits ATX motherboards. Otherwise it's the same.

One caveat is that the standoff positions are fixed, so it's not completely backwards compatible w/ microATX motherboards. The bottom two standoff positions on a mATX board will be missing.

MazeRed

What's an ITX?
Jan 8, 2017
Some question about the HDD cages, can they be safely mounted on the front Infinite Vents? Can you double up the HDD cages?

Spiffyman

Efficiency Noob
Aug 12, 2016
I come back to this thread every month or so to see if there are updates on the case. I see updates on purchasing pre-production cases, but I haven't run across updates on the official case. May I ask where you currently stand in regards to the official production run?

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Apart from that all ready? :)

We'll wait to get feedback on the pre-production cases. But unless there is just some serious design flaw we've somehow overlooked until now, there shouldn't be any major changes.

So once we get stock of the cables production should be good to go.

Reactions: Biowarejak