Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Haven't got to reading the entire thread, but kinda curious on a few things (thanks in advance :D):
  • On a horizontal heatsink setup (fan blowing onto the CPU), would it be okay to set all the case fans to pull air inwards? There's the unpopulated space on the top of the case, so I was thinking if that could be a passive outlet for air to exit...
  • Speaking of which, would be possible/feasible to mount fans there, under the top-side face?
  • If I were to use a filter for the PSU intake/fan, would it be placed on the PSU, or outside on the case?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
On a horizontal heatsink setup (fan blowing onto the CPU), would it be okay to set all the case fans to pull air inwards?

In my testing having the fans set to all-intake works quite well, the case is small enough that the positive pressure pushes the hot air out without the need for exhaust fans.

Speaking of which, would be possible/feasible to mount fans there, under the top-side face?

There will probably be 120mm fan mounts on the carry handle bracket for those that get that option. There's only room for a slim fan and even then it may not fit depending on the motherboard.

If I were to use a filter for the PSU intake/fan, would it be placed on the PSU, or outside on the case?

With the PSU intaking from outside as typical, the filter has to go on the outside of the case, there isn't room inside.

Reactions: VegetableStu

candyman

Caliper Novice
Mar 27, 2016
I don't understand why a project that would have been to be delivered on July 2016 (old Kickstarter campaign) today isn't started yet.
Maybe the public low interest has convinced to move resources towards another projects?

mirshko

Caliper Novice
Onshape
Sep 22, 2015
onshape.com
I don't understand why a project that would have been to be delivered on July 2016 (old Kickstarter campaign) today isn't started yet.
Maybe the public low interest has convinced to move resources towards another projects?

I'm pretty sure due to their MOQ's having to be so much lower they had to rethink a lot of how they were going to get the case manufactured.

These things generally mess up production schedule.

Reactions: Josh | NFC

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015

Like the others have said, having lots of money upfront gets things in gear, it's much slower going otherwise.

Reactions: Commissariat

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015

Reading this thread (granted its long now) would be a great way to gain some insight into that very question!

mcbirds

Efficiency Noob
Jun 6, 2016
What's the max radiator space you could hypothetically fit in this case? If you used a SFX PSU with a ATX mount is could you make a 240 in the front, bottom, and 140 on the bracket?

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome to the forum!

We could possibly be taking orders before Christmas but almost certainly wouldn't be shipping by then.

Reactions: Commissariat

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
Heh, 3 radiators? I'm trying to plan out 2 and it already requires an uncomfortable number of right-angle fittings. In fact, if it wasn't possible to install a 120 in the front sideways I would have already given up.