Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Cringe that he starts popping off panels without issue in a sturdy thick steel case but thinks it's meh. Luckily he turns around at the end to appreciate this gem.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Cringe that he starts popping off panels without issue in a sturdy thick steel case but thinks it's meh. Luckily he turns around at the end to appreciate this gem.

I thought that.
I stared off wincing about the initial comments, but he seemed to be praising it in a fairly understated way towards the end. By then you could see how capable it was at taking all the kit and having a lot of room to spare.
He got there in the end ?

Reactions: Phuncz

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I like Linus, but when it comes to the SFF builds he does on the channel there seems to be very little research that he does on the case. I think their writer Jake is the one that suggests all of the SFF builds and I’m sure he’s on this forum, but Linus just goes in blind and just glosses over a lot of things.

Reactions: Phuncz and Arboreal

LegendsofMace

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
@PlayfulPhoenix Been looking at the Cerberus cases for a while. Are there any plans to do side panels with full ventilation on the Cerberus X? Wondering would make much of a difference, seeing as the GPU is mounted horizontally. It did seem to benefit the Ncase M1 though when they did that change from V5 to V6.

Reactions: rcradiator

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@PlayfulPhoenix Been looking at the Cerberus cases for a while. Are there any plans to do side panels with full ventilation on the Cerberus X? Wondering would make much of a difference, seeing as the GPU is mounted horizontally. It did seem to benefit the Ncase M1 though when they did that change from V5 to V6.
To be completely honest I don't know who belongs Cerberus/Cerberus-X design, either Chimera, either Sliger..:)
Only thing I know there is Cerberus-Mini (made for mini ITX MB) under development by Sliger.

@PlayfulPhoenix or @KSliger : do you expect any V.2 on either Cerberus/Cerberus-X?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
On my Cerberus-X thread I've updated my first topic and added a short summary of best cooling depending on your case/needs..:)
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...cerberus-x-complete-build-log.2007/post-43877

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best cooling setup
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Based on my Cerberus-X experience I wanted to sum-up best cooling setups in it :
  • More gaming oriented setups :
    • With vented side panel : Noctua C14S (dual intake fans) : Return of the king : Noctua C14S (Update of 21st February-16th May 2020)
    • With solid/window side panel : 92mm watercooling : Testing Watercooling 92mm (Asetek 645LT) (Update : 3rd January 2020)
  • More CPU workload oriented setups : Finding better 240mm watercooling compromise (Update : 19th November 2017)

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Hello guys. I wanted to share with you my new build. What do you think? Any improvements? Thanks
Excellent build!
Love your gentle typhoon..:)

Depending on your cooling you can also add 92mm radiator on rear panel...quite effective also..:)

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
The other day I was putting in some time into the concept of 2x240mmi in the mATX Cerberus. With the mATX motherboard installed, I was able to fit a FlexATX PSU in the sideways position where the front mounted SFX PSU goes. I still need to design and print a mount for the FlexATX PSU to interface with the front mounted PSU bracket.

With this FlexATX PSU placement it completely opens up the side bracket to fit a 240mm rad in a similar layout to the NCASE M1.

That being said, I recall James saying several years ago that he was thinking of designing the rear fan mount and the two watercooling cutout holes similar to the M1 but he wasn't sure if he was going to actually incorporate that into the design when the Cerberus went into production because of the few number of enthusiasts that would put an external reservoir there.

Which brings me to the reason I am posting all of this. I've been eyeing that Iceman DDC Pump/Res unit for the NCASE M1 and was wondering if anyone meets the following criteria and can test for me before I spend the capital:

A: Has the Iceman unit​
B: Has a Cerberus​
C: Can test the Iceman to see if its a viable option.​
I originally planned to buy everything and test all of this and then surprise the thread with my findings as I hadn't seen any other thread conceptualizing this or implementing it, but I wanted to share with the Cerberus community my thoughts, and gather some input.

Last edited:

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
The FrozenQ is just a reservoir, I used one in my Ncase a few years ago with an Apogee Drive II and worked well. The iceman is an even better option.
Yea it is. You can stick a DDC pump in it which is really convenient. OptimumTech just did a video on the Iceman with the NCASE which was pretty neat.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Well here is a good reminder of radiator orientation video...especially for Cerberus users..:)

Basically it could lead Cerberus to be incompatible with 240mm AIO with radiator located at the bottom.
Hopefully there is still back 92mm AIO compatibility..:)

Reactions: Revenant