Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

si_death

Cable Smoosher
Oct 3, 2019
Hello, new question,

I had to swap out my arctic liquid freezer for a x6 kraken because the gpu card i wanted coudlnt fit. I believe the arctic performs better and was wondering if there was any down side to putting two 120mm slim fans on the very front of the case behind the front panel, so there would be two 120mm fans on front, then the metal sheeting, and then the radiator and then two fans after?? Is this stupid?? Also does it matter that i am putting 120mm fans in front of what would need to be 140mm fans (i got the 280mm aio)??

much thanks again, i hope im getting close to the finish line

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Probably gonna get yelled at for cross posting here, but I need a lead...!

Slate Grey Cerberus for sale, with a bunch of extras...!

US$275 + shipping (from Colorado, United States - Zip Code 81501)

Made in the USA...!!!

Slate Grey Cerberus
Windowed side panel
Solid backside panel
Black perforated top panel
Black handle
Internal SFX PSU mounting
Standard hinged side bracket
Includes optional top bracket for mounting dual 120mm slim fans
Noctua NF-A9 PWM fan w/ black fan grill
Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM fan w/ black fan grill
Power switch wiring has been sleeved - black braided
Demciflex dust filters - full set for any configuration (excepting bottom filter)
Assorted PSlate custom cables - Black / Gunmetal / Crimson

First set of cables (24-pin mobo & 8-pin EPS) was shaped for PSU facing in, which was wrong, and SATA power was too short, PCIe was fine (8-pin + 6-pin, combed together)
Second set was correct, will fit for Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX motherboard...

Both sets are shown & will be included...

Almost US$500 of product, asking US$275 + shipping, I still have original box & foam inserts for the chassis to ship in...

Now back to your regularly programmed content...!

RootsMagoo

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 28, 2020
So, I'm pretty convinced the Cerberus the case I've been searching for.

But, I really want adequate cooling, and after being on water for over a decade now, there's no going back to air. My ideal layout is a HW Lab 280mm SR-2 on bottom and a 92mm rad on the back. This will give me slightly more surface area than a single 360mm rad. Super!

But, the SR-2 is 163mm wide. The Cerberus is 168mm wide, and I'm guessing some of the 168mm is taken up by the side panels and space behind the back side panel.

I've looked all over, through this thread, reddit, Google, etc. I can't find any documentation regarding the max rad width.

Can I go with an SR-2 given there are only 5mm of play?

sn0man

Trash Compacter
Jan 10, 2020
Probably gonna get yelled at for cross posting here, but I need a lead...!

Slate Grey Cerberus for sale, with a bunch of extras...!

US$275 + shipping (from Colorado, United States - Zip Code 81501)

Made in the USA...!!!

Slate Grey Cerberus
Windowed side panel
Solid backside panel
Black perforated top panel
Black handle
Internal SFX PSU mounting
Standard hinged side bracket
Includes optional top bracket for mounting dual 120mm slim fans
Noctua NF-A9 PWM fan w/ black fan grill
Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM fan w/ black fan grill
Power switch wiring has been sleeved - black braided
Demciflex dust filters - full set for any configuration (excepting bottom filter)
Assorted PSlate custom cables - Black / Gunmetal / Crimson

First set of cables (24-pin mobo & 8-pin EPS) was shaped for PSU facing in, which was wrong, and SATA power was too short, PCIe was fine (8-pin + 6-pin, combed together)
Second set was correct, will fit for Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX motherboard...

Both sets are shown & will be included...

Almost US$500 of product, asking US$275 + shipping, I still have original box & foam inserts for the chassis to ship in...

Now back to your regularly programmed content...!

What is the little dust filter with the irregular shape laying just above the custom PSU cords?

TLN

Average Stuffer
Mar 9, 2020
Looking at Cerberus as my next case for HTPC/servser/etc. Can anyone answer a few questions:
1. Can I use front pane SFF PSU and mount 240 Rad on top?
2. I'm going to use mobo with three PCie slots and I wanna mount videocard (5600XT-5700XT) in 3rd slot. Do I have space to add vents on the botton of case or nah?
3. Have anyone done vertical GPU mod with that case?

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
Looking at Cerberus as my next case for HTPC/servser/etc. Can anyone answer a few questions:
1. Can I use front pane SFF PSU and mount 240 Rad on top?
2. I'm going to use mobo with three PCie slots and I wanna mount videocard (5600XT-5700XT) in 3rd slot. Do I have space to add vents on the botton of case or nah?
3. Have anyone done vertical GPU mod with that case?
1. You cannot use 240 rad on top without case modification.
2. Cerb has 5 pcie cutouts. Didn't really understand what you meant but it will fit anyway, and for ventilation purposes you can remove bottom pcie covers.
3. It will require heavy modification of the case.

TLN

Average Stuffer
Mar 9, 2020
1. You cannot use 240 rad on top without case modification.
2. Cerb has 5 pcie cutouts. Didn't really understand what you meant but it will fit anyway, and for ventilation purposes you can remove bottom pcie covers.
3. It will require heavy modification of the case.
Oh, good to know.

1. Currently I have 120 Rad, should be fine with it for a while.
2. I mean if 2 slot card takes 3rd and 4th slot in case, can I add fans below cards or there's not enough space?
3. Yeah, It seems like my best bet is to start building. I realized that I can always use pcie extenders to move devices to lower slots.

brownelvis

Trash Compacter
Jun 5, 2019
Is it possible to mount an Atx psu in front like one of the 140mm compact ones? I searched around and found some references to an "easy mod" but can't find details

Qzrx

Buried under radiators
Dec 29, 2019
So, I'm pretty convinced the Cerberus the case I've been searching for.

But, I really want adequate cooling, and after being on water for over a decade now, there's no going back to air. My ideal layout is a HW Lab 280mm SR-2 on bottom and a 92mm rad on the back. This will give me slightly more surface area than a single 360mm rad. Super!

But, the SR-2 is 163mm wide. The Cerberus is 168mm wide, and I'm guessing some of the 168mm is taken up by the side panels and space behind the back side panel.

I've looked all over, through this thread, reddit, Google, etc. I can't find any documentation regarding the max rad width.

Can I go with an SR-2 given there are only 5mm of play?

HWLabs shows the SR-2 as being 153mm, not 163mm

As I understand it you would need to remove the lower motherboard mounts to make it work since they interfere with the radiator placement.

AWBbox

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 29, 2020
Dear Cerberus X veterans, I plan on joining your ranks in a few months. I plan to squeeze an AMD Threadripper Zen 3 CPU and a couple of high end GPUs depending on what's most suitable at the time, so it's going to produce some heat. I have two questions to ask of you:

1 - From the examples below, which airflow option do you feel would be best?

2 - Does a heavily loaded HEDT system in this case produce an acceptably low enough amount of noise in your opinion?

Many thanks!

Chromavoid

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
Hi All,
Does anyone have any insight or experience with cable management in a Cerberus? Im mostly referring to the area to the right of the motherboard. I have two SDD's in there, so along with their added clutter its also one of the only area's for the on/off switch wires and other fan cables etc/..

I guess Im hoping someone has some magic bullet idea and some pics to explain in case I am totally overlooking or overthinking some solution. That area in my PC is a bit of a mess

Uruk

Trash Compacter
Feb 1, 2019
Dear Cerberus X veterans, I plan on joining your ranks in a few months. I plan to squeeze an AMD Threadripper Zen 3 CPU and a couple of high end GPUs depending on what's most suitable at the time, so it's going to produce some heat. I have two questions to ask of you:

1 - From the examples below, which airflow option do you feel would be best?

2 - Does a heavily loaded HEDT system in this case produce an acceptably low enough amount of noise in your opinion?

Many thanks!

1- Front intake and bottom/top exhaust. I think is the best option in terms of airflow.

2- With two radiators and quality fans, like the Noctua NF-A12x25, you can have a silent PC even with a "balls to the wall" HEDT platform.

Last edited:
Reactions: AWBbox

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Hi All,
Does anyone have any insight or experience with cable management in a Cerberus? Im mostly referring to the area to the right of the motherboard. I have two SDD's in there, so along with their added clutter its also one of the only area's for the on/off switch wires and other fan cables etc/..

I guess Im hoping someone has some magic bullet idea and some pics to explain in case I am totally overlooking or overthinking some solution. That area in my PC is a bit of a mess
I have my PSU front mounted with two SSDs installed in their slots so I ran the SATA cables and power cables up the side of the motherboard and behind the PSU.

I then ran my 8pin over the top of them and flat in between the motherboard and PSU. My 24 pin is not a custom cable so it looks like booty.
Custom length cables are the way to go especially for the 24pin and GPU.

Bottom SSD. I’ll edit the post once I have time to get a pic with the 24pin out of the way.

Edit: How about that LTT doing a watercooled Cerberus build?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chromavoid

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I have my PSU front mounted with two SSDs installed in their slots so I ran the SATA cables and power cables up the side of the motherboard and behind the PSU.

I then ran my 8pin over the top of them and flat in between the motherboard and PSU. My 24 pin is not a custom cable so it looks like booty.
Custom length cables are the way to go especially for the 24pin and GPU.

Bottom SSD. I’ll edit the post once I have time to get a pic with the 24pin out of the way.

Edit: How about that LTT doing a watercooled Cerberus build?

LTT did a Cerberus build?

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
That was posted a lot faster than I thought it would be. It was a good video though and showed off the performance and potential you can get from the Cerberus.

Reactions: owliwar