Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Question for sake of clarity:

Going on, it the cerebrus a Sliger product, while Chimera continues to develop other cases like the Machone?
Or is it still a Chimera product, despite then having no further development/it's not sold on SFFlab?

Thanks!
In fact Kimera industries developped Cerberus cases and produced by Sliger.

However since a couple of years, Kimera "dies" and Chimera was created and switched to another case brand with Mach one.
Sliger is still producing Cerberus cases.

But basically no relation between Cerberus and Machone...different companies at the end.

jzwang

Case Bender
Nov 8, 2019
Hey guys, just ordered the Cerberus X case. Should I go with 280 aio at the bottom with itx mobo or 240 bottom with atx mobo? I plan to put my hybrid card’s radiator at front so I’m worried a bottom 280 won’t fit with atx mobo and a front radiator.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hey guys, just ordered the Cerberus X case. Should I go with 280 aio at the bottom with itx mobo or 240 bottom with atx mobo? I plan to put my hybrid card’s radiator at front so I’m worried a bottom 280 won’t fit with atx mobo and a front radiator.
completely up to you..;)

If you want Max CPU power & compatibility, go for ATX motherboard..;)

jzwang

Case Bender
Nov 8, 2019
completely up to you..;)

If you want Max CPU power & compatibility, go for ATX motherboard..;)

I saw you mentioned that 280 mm AIO will push against the bottom pins on ATX motherboards. If the only bottom one I use is the front panel connector, will that be a problem?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I saw you mentioned that 280 mm AIO will push against the bottom pins on ATX motherboards. If the only bottom one I use is the front panel connector, will that be a problem?
Yes you can put aio 280mm on front panel, even with atx mb. However while putting on front be careful of max gpu length.
I also advice putting sfx on rear slot...:)

Cortsar

Efficiency Noob
Feb 22, 2017
I cant seem to find a place to sell my cerberus. does anyone know a good place to post it? Going to be upgrading to the cerberus x for a different type of build.

kecoal2

Caliper Novice
May 6, 2018
Radiator at bottom is fine. However you can try exhaust mode for fan on radiator.

I had to put the rad on the front because I lose access to the bottom pin outs of my motherboard. I wonder if there are some right angle headers I could use to get around it. I can probably now invest in some shorter wiring runs to make it look a lot cleaner. Maybe for another weekend project when I am up for it.

I did still have my PC lock up once tho. So now I have swapped my motherboard, cooler, ram, PSU, not the GPU though.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Does someone have cable lengths for their Cerberus X they want to share? I want to get some custom cables, but I'm not sure what lengths work best. I imagine pcie cables should be about 5 inches, and the 24 pin should be 6inches.

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017

Leak test done - just need to add the last few bits and wire it all up properly.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Loving @AP2 's build. Speaking of which, almost finished mine. Got my all but 1 of my old fans swapped out for the new Noctua Chromax lines (the a9 will be here soon) and some of my custom cables (gpu and sata power were too short :( )

These fans are just so freaking sweet!!!

ywori

Trash Compacter
Jul 6, 2018

Finally finished my watercooled X. Will play some games before posting about the process. It is a tight fit but well worth it. Any ideas how I should order a custom order a tempered glass panel? Do not like the acrylic/plexi finish.

Last edited:

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, guys.
Those who have front PSU layout, could you tell me please, how many mm does power cord protrude over PSU when inserted fully? Want to place PSU between MB and front rad. So if power cord protrudes more than 15mm, it will not fit :/
Thank you.

Last edited:

vand3537

What's an ITX?
Nov 30, 2019
no black Friday sale this year? :(
this is the most important part of the build, can't buy any other components until I get this thing on sale

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Direct from Sliger still has the 15% off promo going, promo code BF15
no black Friday sale this year? :(
this is the most important part of the build, can't buy any other components until I get this thing on sale

The BF15 coupon is good til end of day on Cyber Monday - valid all weekend!

Does any one know a good cable lengths for the 24 pin power cable and the video card cables?

@pslate might be able to get you something, varies on PSU and motherboard though.

Hi, guys.
Those who have front PSU layout, could you tell me please, how many mm does power cord protrude over PSU when inserted fully? Want to place PSU between MB and front rad. So if power cord protrudes more than 15mm, it will not fit :/
Thank you.

No clear on this, do you have a sketch or something you can post?

Power cord faces up and does not stick out more than 15mm from the PSU.