Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Felt like posting a couple of pics:

Also, bought and installed new 3rd party feet. They are 40mm diameter and 10mm height. I absolutely love them compared to the original tall rubber ones (which feel quite cheap, tbh).

What I enjoy about it the most is that it's whisper quiet. The only part that I can actually hear (at night) is the power supply.

Cheers.
Nice, simple and effective..:)
For psu noise...it’s shame that bequiet sfx l psu has no fanless mode..:) on low charge/idle i love mu sx800 lti..:)

Reactions: lomskat404

lomskat404

Chassis Packer
Mar 12, 2018
Nice, simple and effective..:)
For psu noise...it’s shame that bequiet sfx l psu has no fanless mode..:) on low charge/idle i love mu sx800 lti..:)

Hey, that's a lovely PSU! Unfortunately it wasn't available yet when I built my PC. Also, the bequiet sfx is half the price :)

The noise coming from the bequiet sfx is rather hard to hear... lemme just say that my monitor's coils are louder. :)

Also, I am soon upgrading to this beauty (RTX2070 Windforce): :)

Reactions: MarcParis

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Felt like posting a couple of pics:

Also, bought and installed new 3rd party feet. They are 40mm diameter and 10mm height. I absolutely love them compared to the original tall rubber ones (which feel quite cheap, tbh).

What I enjoy about it the most is that it's whisper quiet. The only part that I can actually hear (at night) is the power supply.

Cheers.

Very nice - where did you get the feet? Might put them as recommended on the page if they're reasonably priced.

It's a pity as this Carmine Red was my preferred color.
Is there any specific reason of this move? Not enough sales? Failing supplier?

Our red is only used for these cases, so it sits around a long time and we had a box "expire" which ruined the batch of red.

Will instead go to limited run batches of panels to keep powder coat inventory fresh - first up will be a small quantity of Ecru.

@KSliger any news on an EU distributor? How is the CE testing going?

Nothing yet, CE testing has not even been booked yet as far as I know - we just got all the paperwork and sample pieces in order last week.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
There should be new lower FedEx shipping rates live by Friday this week for anyone in SEA or EU.

Just got done signing our agreement, should cut most our shipping rates by roughly 25% to 60% depending on shipping zone.

Rough timeline on when that would be available? Would order ecru ASAP when it’s ready!

Give it 2~3 weeks.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
@KSliger You mentioned in the SM series thread that you may look into a revision of the Cerberus with a middle mounted board and top/bottom 280mm rads and was wondering if the consensus there would be to lower the M-ATX mounts so there was space in the top for a rad, or if the case would be designed to only support ITX systems with heaps of rad space top and bottom?

Figured I'd ask here as this is the Cerberus thread and felt it was more relevant here.

As a wishlist I'd love to either be able to mount a 280mm Phoenix rad or have pump mounts on the from PSU mount so you can mount a pump/res between the motherboard and PSU.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
There should be new lower FedEx shipping rates live by Friday this week for anyone in SEA or EU.

Just got done signing our agreement, should cut most our shipping rates by roughly 25% to 60% depending on shipping zone.

Give it 2~3 weeks.
that's today best news..:D

It doesn't solve customs, but it's reducing main cost driver...;)

Reactions: VegetableStu

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
@KSliger you might have missed my question twice in the SM550 thread, but i hope that you'll see this. Does the Cerberus have PEM insert marks on the outer surface of the case due to insufficient deburring, similar to the issue that the SM550/560 line of cases have?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@KSliger i just realized that there is no spare part for power button (with wires). Is it possible to have this capability with also several color choice?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger you might have missed my question twice in the SM550 thread, but i hope that you'll see this. Does the Cerberus have PEM insert marks on the outer surface of the case due to insufficient deburring, similar to the issue that the SM550/560 line of cases have?

Cerberus has them if you get the lighting to reflect off them, not as noticeable. Issue is being fixed for 550/560 and going forward on 570/580.

@KSliger i just realized that there is no spare part for power button (with wires). Is it possible to have this capability with also several color choice?

Any 16mm round power switch will work - lots of them on Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress, etc. but not with wires. If you need a replacement go ahead and email us orders@sliger.com.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
GN reviewed the Q500L, and was surprisingly "tough-love" on it o_o
(they ultimately couldn't recommend it outside of the total volume proposition)

... how confident are we on recommending Cerberus-X in general? ;)

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
GN reviewed the Q500L, and was surprisingly "tough-love" on it o_o
(they ultimately couldn't recommend it outside of the total volume proposition)

... how confident are we on recommending Cerberus-X in general? ;)
I love conclusion...basically tower cpu cooler are not suited for Q500L...like Cerberus-X i will say..:D
After i was not thinking that Q500L vented panels were so restrictive on cooling.

Reactions: VegetableStu

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I'm actually kinda surprised that the Q300L and Q500L had vents like those o_o it's probably for their mounting system, but there's a lot of space in the middle that could do better by being holes than steel

if it were me my first act of owning the case is digging out the vents ._.

EDIT: that being said I'm still glad CM made the Q500L. it's pretty great for the size (despite not being exactly SFF)

Last edited:
Reactions: Uruk and MarcParis