Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

carpenike

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
Completed my loop, will water test while waiting for rest of parts. Didn't intend to not use tubing, but all the spaces were so small that it was easier to just use the fittings...

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Completed my loop, will water test while waiting for rest of parts. Didn't intend to not use tubing, but all the spaces were so small that it was easier to just use the fittings...

Boy, that's an expensive build if the whole loop is comprised of fittings. How many fittings are there?

pillagemyvillage

Chassis Packer
Nov 26, 2018
Darn it.

Ordered a vented side to replace my windowed panel, but I got it in the wrong colour (black) instead of slate gray. A bit of a reach but if anyone wants to trade let me know :)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Assuming each fitting costs $10 (they usually cost $8-15), that's $350 just in fittings. Yikes. And I though I spent a lot on cooling by buying a Scythe FUMA and a Morpheus II.
Hardtubing & watercooling is one the most expensive, but also one of the most beautiful cooling setup..:D
As usual, if you can afford this type of cooling without downgrading components you are cooling, just go for it..:D

carpenike

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
Yeah this whole project was a splurge for me. Sold a bunch of mining cards when I got out of mining and decided to dump it into this. The fittings were a lot more nickle and diming because I didn't want to miss any parts when building. Got a bunch left over too. 350 looks right including the unused stuff.

I'd estimate cooling alone cost around 1k with the blocks, pumps, controllers, etc. First time doing this, so a bit of a learning curve too.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yeah this whole project was a splurge for me. Sold a bunch of mining cards when I got out of mining and decided to dump it into this. The fittings were a lot more nickle and diming because I didn't want to kiss any parts when building. Got a bunch left over too. 350 looks right including the unused stuff.

I'd estimate cooling alone cost around 1k with the blocks, pumps, controllers, etc. First time doing this, so a bit of a learning curve too.
You are building a new platform supposed to last X years..;)

Reactions: fabio and carpenike

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
And finally, with the P5000 in place, the build is finished!!!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Nice final build.
What about cpu temperature now that you have switched to 240+120, instead of previous dual 240?
I can retest it this weekend! Are you interested in some test in particular? I'll do prime95 with Small FFT for 1 hour...
If you have more test that you think are worth it, let me know!

lomskat404

Chassis Packer
Mar 12, 2018
Hello fellow Ceberus owners, I have a quick question.

I am planning to upgrade to an MSI RTX 2070 Armor - it's a massive card and it'd be fun to squeeze that behemoth into the Cerberus.

Can someone, based on experience, tell me if it is possible? I think I will be able to squeeze it into the 3rd PCIe slot (8x), which will put it right on the bottom of the case. One parameter that worries me is its depth of 155 mm, but it does feature recessed power cable connectors...

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I can retest it this weekend! Are you interested in some test in particular? I'll do prime95 with Small FFT for 1 hour...
If you have more test that you think are worth it, let me know!
Prime95 is perfect...just compare with your original dual 240mm rads..;)

For stability testing, I usually use intel burn test...give it a try also (high settings..;))

Hello fellow Ceberus owners, I have a quick question.

I am planning to upgrade to an MSI RTX 2070 Armor - it's a massive card and it'd be fun to squeeze that behemoth into the Cerberus.

Can someone, based on experience, tell me if it is possible? I think I will be able to squeeze it into the 3rd PCIe slot (8x), which will put it right on the bottom of the case. One parameter that worries me is its depth of 155 mm, but it does feature recessed power cable connectors...
That's a tall card, however its power connectors are offseted.
I'm 95% confident it should fit Cerberus as it looks like former Gaming X pascal variant. But who knows...please make sure you can return your gpu..;)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Prime95 is perfect...just compare with your original dual 240mm rads..;)

For stability testing, I usually use intel burn test...give it a try also (high settings..;))

That's a tall card, however its power connectors are offseted.
I'm 95% confident it should fit Cerberus as it looks like former Gaming X pascal variant. But who knows...please make sure you can return your gpu..;)

So, here the temp! (Because the system is quite different than before for the entire loop, I cannot compare, but I guess I've lost 3/4 degrees of cooling capacity!

Next month I'll add two more sensors, 1 just after the CPU exit, and 1 after the 120 Rad, so I can understand the Deltas, after each radiator!)

Now the sensor is just after the 240 rad, and you can see the temp in the top left of the Aquasuite.

The ambient temperature of 22 Degrees, all cores OC to 4.2GHz, 2 cores at 4.4GHz, AVX offset of 6.

IntelBurn Test (Very High)

Prime95 for 1 Hour

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcParis

carpenike

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
So I got the Aquaero in today and 'mounted' it to the case. It's not really attached to anything but semi-wedged to the front bottom fan with its power cables routed under the front radiator and its fan cables wedged in the front bottom corner...

Anyone see any concerns with this?

Reactions: MarcParis

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
So I got the Aquaero in today and 'mounted' it to the case. It's not really attached to anything but semi-wedged to the front bottom fan with its power cables routed under the front radiator and its fan cables wedged in the front bottom corner...

Anyone see any concerns with this?

I’ll be worried about it falling into the fan below it. Maybe mount it somewhere else, or at least put a fan grill on the A12x25 to protect the Aquaero and/or fan.