Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I guess a 20cm atx 24pins will be enough.
However for more specific values why are you not making a mock up, measuring all required lengths and order/build customed cables?

Last edited:
Reactions: kageiit

carpenike

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
Hey All,

Got my build underway! Turns out the ATX PSU that I had will not fit with my res mounted to the front rad/fan combo... so I ordered an SFX-L PSU last night... Hopefully be able to get this guy booted up next week...

Modifying the Heatkiller tube wasn't too bad. Took a bit of time and fortunately have a friend that has a ton of tools that was willing to help me out.

More details are embedded in each picture below.

carpenike

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
So I've got the hydrocopper installed and hooked into the bottom part of the loop. Question -- can I have the out line going through the opposite side of the inlet into the CPU block or is that what they mean by not connecting them on the same side due to severe performance penalties?

EDIT: nevermind, there's a nice chart in the install media (RTFM...) that shows it'd be a bad idea.

Also, I bought an in-line temp probe thinking that my motherboard had an input for the two pin connector, turns out it doesnt. Any elegant way of attaching it to my system?

carpenike

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
Solved my other temp control question, ordered a Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 LT that I'll hide in the bottom front of the case or behind the cross bar.

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
Solved my other temp control question, ordered a Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 LT that I'll hide in the bottom front of the case or behind the cross bar.
i have aquaero 5lt in my case. Ill show you my setup in a few hours.

I want to say that I order scythe fuma rev B(dual a12x25) to compare with c14S

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
complete setup:

aquaero 5 LT in the bottom, left corner:

All cables are custom. I dont know if will use noctua fans or nidecs fans for cpu cooler because I already have 2 ap15 but fan(3 pin) speed spikes a lot with the aquaero