Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I'd seriously consider a SFX-L unit, like the SX700-LPT. The fans on the standard silverstone SFX psus can get pretty noisy.
SFX tends to be noisy, especially on load and in a warm environment (ie SFF case..;)).
SFX-L is a very good compromise to reduce noise significantly.

I don't regret at all my sx800 lti...vs my SF600..;)
Seasonic sx650 seems to be also a very good choice (passive cooling at lo load, shorter sfx-l format, fdb fan).

mystxc

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 11, 2018
Lurker here.

Been waiting for a new product launch to make an excuse to upgrade from my ancient machine. Built this last week but finally decided to share with the Cerberus camp.

Went in with plans for NVLink future setup. Realized i'm kinda limited by general PCIe x16/x8 or 16/16 matx support (unless i'm wrong). Maybe something on the horizon with new skylake x but not too worried. Might get one even with the x8/x4 limitation with my x16/x4 slot board.
(please correct me on my pcie 3.0 mobo limitations this is just what from i've interpreted)

Any opinions on intake/exhaust with my setup?
After running it for a week and 73C gpu temps plans to switch the front rad to intake and the top to exhaust just for more positive pressure and gpu airflow even if it's warm rad exhaust.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Lurker here.

Been waiting for a new product launch to make an excuse to upgrade from my ancient machine. Built this last week but finally decided to share with the Cerberus camp.

Went in with plans for NVLink future setup. Realized i'm kinda limited by general PCIe x16/x8 or 16/16 matx support (unless i'm wrong). Maybe something on the horizon with new skylake x but not too worried. Might get one even with the x8/x4 limitation with my x16/x4 slot board.
(please correct me on my pcie 3.0 mobo limitations this is just what from i've interpreted)

After running it for a week and 73C gpu temps plans to switch the front rad to intake and the top to exhaust just for more positive pressure and gpu airflow even if it's warm rad exhaust.

Welcome, and congrats on your new build!
After seeing the pictures, my first reaction was that to flip some of the fans, but you’ve mentioned later that you’ve already done so - how you have it now was my suggestion as well.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
We knew it!

Jokes aside. I’m tempted to get a regular version to add to my current X version
I’ve been tempted to get an X to add to my current regular version.

Hard to downgrade from a 480mm thick boy rad in my workstation to two 240mm thin boys.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Lurker here.

Nice setup and cat!
Now challenge is to take a photo with cat on cerberus..:)

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
little teaser:

I will post more pics in 1 or 2 days!

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
Pretty interesting combo..:)
Based on my experience, if your bottom fan are intake, C14s fan will placed in exhaust...this will litterally remove all hot air coming from gpu..;)
37° peak on gpu. No hot air to remove.
I'll post first test in few hours, but my oc is not ready and I need to search a little more with this mobo

Reactions: MarcParis

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
My radiators and tubing have arrived and I will be ordering 7 120x15mm Noctua fans. Would the following configuration work?

- 2 on top above the ATX psu as exhaust using the top bracket.
- 1 in front of the pump/res using the side bracket as exhaust.
- 4 on the 2 radiators as intake.

Last edited: