Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
Hope you somehow make it also possible for Europeans to get ahold of the cases.

At least a couple of the pre-pre-pre-pre-production cases ended up in Europe, so I would be surprised if they wouldn't accept orders from there on the final thing.

Reactions: VegetableStu

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Aug 23, 2017
Any news on the status of production?
If this case isn't expected until 2018+, what is the next smallest case to fit sli+cpu liquid cooling that can come close to the cerberus?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Any news on the status of production?
If this case isn't expected until 2018+, what is the next smallest case to fit sli+cpu liquid cooling that can come close to the cerberus?
The status on production is "prototyping" ;) it'll be ready when it's ready. Next best thing that's available NOW and mostly SFF would IMO be a full loop in the Fractal Design Define Nano S, if you can forget about SLI. There are of course other cases than the Fractal but it's one of the nicer, smaller ones I've seen.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
If you want sli and watercooled it fractal define mini c or define c or meshify c are one of the best atx/size in standard cases

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
Smallest mATX case with SLI, and an AIO on the CPU, is probably the In Win 301 at 25L.

Jonsbo UMX3 is 24L but the CPU cooling is much more limited.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
Well, still lurking around here and waiting for the case. However, I'll most likely be building a rig in the next few months or early next year. Since I don't actually own a case yet, I've been looking around. Pretty hard to find anything that matches Cerberus's (X) feature set without going mid to full tower atx. I did happen upon this newly released beauty and I quite like it.

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M-SpecialEdition.html

The white will go well with my industrial esque design. With most the the main parts being white/silver and a few blacks thrown in here and there with green accents via power cables and eventually a custom water loop. I'll hopefully get a bare metal Cerberus X to have painted in a bright green once it's up for sale ^_^. Now while I usually detest RGB lighting as I have very sensitive eyes, Phanteks is releasing a new fan cover for RGB lighting on any 120-140mm fan. There's a cheaper plastic variant and a machined aluminum variant that comes in bare and anodized black. Given that the fans I want are Prolimatech's 140mm Vortex Aluminum, this may well be a match made in heaven :cool:.
(I was originally going for a custom machined aluminum grill and plate to cover the fan but I think the Halos plate and no grill would look awesome)

http://www.phanteks.com/HalosLux.html
http://www.prolimatech.com/en/products/detail.asp?id=1200&page=1

That being said, I'd rather not use the LED's in the fan chassis. Would the fix be to just snip the wires and pull out the LED's?

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
but oh my god I feel so guilty for scratching this itch :C

That case is deceivingly massive at a whopping 53.6 liters.

In the meantime, I've stuffed my TR build into a 41 liter NZXT S340 Elite case.
I chose the S340 Elite simply because I wanted a 280mm AIO cooiler and the Thermaltake G3 only supports 240mm.

The 21 liter Cerberus-X should allow me to transfer everything over when the time comes.

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Aug 23, 2017
Idk if Volta & the PSU will be out when the case becomes available but here it goes:

Kimera Cerberus X (or close alternate)
mATX mobo (x16/x16/x4)
2× 960pro 2TB Nvme ssd's
2× Nvidia Titan XP Liquid Cooled (or volta)
I7 7820x liquid cooled (7900x too hot)
32GB 2666 DDR4
FSP Hydro PTM+ 1200W ATX PSU Liquid Cooled
2× 240mm EK Radiators
D5 Pump & resivoir
5× NFA-14 Noctua fans

The entire point is to be as quiet and compact as possible with SLI. I will not be overclocking. I still need to run some #'s to see if these, or other, quiet fans move enough air and have a good enough staticP.

The smallest fractal case given as an alternative, Fractal c mini, is 33.4L! Is this really the next smallest? The Thermaltake G3 is only 23.5L but it doesn't support the length of the liquid cooled PSU (220mm long) and I can't add another radiator for some reason.

Anthony, I agree, I'm not into the RGB craze, I just don't get it. I like to game at night and all that flashing/pulsing/glowing light is irritating. I do enjoy a nice UV liquid coolant though, as long as it's cold cathode lighting has an on/off switch ;)

Last edited:

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Aug 23, 2017
I dont like AMD cpus nor do I like ATI/AMD GPU's. Ill be honest, I never even considered an AMD cpu. When I was growing up, you didnt mix Nvidia and AMD... It might be worth looking into. But that still doesnt solve my case problem. A quick read from a few forums and articles says ryzen is hot and uses more power... no thanks, that defeats the quiet purpose of this build.

Last edited: