Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It won't be easy since the panels attach with clips. Trying to add clips to a pane of glass probably won't work for various reasons.

Cutting a hole in the stock panel and attaching the glass to that would be more feasible, but removing the panels causing them to flex slightly in the process and I'm not sure how that will work with glass.

The most feasible suggestion I've seen is to drill out the rivets for the clips and swap them with a little insert that has a threaded hole. That way a sheet of glass either directly or as part of a custom panel can be screwed on. That way there's no danger of bending the glass when removing the panel.

axtran

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
Wow, this thing is so beautiful. It totally suppresses my dislike in building in a case and seeing a tad of extra space where I believe it didn't need to be, and then seeing the same wasted space on my desk afterward...

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
All the pre-pre-production cases are now sold, big thanks to everyone who bought one!

Now on to pre-production :)
After more thoughts, quality level already achieved in pre-pre production was clearly acceptable to be sold.

At your place, just forgot pre-pre or pre production statement, just speak of batch #.

Let's assume that my Cerberus-x was coming from batch #1, then you are preparing batch #2, etc..:D

Reactions: Biowarejak

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Just curious but do you have a list of the differences between the two versions?

Cerberus vs Cerberus-X: Cerberus-X is ~61mm taller to fit 3 more expansion slots for ATX motherboard support. Basically identical otherwise.

Pre-pre-production vs pre-production: minor fixes, nothing major.

what is the link?? I really want this case

We do not have any cases for sale at the moment.

After more thoughts, quality level already achieved in pre-pre production was clearly acceptable to be sold.

At your place, just forgot pre-pre or pre production statement, just speak of batch #.

Well, there are all sorts of little flaws that I notice so I don't think of these as regular production, though maybe most other people wouldn't notice/don't care :p

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
So close, and yet so far.