Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
welp, hopefully i'll be able to catch your production run. thats still happening right?

also, what do you think about fitting two 240 rads in the cerberus X with atx psu?
A bad idea...:)
I think it's feasible but very poor maintenance and access...but also cerberus-x with atx has pretty nil exhaust capability.

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
Love seeing a couple Cerberus-Xs in the wild. Progress :)

Can't wait to hopefully replace my ncase with a cerberus!

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
welp, hopefully i'll be able to catch your production run. thats still happening right?

also, what do you think about fitting two 240 rads in the cerberus X with atx psu?

There will be a production run later this year. Dual 240mm in Cerberus-X is easier due to the increased height, but it will still be tricky.

Hmm, is there a model of the Cerberus x I could play around with virtually?

Not Cerberus-X, but you could just move the bottom frame piece on the Cerberus SketchUp model down by 61mm to emulate it.

ninetailfox97

Cable Smoosher
May 13, 2017
You need to ask @Aibohphobia ...:)

I'm sure you will prove that I'm wrong lol..:)

:p haha, it would just be absolutely perfect it i could fit everything in such a compact form. No other case exists with such potential for power and small size.

There will be a production run later this year. Dual 240mm in Cerberus-X is easier due to the increased height, but it will still be tricky.

Not Cerberus-X, but you could just move the bottom frame piece on the Cerberus SketchUp model down by 61mm to emulate it.

Awesome, i'll be sure to keep on the lookout :thumb:

ganput

What's an ITX?
May 21, 2017
when is the cerebrus x finally going to be sold open market? when can i buy one? am willing to pay good money for it.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
already tried..:)

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I had reached out to Sliger (@KSliger) to get information about the ball and clip fasteners cause its 2017 and I thought a piece of tempered glass might look nice.

I was going to order a tempered glass side panel through onedayglass with six holes cut out in the same positions as the current side panel.

To mount the glass I planned to pick up the same female ball thread studs and self clinching studs through eBay.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to execute this plan for some time so I thought I'd share the idea in case anyone has a similar one.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I've included a new and noticeable update on my Cerberus-X case :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 22th May 2017 : Cool & quiet, RAM Overclocking
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you will like it..:)

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
There are 2-3 Cerberus (microATX) cases left from the pre-pre-production run.

We're wrapping up the details from that run and they need to go. Please PM me if you're interested, they'll be sold first-come, first-serve.

Price is $400 + shipping ($20 in the continental USA)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I had reached out to Sliger (@KSliger) to get information about the ball and clip fasteners cause its 2017 and I thought a piece of tempered glass might look nice.

I was going to order a tempered glass side panel through onedayglass with six holes cut out in the same positions as the current side panel.

To mount the glass I planned to pick up the same female ball thread studs and self clinching studs through eBay.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to execute this plan for some time so I thought I'd share the idea in case anyone has a similar one.
I've thought about something similar to that. You can't attach those studs directly to the glass though (the "clinching" part works by the metal flowing around the end of the stud as it's pressed in), but what I think makes sense is to use regular screws/bolts through a hole in the glass and threaded into the ball stud. The one thing I'm not sure about is how well the glass will stand up to the levering action required to remove the side panels over time. Also the propensity for this type of toolless fastener to cause the panel to be released suddenly, and the potential to drop the glass because of it.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I hadn't thought about the integrity of the glass after multiple times being removed. I had though about having larger holes cut and these PEM broad studs installed with rubber O rings on the ticker piece. Or something like the Thermaltake Core P series.