(Case + Worldwide Shipping) - $199
CustomMOD SFX mini 2.0 6.37L (Case + Worldwide Shipping) - $199

Price after July 20 (Batch #5)
CustomMOD SFX mini 1.1 5.92L (Case + Worldwide Shipping) - $199
CustomMOD SFX mini 2.0 6.37L (Case + Worldwide Shipping) - $209

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
I think he was asking for thermal tests with a GPU and CPU. I too would like to see tests if possible. It would have to be for every case hole design so I understand if that's not possible atm. Maybe we can get thermal tests from the people who already have their case.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
I think he was asking for thermal tests with a GPU and CPU. I too would like to see tests if possible. It would have to be for every case hole design so I understand if that's not possible atm. Maybe we can get thermal tests from the people who already have their case.
Tests will soon be! I already bought a hot graphics card GTX 580 turbine (250W) for something better than the budget there.:)

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
News by orders.

Batch #2 is painted and sent to me. I'll get it written. (Not all orders from the batch)
Batch #3 is cut out, bent. The factory promised to send tomorrow to me. How to get a photo.

I apologize for the delay. If you can not wait, do not hesitate to contact me.
I'm always in touch. Thank you.

LivewarePr0blem

Efficiency Noob
Mar 22, 2017
My batch #1 case arrived last week after being painted. Still waiting on parts so have not built in it.
The case (SFX #003) is very well made. Maybe having it painted makes a difference, but I could find no flaws or issues. It really is tiny and looks smart beside the rest of my set-up. I got the magnetised clear side panels and the thing looks incredible with them!
Whenever my parts come in I might upload pics with the final build.
Sergii kept me up-to-date and was good to buy from. Would order from him again. I'm so happy I got one of these cases! Thanks, Sergii!

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
My batch #1 case arrived last week after being painted. Still waiting on parts so have not built in it.
The case (SFX #003) is very well made. Maybe having it painted makes a difference, but I could find no flaws or issues. It really is tiny and looks smart beside the rest of my set-up. I got the magnetised clear side panels and the thing looks incredible with them!
Sergii kept me up-to-date and was good to buy from. Would order from him again. I'm so happy I got one of these cases! Thanks, Sergii!
Please post pictures of the case ASAP, if you can. I would really like some close ups of the corners where panels meet and the interior of the case the most. I'm sure there are others as well that are looking to jump on batch 4, and it would help out a ton! Thanks so much!

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
you are welcome. I am glad you like it.

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017

I have a i5-3570k and a GTX780 in mine. I have the GTX 780 and i5 mining crypto currency and have to keep the side panel on the GPU side off or it will get to hot. I also have the GPU fan set to 80%. So heat can be an issue. With that said, when I am only gaming on it I don't have any issues with heat at all even with the fans set to auto and all side panels on. Since the GPU is right on the side panel it is getting plenty of cool air from outside the case and my GPU just exhausts out the top. With newer more efficient hardware I don't think heat to should be to bad.

Reactions: sergiiua

jmsantos1983

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 12, 2017
I want the CustomMOD SFX mini 1.1 5.92L but wanted to know if you got any pkans to make the case smaller because im interested in a full size gpu case that is compact and eady to work in.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
- Tomorrow is the last day of the order of the current batch.
- The plant today reported a breakdown of one of the bending machines. They work around the clock to make it. Promised to do everything tomorrow and send it to me. I apologize for waiting.

Reactions: Acalanata

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
I want the CustomMOD SFX mini 1.1 5.92L but wanted to know if you got any pkans to make the case smaller because im interested in a full size gpu case that is compact and eady to work in.

There isn't any way to make this case smaller and still support a full size GPU.

ExtremelyLoudNinja

Chassis Packer
Mar 19, 2017
*Sorry for poor pictures*
I can provide more pictures with a decent camera if needed. Any questions just ask.

Here is SFX #004.

Parts list:
  • I7 7700
  • Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • MSI B250I Gaming Pro AC
  • Corsair SF450 - 450W fully modular
  • 16GB of DDR4 Crucial 2400MHz
  • Noctua NH-LNi
  • 2.5" HDD
Future Parts
  • 500GB M.2 SSD
  • Custom cables
EDIT: I have ordered a crucial MX300 525GB M.2 SSD as well as a 7mm 2TB 2.5" SSHD Seagate Firecuda. Also ordered is a selection of cable mods to make it more tidy.

Thermals
I tested the system with a handful of games (ROTTR, GTA 5, KF2, BF1). The i7 7700 was a very good choice of CPU for this case being rated at only 65W TDP. Temperatures range from 60°C to 70°C under load whilst gaming. Idle temperatures are around 41/2°C. The noctua does a good job in keeping it cool and silent, however, while under stress it could be considered 'noisy'. For GPU thermal results I found the idle to be roughly 36°C with a custom fan curve that promotes lower temperatures rather than less noise. At full load, the GPU peaked at 78°C. Having only a single 90mm fan makes it the nosiest part of the build. I wish I had purchased a dual fan card.

The case itself
Working in the case was mostly a pleasant experience. I knew from the offset what I was buying into - a first batch. From a design perspective the case is flawless. The only issue I found was that some of the screw holes did not fully align properly. It really helped getting a fully modular PSU and I would advise future buyers to do the same. I am going to order some custom cables from cablemod as the SATA cable is excessively long and with two more connections than I need. The USB port on the side was mainly because I want to purchase a VR headset in the future but is a neat addition for USB sticks etc.

Overall this case is really well made and sergiiua has done a really great job in being able to produce such a small case that can handle a full size GPU.

Last edited:

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
Nice build! great job on the cable management, don't really have any questions but if you are planning on custom length cables could you post an update with the measurements when done?

carpediemz

What's an ITX?
Jul 22, 2017
Project looks really awesome.
I am planning to grab 2.0 Version

I'm wondering if the Power button can be shifted to rear side so i can put 290mm graphics in future (how should i submit order form to apply the design)

It would be really nice if someone can post a building video.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Project looks really awesome.
I am planning to grab 2.0 Version

I'm wondering if the Power button can be shifted to rear side so i can put 290mm graphics in future (how should i submit order form to apply the design)

It would be really nice if someone can post a building video.
Yes the power button can be placed behind. The limitation will be on the height of video cards.