Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
The case itself
Working in the case was mostly a pleasant experience. I knew from the offset what I was buying into - a first batch. From a design perspective the case is flawless. The only issue I found was that some of the screw holes did not fully align properly. It really helped getting a fully modular PSU and I would advise future buyers to do the same. I am going to order some custom cables from cablemod as the SATA cable is excessively long and with two more connections than I need. The USB port on the side was mainly because I want to purchase a VR headset in the future but is a neat addition for USB sticks etc.

Overall this case is really well made and sergiiua has done a really great job in being able to produce such a small case that can handle a full size GPU.

For the Sata cable being to long, I just cut mine off after the 1st plug and covered the end in electrical tape. So far no problems...

ExtremelyLoudNinja

Chassis Packer
Mar 19, 2017
Nice build! great job on the cable management, don't really have any questions but if you are planning on custom length cables could you post an update with the measurements when done?

Haven't done any measurements as of yet. The main one I wanted modded was the 24 pin but cablemod only offer the 24 pin in the lowest length of 25cm (30cm standard length). Just by guessing I reckon it could be 15cm max. The CPU power is 40cm default which could be shortened to about 35/30cm depending on its placement on the m.b. 8 pin PCI is the right length and can easily be tucked around the top of the psu.

For the Sata cable being to long, I just cut mine off after the 1st plug and covered the end in electrical tape. So far no problems...

Could do this but bit dodge haha

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
That looks AWESOME! Please tell me this will apply to the 4th batch!

Also, that paint (powder coat) looks different then the textured black on the last page. I like it a lot. Is that the new black color?!

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
That looks AWESOME! Please tell me this will apply to the 4th batch!

Also, that paint (powder coat) looks different then the textured black on the last page. I like it a lot. Is that the new black color?!
Yes for 3rd and 4th installments. In part 2 lot. Yes this paint is better than the last. Now only such black!

Reactions: Acalanata

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
Yes for 3rd and 4th installments. In part 2 lot. Yes this paint is better than the last. Now only such black!
I ordered magnetic side panels for the 3rd batch but I heard there may be problems with the aluminum panel and magnets, would this be available in the 3rd batch?

durtmcgurt

Case Bender
Jul 25, 2017
What would I put on the order form to receive the dotted venting holes like the ones you have posted in the picture from yesterday? And to further clarify if I were to place an order now the case would look like the one in that picture?

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
These. Cases. Look. Amazing!

I can't wait to get mine. The quality seems amazing and those are only batch #2. I can't wait to see what the future holds. Great work!

salmonelladub

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jun 25, 2017
Any plans to make a version with only mini GPU support? If the power supply is rotated 90 degrees so that the fan is facing to the front of the case, the dimensions would be around 250 x 130 x 180, which is about 5.8 L.

This would allow:
- CPU coolers up to 65mm like Big Shuriken 2 / AXP-100 / L9x65
- OR keep the 44/48mm CPU height and instead create more room between the CPU and GPU boards (so the backside of the CPU die & GPU die get better cooling)
- Possible front panel intake for PSU fan (again better airflow/cooling)
- Different (IMO even better) aesthetics because of the reduced length of the case.

Of course, this would drop full-sized GPU support in favor of the mini-ITX GPUs, but it might be a nice alternative for people with those cards.

I have no experience designing cases, so don't hesitate to shoot the idea down! Just thinking out loud.

fun_times_420420

Cable Smoosher
May 12, 2017
Any plans to make a version with only mini GPU support? If the power supply is rotated 90 degrees so that the fan is facing to the front of the case, the dimensions would be around 250 x 130 x 180, which is about 5.8 L.

This would allow:
- CPU coolers up to 65mm like Big Shuriken 2 / AXP-100 / L9x65
- OR keep the 44/48mm CPU height and instead create more room between the CPU and GPU boards (so the backside of the CPU die & GPU die get better cooling)
- Possible front panel intake for PSU fan (again better airflow/cooling)
- Different (IMO even better) aesthetics because of the reduced length of the case.

Of course, this would drop full-sized GPU support in favor of the mini-ITX GPUs, but it might be a nice alternative for people with those cards.

I have no experience designing cases, so don't hesitate to shoot the idea down! Just thinking out loud.

Check this thread, here https://hardforum.com/threads/custommod-cases-mini-sfx-5-92l-mini-3-24l-slim-3-6l-nano-1-2l.1928557/