Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Mine has finally arrived. There are some fitting issues, so I may have to do a bit of modding to make this work. Will post soon.

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016

Badly taken picture for now. Will do a full build log soon.

Impressions: The manufacturing quality doesn't do the great design any justice.

Some parts do not fit as properly as they should, and that is really important for something this small. The GPU opening on the back was too small and I had to cut a few mm to get my card in. Also, two screws on the front side were a few mm too long that it was impossible to put the PSU in -- though for this one I simply had to loosen it a bit so it doesn't protrude as much.

I think the whole experience would have been much, much better if it had a USER MANUAL. Please consider adding one, Sergi. If your English is bad, I'm sure there are people here who can and will help. I know I will.

As it stands though, for a newbie builder like me it was the Dark Souls of PC building. But I enjoyed every minute of my 4-hour predicament. Now to find a way to put that side panel ...

Reactions: loader963

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Thank you for the very detailed dimensions answers my question personally, This is a huge stretch but i hope it will be possible to fit a vega nano (confirmed) gpu along with a 120mm radiator.

Wait, VEGA Nano is confirmed? Where did you get this info?

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
Got mine today! Tracking says its still in Ukraine so I didn't quite believe my mail lady when she called and told me she had a package for me from out of the country, but she couldn't read anything on it and had no idea who it was from. Anyways it really came and holy fuck is it small. It immediately made me regret putting my 1080ti that I bought for this on water because this just took to long to come. There are definitely some fitting issues and frankly the paint is pretty terrible in some spots, but I am not at all disappointed. We signed up to be the first run of these and for batch 1 they are great. The panels didn't line up quite right once I had the thing stuffed with hardware but some trial and error bending got it all lined up eventually. Some quirks include the RGB remote, when you select Red, you get Green, Green gives you Blue and Blue gives you Red and because of that every other color is wrong. But again, it just adds to the experience. The pictures just don't do it justice, it is so freaking small! If your on the edge, I'd say do it and then be prepared to wait. But in the end you will have a case that no one else has. Also, pretty sure this is now the case featured in Sergi's banner :cool::cool::cool:

It really is a bummer though, I had a 7700k and a 1080ti for this but in the end it just took to long to come so it became the backup rig.

Pics!

For a size comparison and my because this took to long to come rig.

Last edited:

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Got mine today! Tracking says its still in Ukraine so I didn't quite believe my mail lady when she called and told me she had a package for me from out of the country, but she couldn't read anything on it and had no idea who it was from. Anyways it really came and holy fuck is it small. It immediately made me regret putting my 1080ti that I bought for this on water because this just took to long to come. There are definitely some fitting issues and frankly the paint is pretty terrible in some spots, but I am not at all disappointed. We signed up to be the first run of these and for batch 1 they are great. The panels didn't line up quite right once I had the thing stuffed with hardware but some trial and error bending got it all lined up eventually. Some quirks include the RGB remote, when you select Red, you get Green, Green gives you Blue and Blue gives you Red and because of that every other color is wrong. But again, it just adds to the experience. The pictures just don't do it justice, it is so freaking small! If your on the edge, I'd say do it and then be prepared to wait. But in the end you will have a case that no one else has. Also, pretty sure this is now the case featured in Sergi's banner :cool::cool::cool:

It really is a bummer though, I had a 7700k and a 1080ti for this but in the end it just took to long to come so it became the backup rig.

Pics!

For a size comparison and my because this took to long to come rig.
We do not install this backlight any more. In the new version, the design has become stiffer. Magnets are now placed only on transparent covers made of acrylic

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
We do not install this backlight any more. In the new version, the design has become stiffer. Magnets are now placed only on transparent covers made of acrylic
Yeah, I do wish my metal panels were screws in hind sight even though I know at some point I opt'd for magnets. But like I said, this was batch 1, I knew what I was getting. Very happy with the case! Give me some time, but I may have to buy another one down the line to take advantage of all you will learn along the way! Maybe once there is a repeat customer discount :D:D:D

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
What is the right method to install the second SSD, by the way? I know one is screwed on the case floor under the PSU.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Yeah, I do wish my metal panels were screws in hind sight even though I know at some point I opt'd for magnets. But like I said, this was batch 1, I knew what I was getting. Very happy with the case! Give me some time, but I may have to buy another one down the line to take advantage of all you will learn along the way! Maybe once there is a repeat customer discount :D:D:D
All who order again can count on a discount! You went to the victim bought a case that was not worked out until the end. I appreciate it very much!

Reactions: y.dn.a

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
What is the right method to install the second SSD, by the way? I know one is screwed on the case floor under the PSU.
In the first revision there were no special fastenings for the second disk. You can simply paste one to the other. In revisions 1.1 and 2.0 there will be special fastenings. The photo will be a little later.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
So update 1.1 and 2.0. Let's start from the front. Now you can install 2 hard disks using a special mount. Mounting removable. Also at this place you can install an 80mm fan. Further more! :cool:

Reactions: Acalanata

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
All who order again can count on a discount! You went to the victim bought a case that was not worked out until the end. I appreciate it very much!

These are the kind of things that make me a loyal customer. Now to make up reasons to buy another case ...

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
Would love to build in the MXM case if those video cards ever become readily available. Not looking to spend $600 on a GTX1060 on ebay lol.

ExtremelyLoudNinja

Chassis Packer
Mar 19, 2017
Received my case yesterday evening. Build log for #004 coming up soon (i7 7700, gtx 1070, SF450, B250 gaming pro AC & NHL9i). So far first impressions are that the design is very well thought out. Manufacturing side is average - some screws line up okay whilst others require a slight flex. But I guess that's to expect for a first iteration.

Really glad I went for fully modular PSU as I am struggling to fit even a 2.5" drive under the PSU. Motherboard and graphics card installation went okay (I had to remove PSU mount to fit M.B - I guess this was the case with all others as well).

stevey500

Trash Compacter
Feb 16, 2017
I do love this case, but I sure do have some fixing up to do to make it look nice. Maybe an evening with a grinder sander wheel should make it quick ;)

Also, my bottom panel vent holes are triangular and do not match the rest of the vents. I'm not sure if this was intentional.

Reactions: Acalanata