Concept cases "TX aio" produced by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
I really like this form factor.
I used to have a Thermaltake Core G3 which was unusual, but I really liked it (Especially modding it to take a 360mm radiator in the front).

The only issue I had was the build quality which was very flimsy.

Question for you.

What would happen if you moved the PSU above the motherboard in a horizontal mount and opened up the front with 3x120mm support?
Would this result in a larger or smaller overall volume? As it would be taller but more slender.

This would allow for 2x120mm radiator support and 360mm radiator support for full custom loops, although drive support would be significantly reduced.
Thoughts?
Unfortunately, we are not working on TX aio cases yet. All our time and money is spent on developing and improving other projects.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Just finished building in the TX2 AIO case. All in all, one of the smallest M-ATX case I've seen. Think of a shoe box for male size 11 boots, but made of aluminum artfully crafted with skyslot holes, with which I've crammed in some of the most demanding components.

Case: TX2 (or maybe TX3?) AIO
Dimensions: 11.5" x 12.2" x 6.2" (~14.25L) (292.1mm x 310mm x 157.5mm)
CPU: AMD Threadripper 2950X (16 cores PBO to 4.0 Ghz)
Motherboard: Asrock X399M Taichi
AIO Cooler: ID-COOLING ZOOMFLOW 240 + two x Noctua NF-A12x25
Ram: G-Skill Sniper X series F4-3200C16D-32GSXKB overclocked to 3400Mhz 16-18-19-36 (get new if you buy this, the new Hynix CJR dies are really good for Ryzen)
GPU: ASUS Turbo 1080ti
Storage: M.2 Samsung P961 1TB
U.2 Samsung PM983 3.84TB
U.2 Intel P3520 2TB

I'll probably do a more in-depth build log at a later date (when I'm not too spent from cable managing/redoing orientations and messing up and redoing again); right now I'm here to describe the experience of this case.

Ordering-shipment-arrival: This is just for those who're also interested (or worried) with the time logistics of such a specific case made to order. I originally inquired to order the TX2 AIO around November 2018, though I didn't get around to fully completing the purchase until January 11, 2019. @sergiiua was very responsive with update inquiries about where he was in the manufacturing process, from the metal to the painting to the shipment, though this could be because I pestered him every week or so unless he gave a date on when the next update was to be. The case shipped from him on April 18, 2019 and arrived the 27th West Coast of North America. As others have said, do be prepared to wait for the case; this ain't no Amazon Prime next day shipping.

Unboxing-building experience: The package came a soft cardboard box, wrapped in a black plastic bag, with very generous amount of Styrofoam padding and more plastic wrap. I definitely thank @sergiiua for the packaging; it was so very well packed I didn't see any way it could be damaged during shipment unless Bruce Lee wakes from his grave and one-inch punched it like a box of cereal. In fact, it was so well wrapped, that it took at least half an hour jof stabbing at the plastic bag and tape, following by more jabbing of the case wrapping. The case itself seemed to be a little bigger than the original one posted here: my freshly arrived case was 14.25L, while the original was 12L. The major change was the width which was increased to roughly 157mm instead of 140mm. I actually prefer it this way as my AIO had a little more wiggle room to bend. Also it allowed for a taller pump block with my ID-Cooling Zoomflow 240X being 53mm in height. The biggest challenge was putting in the graphics card. Lots of problems of which I'm too PTSD-ed to describe for now. But after getting it all settled in (after more than 8 hours of building), I have to say it was worth it.

Last edited:

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Hello guys,

I contacted Custom MOD about the TX1 case. He is willing to make it but said that they use a new modeling method and he can't use the old files so he would have to model the case from ground up which comes at a cost of labour, obviously. He said he would be willing to model the case free of charge if he had 5 people who would like to order the case. So I'd like to know if maybe there are people who would like to order the case. The price he told me came out to around 200$ with riser cable and shipping to Poland included (I assume all Europe should be similarly priced).

If anyone is interested, let me know :)

Reactions: Nanop and yensteel