Years ago, the SFF community waited with bated breath for the ASRock DeskMini A300. With AMD APU support, it offered a better balance than Intel chips between the CPU and GPU. This SFF Gem was the ideal Deskmini, and the SFF Network community rallied around it by creating custom 3D printed casesBIOS updates, and more.
Now, the times have changed and AMD’s AM5 platform has arrived. Again, the SFF community waited. It felt like ages but ASRocks X600 DeskMini is finally here.
Asrock was kind enough to send a sample unit to Small Form Factor Network for testing and review. No review guidance was...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2022
You can send it to here:

There is a collection for all DeskMini's
I looked and the H110 STX BIOS was on the Intel page, not the DeskMini page. Odd. (Although TBF the STX board was available separately, and I was seriously drooling over the aftermarket cases back then).

Edit: sorry for off-topic. I submitted it using the link on that site, and a Coffee Lake modBIOS too 🙃

Last edited:

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
You can get very cheep 12v -> 19v step up converters on aliexpress. I run my 19v laptop from a 12v solarsystem, no trouble at all.
You're correct, but my current setup is 12vo thanks to the X300 being fine with 12V and I was really hoping to keep it that way.
Also it seems in the last few years some more options have come into market that are a smidge smaller than when I was initially looking for my current build. So maybe it'll be fine in the end.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
You're correct, but my current setup is 12vo thanks to the X300 being fine with 12V and I was really hoping to keep it that way.
Same here :(

Also it seems in the last few years some more options have come into market that are a smidge smaller than when I was initially looking for my current build. So maybe it'll be fine in the end.
Can you tell us more about this?

Reactions: SFFMunkee

milesvw

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2022
I run my 19v laptop from a 12v solarsystem, no trouble at all.
Many factors here. If you have a 3s or 4s laptop (10.8v vs 14.4v nominal, 12.6 max, or 16.8 max). Also how low of a voltage the laptop charger needs to keep functioning. If it's a 2v gap and a max 14v solar system a 3s laptop might be OK.

I've got a NUC8 i7 here that pulls hard, 4.5ghz all core sustained. And runs 12v. And the BIOS will not let me put a GPU on the M.2 slot 😢. It's always something. (I'd love a belt mounted AR/VR gaming rig with Switch Joycons and my RX6400 or better, but now I have the hassle of Thunderbolt and another hot chip).

I'm still waiting for the x4 x8 and x16 to MXM card adapters to get reasonable. The x1 are $20, the x16 are $100 and nothing in between. MXM cards take 19v