News Asetek 645LT for the SFF community!

SFF Forum, thank you for being patient with me!

It's finally time. We are launching the successor of the 545LC.
It will be called the 645LT and will be shipping via Overclockers UK and SFF Labs.

Overclockers UK should have stock, as I have been informed, by early April with SFF Labs following later.

UPDATED POINTS OF PURCHASE:

• OverclockersUK
  • Caseking.de
  • Sliger Cases
  • w360mod
An updated list should also be available here, at most times: https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthus...gdiy/cpu-cooling/small-form-factor-cpu-cooler

We have been working with Daniel from DAN Case on which changes to implement. At the same time we've tried to implement as many of his requests as we could. And I'd say we've done a pretty good job.

What changes is the 645LT bringing then?
  • Asetek Generation 6 pump
  • Noise reduction foam in the pump cap
  • 90 degree angled bends on the hex
  • Slightly longer tubes to ease installation
we've kept the original non-sleeved tubing due to requests from the community.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me here, PM, email or Twitter.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Much love,

Asetek Dennis

Last edited:

ulph

Case Bender
Aug 12, 2019
Could be air in the pump. Try flipping the case so the rad is on top and shake it to get the air out. Leave it running for a while upside-down and see if it gets any quieter.

Tried that and no change unfortunately. It would be interesting to compare. I will upload a video exemplifying the noise

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Is this Asetek 645LT AIO in stock anywhere? Looking for one delivery to Australia.
My best bets would be Overclockers UK, Caseking.de or SFFLabs. If none of these do, please do contact me and I will see what I can do :)

Tried that and no change unfortunately. It would be interesting to compare. I will upload a video exemplifying the noise
I would love to see/hear the video on your noise. Should be relatively easily discernable what the issue is :)

cardinaL

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019

Well, is has been a while since I wrote last time.. and still I have troubles to get the pump to acceptable noise levels. Also, I tried to flip the case up side down in order to remove potential air inside the rad. I even switched my mainboard from Asus to Asrock and still same issues..

@Ulp we seem to have the same problem.. did you get any further with this?

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Well, is has been a while since I wrote last time.. and still I have troubles to get the pump to acceptable noise levels. Also, I tried to flip the case up side down in order to remove potential air inside the rad. I even switched my mainboard from Asus to Asrock and still same issues..

@Ulp we seem to have the same problem.. did you get any further with this?

It's very hard to judge without some sort of audio representation.
There will always be a little risk of air getting trapped in the pump in the Dan Cases A4, due to the radiator being lower than the pump. That being said, it shouldn't be something that is audible 1m away - unless you're overly sensitive ;)

I'd be happy to give anything a listen and help as much as I can :)

cardinaL

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019
It's very hard to judge without some sort of audio representation.
There will always be a little risk of air getting trapped in the pump in the Dan Cases A4, due to the radiator being lower than the pump. That being said, it shouldn't be something that is audible 1m away - unless you're overly sensitive

I'd be happy to give anything a listen and help as much as I can

Hi Dennis,

I uploaded a sound sample on the 24th of may in this thread and you actually replied on that :) I really do consider to RMA my AIO as I doubt that my device is working properly. It is literally ramping up to berserk mode when starting games.. I have no explanation

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hi Dennis,

I uploaded a sound sample on the 24th of may in this thread and you actually replied on that I really do consider to RMA my AIO as I doubt that my device is working properly. It is literally ramping up to berserk mode when starting games.. I have no explanation

Sorry cardinaL - so many forums, so many replies... And I'm getting old :p
I'd definitely RMA it if I were you. This AIO is a little tricky due to it's primary use case being "out of spec" for liquid coolers (pump at the highest point in the loop). But you definitely shouldn't hear rampant noises when playing games ;)

Also, if you've connected it to the AIO header on the motherboard - you're in for a World of trouble. I don't know who came up with the "brilliant" idea of calling that port for AIO, because all it does is slow down pumps which, especially in SFF (even more so the Dan Cases A4), is a bad thing. Why? Because less flow = bigger risk of air pockets forming.

Hope this helps you :)

D

Deleted member 14114

Hi, I've recieved my 645LT. After installing it in Dan A4 temperatures are fine with a 2600X.
What's the perfect RPM for this pump?

I own an Asus B450I Strix and connected the AIO to the AIO header. AI Suite 3 tells me the pump has about 5600 rpm, which would be double the normal speed of the pump which is 2800. So I think I have no super but a mainboard which doubles the number...
At this full speed, I can hear a little bit of rattling, maybe some air bubbles. Annoying. If I slow down just a little bit, this sound is away. If I slow further down, the pump gets very silent. Minimum speed is like 60% and 3800 rpm (in real 1900 rpm I think).

Does anyone know more about the pump and minimum RPM so the pump delivers the needed waterflow? Any idea why it doubles the shown RPM?

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hi, I've recieved my 645LT. After installing it in Dan A4 temperatures are fine with a 2600X.
What's the perfect RPM for this pump?

I own an Asus B450I Strix and connected the AIO to the AIO header. AI Suite 3 tells me the pump has about 5600 rpm, which would be double the normal speed of the pump which is 2800. So I think I have no super but a mainboard which doubles the number...
At this full speed, I can hear a little bit of rattling, maybe some air bubbles. Annoying. If I slow down just a little bit, this sound is away. If I slow further down, the pump gets very silent. Minimum speed is like 60% and 3800 rpm (in real 1900 rpm I think).

Does anyone know more about the pump and minimum RPM so the pump delivers the needed waterflow? Any idea why it doubles the shown RPM?
I would always suggest connecting to CPU_FAN. In your case it definitely reports twice the actual speed. There's no danger in slowing the pump a little, but you can potentially get a little lower performance :)

The PCB in the pump is actually made to be run at a fixed 2800RPM speed. Once again, though, as long as temps are in line, don't worry about the speed (if it's lower).

The doubling of the shown RPM has to do with different pumps sending different signals, and motherboards cannot translate that ;)

Reactions: xSDMx

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
How well will the 645LT cool the 9700k in a Sliger 560 case?
That'll depend entirely on how it's mounted, what fans are used and overall "clutter" in the case.

Having said that, I don't see it having any issues cooling the 9700K in a Sliger 560 :)
Just remember that opposed to popular opinion, an Asetek AIO is designed to have its mounting screws fastened all the way down, and not just "finger tight" as some reviewers would have you believe. Fastening it proper will lead to much better thermal performance, and we continuously work with AMD and Intel to make sure we have appropriate pressure on the CPU :)

Reactions: NinoPecorino

thematic

Efficiency Noob
Nov 2, 2019
My best bets would be Overclockers UK, Caseking.de or SFFLabs. If none of these do, please do contact me and I will see what I can do :)

I would love to see/hear the video on your noise. Should be relatively easily discernable what the issue is :)

none of those websites deliver to Asia/my place
is there any other way to buy Asetek 645LT?

Thanks!

Releend

What's an ITX?
Nov 3, 2019
Hello i have a question has anyone a instalation guide i didnt become 1 with the cooler i know gerneral instalation but where is the ring for ?
i thought that it was a locking ring but it wont fit or i do something wrong
its the 115x set
gretings and thankx Releend

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
none of those websites deliver to Asia/my place
is there any other way to buy Asetek 645LT?

Thanks!

We're working on several initiatives to better be able to deliver to Asia. One is retailing the 645LT on our own website and we're also working with other companies to make availability in Asia easier :)

Hello i have a question has anyone a instalation guide i didnt become 1 with the cooler i know gerneral instalation but where is the ring for ?
i thought that it was a locking ring but it wont fit or i do something wrong
its the 115x set
gretings and thankx Releend

The plastic ring is actually a leftover from our last generation cooler. It is not needed for the 645LT. Apologies for the lack of clarity on that :)

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
I got my 645LT installed this past weekend... and man... So much better cooling compared to L9i that I had with the 2 bottom case fans in the A4. Great product @AseDen

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
I would always suggest connecting to CPU_FAN. In your case it definitely reports twice the actual speed. There's no danger in slowing the pump a little, but you can potentially get a little lower performance :)

The PCB in the pump is actually made to be run at a fixed 2800RPM speed. Once again, though, as long as temps are in line, don't worry about the speed (if it's lower).

The doubling of the shown RPM has to do with different pumps sending different signals, and motherboards cannot translate that ;)

Hey @AseDen . So you recommend connecting to CPU_FAN instead of CPU__OPT/W_PUMP?

Right now on my ASRock Z390-itx/ac, I have the rad fan connected to the CPU_FAN header and the pump connected to the CPU_OPT/W_PUMP header. If I choose W_PUMP in BIOS, I have some extra settings to set AUTO/ DC Power/ PWM and then FULL SPEED/ SILENT/PERFORMANCE, etc.

But when I boot into BIOS, it shows it at ~5600 RPM for CPU_OPT/W_PUMP. In Phantom Gaming SW in Win10, I can control that value based on the fan curve. So if I go 100% at all temps that means it should be sending a full +12VDC to the pump, right? If so then my value of 5600 is just doubled as others have mentioned previously.

What is your recommended setup for pump and rad fan connectors (to which headers) and for fan curves? 100%? I can certainly go test different conditions, but if you already have some data, I'd gladly follow the experts!!! ?
  • Pump connection -> xxx header
  • Radiator fan connection -> xxx header
  • Pump fan curve -> 100%?
  • Radiator fan curve -> ???

Last edited: