News New Asetek SFF Solution

Hi SFF Forum users,

As many of you in the SFF community might have noticed over the recent months we, at Asetek, has EOL'ed the 545LC. Sorry! :(
We know that this has been very popular in the SFF community, and that it's ideal for the Dan Case A4.

I want to share some great news with you. We've been working with Daniel and listening what has been said in the online SFF community, to provide a new solution for users of the Dan Case A4, and other highly space restrained builds.

At this point I cannot disclose too much about the product, but I can tell you that there will be an upgrade to our Gen6 pump, meaning better performance. We're also working on a couple of really cool things, that might make life easier on the DIY SFF builders.

Release is still TBD, but you can expect an update soon!

/Dennis @ Asetek

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
First of all, I appreciate your thoughts. Great to have relevant and constructive feedback. Kudos!

I will do some research into copper radiators. The real issue here is the very limited space in the Dan Case. We've done some testing already and what we've mostly found is, that copper makes the most sense at low RPM. However, that's not to say it should be dismissed! I will see what I can find on this specific case. But as with all things, and I'm sure you can appreciate this, there will have to be a business case to be made :)

The issue with the mounting in the A4 is something we've debated internally as well. We're well aware that our products, in a best case scenario, never should be mounted with the pump as the highest point - it simply isn't designed that way. Maybe Daniel could invert part of the internal case layout (GPU + PSU) that would (I think) make room for the AIO on top, and thus mitigate this issue.
As for making our loops refillable, that is something that's way above my paygrade - I can bring it up, but naturally I can't make any promises :)

Why having the pump on top is an issue? So long as there is no air in the loop there shouldnt be a problem,right?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes you are right. As I know only some older gen Asetek solutions could have some air bubbles inside (@AseDen correct me if i am wrong), but all new solutions do not have this problem. So there is no problem using the AIO with the pump as highest point.

Reactions: AseDen

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
Why having the pump on top is an issue? So long as there is no air in the loop there shouldnt be a problem,right?

My fluid dynamics analysis days are long past but it has to do with the fact that due to immense friction the flow has to overcome inside the radiator, when the pump is on top it's basically trying to pull the liquid against both the gravity and these frictional forces. When the pump is below the radiator, gravity helps overcome the frictional forces when the fluid is returning back to the pump and it has an easier job.

Reactions: SeeFiFo

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com

You are correct, Prava.
However, these are mostly old and/or used systems, which means that there could be a little air in the systems.
Our current systems will not have any issues with the pump being higher than the radiator, due to our rigorous testing (best in the business).

Sorry if I wasn't clear on this :)

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
My wishlist :)
- G1/4 comaptible ports
- 30 mm Copper/Brass radiator

I agree with this. We need a standalone offering of a next generation quiet pump-block combo with G 1/4 ports. I had hoped to see one from Asetek, but haven't so far for some reason. Then the user can pick their own tubing, length, and radiator... Very consumer friendly for people who know what they are doing.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I agree with this. We need a standalone offering of a next generation quiet pump-block combo with G 1/4 ports. I had hoped to see one from Asetek, but haven't so far for some reason. Then the user can pick their own tubing, length, and radiator... Very consumer friendly for people who know what they are doing.
Considering the extremely niche market of this cooler and the current tool set available to Asetek I HIGHLY doubt they will go through the RND to develop a pump block unit with G1/4 since they have already said this is using a new generation pump block which does not have G1/4.

Obviously G1/4 would be great, but I think this is out of scope for this product and probably not a reasonable expectation.

Down the line I hope Asetek would implement a G1/4 compatible pump/block but lets not get ahead of ourselves here :p

Reactions: chyll2 and AseDen

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com

I believe Tazpr said it pretty well below. We've finished the RND portion of this a good while ago (most of the OEM gen 6 stuff is coming to market soon). However I will note this, and bring it up, when we have the next product development discussions :)

Considering the extremely niche market of this cooler and the current tool set available to Asetek I HIGHLY doubt they will go through the RND to develop a pump block unit with G1/4 since they have already said this is using a new generation pump block which does not have G1/4.

Obviously G1/4 would be great, but I think this is out of scope for this product and probably not a reasonable expectation.

Down the line I hope Asetek would implement a G1/4 compatible pump/block but lets not get ahead of ourselves here :p

I think you hit the nail on its head, Tazpr. Obviously this is something we'll look into - I do see some potential. But it would also mean that it'd no longer be an AIO, and that opens up to a nightmare of RMA. But I like the idea, I think it just needs a fair bit of fine tuning to get close to a scenario that we could do. :)

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
Not super relevant to this thread, but I seriously appreciate this level of engagement with the community @AseDen! You guys are doing an amazing job! Really looking forward to seeing what will become of this product! :)

Reactions: AseDen

Hub

Cable Smoosher
Sep 24, 2018
Thats great that we`ll still have that good 92m aio from asetek! Curious what changes there will be and what results we can get.

Btw I had a question maybe you can answer. Is it possible to make two radiators solution for only CPU? I mean not double radiator but two. For example one 92mm as it was one the bottom of the dan case and the second 92mm or maybe even 120mm on the GPU side (with Minitx GPU) Is it technicaly possible? Maybe with custom solution? Very interesting

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Thats great that we`ll still have that good 92m aio from asetek! Curious what changes there will be and what results we can get.

Btw I had a question maybe you can answer. Is it possible to make two radiators solution for only CPU? I mean not double radiator but two. For example one 92mm as it was one the bottom of the dan case and the second 92mm or maybe even 120mm on the GPU side (with Minitx GPU) Is it technicaly possible? Maybe with custom solution? Very interesting

Hi Hub :)

Among the changes I can mention is an upgrade from the current gen 4.5 pump, to generation 6. This means better flow, and lower noise :)
The rest will be coming soon. Performance will be similar, but better, than the current 545LC.

As for your question; it is entirely possibly to daisy-chain radiators, even when there's only one object to cool. Having the water run through several radiators will only mean that the first one cools as much as possible, and the next one cools the water closer to room temperature, before heading back to the heat source (CPU) and it rinses and repeats :)

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Thanks for the open dialog @AseDen, the community really appreciates a direct connection with venders.
Personally I would like to know the thermal limitations of the Asetek 585LX. I've got a pair of 130W TDP Xeons in a Cerberus X that are doing fine on Noctua coolers, but would like to shift over to a dual CPU block AIO or moduler CLC.

Eagerly awaiting to hear more on a potential 545LC successor!

Last edited:

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Thanks for the open dialog @AseDen, the community really appreciates a direct connection with venders.
Personally I would like to know the thermal limitations of the Asetek 585LX. I've got a pair of 130W TDP Xeons in a Cerberus X that are doing fine on Noctua coolers, but would like to shift over to a dual CPU block AIO or moduler CLC.

Eagerly awaiting to hear more on a potential 545LC successor!

I will see what I can find. Admittedly I don't have any 585LXs around, but I might be able to find data somewhere :)

And I appreciate the open dialog, as well. It's an amazing opportunity.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
it's for the new version. Asetek clarified on /r/sffpc

late EDIT: got new info: there might be a small batch of the old one first ,_, (see comment below)

It would appear (according to Daniel himself), that SFF Labs got a small order of old 545LCs.
Meaning these pre-orders are NOT new version.

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Asetek also did a couple of those but I think they were specifically for OEM computers.

This one is particularly interesting with the radiator sharing dual blocks for two CPUs

A dual solution for one GPU and CPU could be done or at least be extended with a custom loop.
A 240mm radiator with two pump/blocks would be great for SFF setups that have the GPU in the traditional PCIE slot instead of having using a riser cable. I'm not sure how easy / difficult it would be to have the block work for most graphic cards without using a third party item such as the NZXT G10 / G12 or the Corsair HG10. Examples of cases would be Ncase M1, Cerberus, Cerberus X, Define Nano S, NZXT Manta / H200, Phanteks Evolv ITX, etc. Yes some of those cases are over 20L, but still very popular.

Drnrcr

Caliper Novice
Jan 1, 2019
I will be eagerly waiting for the new version. I preordered one from Sff but due to me being in Canada it was cancelled. Needless to to say i look forward to the updates. Waiting to change my other case to the Dan case. Love the smaller footprint. Thank you for keeping the community involved and updated.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Really appreciate the engagement @AseDen as others have said for me the ideal product is a pump/cpu block with G1/4 fittings on the side.

Perhaps not instead off the discussed offering but as well as?

I can the use my own tubing and rad as needed for the build.