News New Asetek SFF Solution

Hi SFF Forum users,

As many of you in the SFF community might have noticed over the recent months we, at Asetek, has EOL'ed the 545LC. Sorry! :(
We know that this has been very popular in the SFF community, and that it's ideal for the Dan Case A4.

I want to share some great news with you. We've been working with Daniel and listening what has been said in the online SFF community, to provide a new solution for users of the Dan Case A4, and other highly space restrained builds.

At this point I cannot disclose too much about the product, but I can tell you that there will be an upgrade to our Gen6 pump, meaning better performance. We're also working on a couple of really cool things, that might make life easier on the DIY SFF builders.

Release is still TBD, but you can expect an update soon!

/Dennis @ Asetek

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hi there DFK,

We're all tinkerers here ;)
So the pump RPM on 645LT is 2800RPM. Now seeing as you're referencing Gen4, I suspect you're using an older version?
Typically our pumps run on 2800RPM - unless something else has been specifically requested. An older version, may run 3000 RPM, tough.

If you could provide me some more insights into your product, I'd be happy to find some information for you :)

Best,
Dennis

Reactions: NinoPecorino

DFK

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 27, 2020
Hi there DFK,

We're all tinkerers here ;)
So the pump RPM on 645LT is 2800RPM. Now seeing as you're referencing Gen4, I suspect you're using an older version?
Typically our pumps run on 2800RPM - unless something else has been specifically requested. An older version, may run 3000 RPM, tough.

If you could provide me some more insights into your product, I'd be happy to find some information for you :)

Best,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much for your reply even if to such a late comment!

I am looking at repurposing the pump from an Asetek 591LX 360mm cooler to connect it to another radiator, and I hoped it has the same pump as the eol's 545LC. The only reviews I found are from Hardware Asylum and Think Computer and they only mention the 591LX as Gen4. HWinfo reports it at 1500rpm. The only discussion on this matter I could find, on a Corsair forum, is on one hand Corsair saying the 1500rpm is the right speed, and another user arguing that that the PWM may be reading only half of the pulse info and the real speed is 3000rpm.

Lots of "ifs and whens" as to how my build will be, so this info would be very much appreciated!

P.S. And I think I do understand the implications and dangers of repurposing a pump, just wanted to have that covered.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much for your reply even if to such a late comment!

I am looking at repurposing the pump from an Asetek 591LX 360mm cooler to connect it to another radiator, and I hoped it has the same pump as the eol's 545LC. The only reviews I found are from Hardware Asylum and Think Computer and they only mention the 591LX as Gen4. HWinfo reports it at 1500rpm. The only discussion on this matter I could find, on a Corsair forum, is on one hand Corsair saying the 1500rpm is the right speed, and another user arguing that that the PWM may be reading only half of the pulse info and the real speed is 3000rpm.

Lots of "ifs and whens" as to how my build will be, so this info would be very much appreciated!

P.S. And I think I do understand the implications and dangers of repurposing a pump, just wanted to have that covered.

Hi DFK,

Absolutely my pleasure!

Sounds very interesting! If you want, I'd love to see the project you're working on :)
So the 590LX will be using the same pump as the 545LC. In our System Integrator products (those with names such as 5xx, 6xx etc) you will be able to directly deduct if they are using the same pump by looking at the initial number (however, this is NOT at direct indicator of which gen it is - necessarily, anyway).

I just inquired with our engineering deparment, and Gen4 typically runs at 3000 RPM (unless adjusted by a PCB or the PWM/Voltage control on a motherboard).

Please any questions you may have, feel free to toss them my way. Here, Twitter or whereever is easiest for you :)

DFK

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 27, 2020
Hi DFK,

Absolutely my pleasure!

Sounds very interesting! If you want, I'd love to see the project you're working on :)
So the 590LX will be using the same pump as the 545LC. In our System Integrator products (those with names such as 5xx, 6xx etc) you will be able to directly deduct if they are using the same pump by looking at the initial number (however, this is NOT at direct indicator of which gen it is - necessarily, anyway).

I just inquired with our engineering deparment, and Gen4 typically runs at 3000 RPM (unless adjusted by a PCB or the PWM/Voltage control on a motherboard).

Please any questions you may have, feel free to toss them my way. Here, Twitter or whereever is easiest for you :)

Apologies for my late reply. I am working on a paper and it's time consuming.

First of all thank you very much for your reply and information. I previously wrote to Asetek directly over the standard contact email, but my message might have reached the wrong department. You are the first to actually reply and I am truly thankful for all the effort and information you and your colleagues provided!!! Thank you so much!!!

Here is my situation with the AIO and SFF - and, oh, boy, this is going tom be a long one:

1. I currently own an 10600k and an MSI z490 Tomahawk MB, an EVGA 850P2 PSU, and a Power Color Red Devil 5700 flashed with a 5700XT bios, all housed in a mid-tower. All "big" sized. I build my PCs myself. But I also have a spare Ryzen 3600 and a 3600x.

2. I am actively looking to get a new employment (hopefully) sometimes this year and that could mean relocation either within the US (I am now in NY) or outside, but of course it will depend on the me getting a job. Anyway, I'd rather take my PC with me and a relocation with an SFF is easier. Since I am in between jobs, I am bit more concerned with finances too.

3. So, I have yet to decide if I go with an SFF factor or not. And if I go with SFF, I haven't decided between the DanA4, nCase M1 or a Sliger case. Unfortunately I looked the other day on the web and DanA4 is OOS till 2021... Alternatively, from a financial point of view a Cooler Master nr200 is also an option. Obviously Dan A4 is "backpackable", which is an enormous plus, but if I'll get a job abroad that might not be such a big plus, because I will not be able to put it in a backpack on a plane anyway. So, this is more of a one-time travel thinking and then I'd stay in one place for a while, I think.

Hence, because of these decisions (or rather indecisions) I have to make, my idea is to either:

- The simple way - refill, from the coldplate (unscrew it, drain and refill), the 3600mm Asetek 591LX that I got by pure chance - and sell it (the cooler is half empty and the fans are in a disastrous situation, I don't think I will be interested to service/resuscitate them)

- The "complicated" way, just for fun - to decide if I go DanA4, though it's OOS or a larger SFF - get either a 120mm or a 240mm (maybe copper) radiator and reuse use the pump from the Asetek to connect them, as it was done here (but using something more solid than zip-ties, I think):

Hence I am trying to find out if the pump will be able to move the water properly in such an improvised AIO and your help was very much appreciated with that RPM info.

So, I didn't start the AIO project yet, though I am slowly gathering some parts for it. But if I go that route, I would love to share my work on it:)

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Apologies for my late reply. I am working on a paper and it's time consuming.

First of all thank you very much for your reply and information. I previously wrote to Asetek directly over the standard contact email, but my message might have reached the wrong department. You are the first to actually reply and I am truly thankful for all the effort and information you and your colleagues provided!!! Thank you so much!!!

Here is my situation with the AIO and SFF - and, oh, boy, this is going tom be a long one:

1. I currently own an 10600k and an MSI z490 Tomahawk MB, an EVGA 850P2 PSU, and a Power Color Red Devil 5700 flashed with a 5700XT bios, all housed in a mid-tower. All "big" sized. I build my PCs myself. But I also have a spare Ryzen 3600 and a 3600x.

2. I am actively looking to get a new employment (hopefully) sometimes this year and that could mean relocation either within the US (I am now in NY) or outside, but of course it will depend on the me getting a job. Anyway, I'd rather take my PC with me and a relocation with an SFF is easier. Since I am in between jobs, I am bit more concerned with finances too.

3. So, I have yet to decide if I go with an SFF factor or not. And if I go with SFF, I haven't decided between the DanA4, nCase M1 or a Sliger case. Unfortunately I looked the other day on the web and DanA4 is OOS till 2021... Alternatively, from a financial point of view a Cooler Master nr200 is also an option. Obviously Dan A4 is "backpackable", which is an enormous plus, but if I'll get a job abroad that might not be such a big plus, because I will not be able to put it in a backpack on a plane anyway. So, this is more of a one-time travel thinking and then I'd stay in one place for a while, I think.

Hence, because of these decisions (or rather indecisions) I have to make, my idea is to either:

- The simple way - refill, from the coldplate (unscrew it, drain and refill), the 3600mm Asetek 591LX that I got by pure chance - and sell it (the cooler is half empty and the fans are in a disastrous situation, I don't think I will be interested to service/resuscitate them)

- The "complicated" way, just for fun - to decide if I go DanA4, though it's OOS or a larger SFF - get either a 120mm or a 240mm (maybe copper) radiator and reuse use the pump from the Asetek to connect them, as it was done here (but using something more solid than zip-ties, I think):

Hence I am trying to find out if the pump will be able to move the water properly in such an improvised AIO and your help was very much appreciated with that RPM info.

So, I didn't start the AIO project yet, though I am slowly gathering some parts for it. But if I go that route, I would love to share my work on it:)
That sounds pretty darn epic, mate!
I'd love to hear more about it as you progress and see what it turns into!

Also, by all means, feel free to contact me with anything you believe I can assist with in this project. Happy to help.