News Asetek 645LT for the SFF community!

SFF Forum, thank you for being patient with me!

It's finally time. We are launching the successor of the 545LC.
It will be called the 645LT and will be shipping via Overclockers UK and SFF Labs.

Overclockers UK should have stock, as I have been informed, by early April with SFF Labs following later.

UPDATED POINTS OF PURCHASE:

• OverclockersUK
  • Caseking.de
  • Sliger Cases
  • w360mod
An updated list should also be available here, at most times: https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthus...gdiy/cpu-cooling/small-form-factor-cpu-cooler

We have been working with Daniel from DAN Case on which changes to implement. At the same time we've tried to implement as many of his requests as we could. And I'd say we've done a pretty good job.

What changes is the 645LT bringing then?
  • Asetek Generation 6 pump
  • Noise reduction foam in the pump cap
  • 90 degree angled bends on the hex
  • Slightly longer tubes to ease installation
we've kept the original non-sleeved tubing due to requests from the community.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me here, PM, email or Twitter.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Much love,

Asetek Dennis

Last edited:

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
What is the normal lifespan of a cooler like this?

I saw a teardown of a Gen6 Asetek pump and the new impeller looks like it should last for a long long time. However, I’m assuming that the radiator is aluminum, so with the baseplate being copper, galvanic corrosion will gunk things up eventually.

I just wanted to know if any accelerated testing had been done, or if anyone had experience with older AIOs to know how long this would last before needing to be replaced?

J-R

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2019
Anyone got the asetek 645LT already? can someone confirm if you can install taller ram sticks and tuck it below instead of the common top config? 645 have a longer tube than 545. No one has a clear answer yet if it can go on the bottom of the ram stick and not above it. only reason i would like to upgrade from 545, would like to see some rgb ram on my a4 sfx. Someone mention the fitting on the radiator rotates 360 degrees? so we can change the orientation of the radiator from the usual? @AseDen could you please confirm? Thanks!

Last edited:

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Why can't you supply it through Caseking from EU , it's Sister Website of OCUK and they ship in more countries.
I'm also in need of this Product and I will have to pay it 40 dollars more Due to Taxes applied if I buy it from SFFLAB

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
What is the normal lifespan of a cooler like this?

I saw a teardown of a Gen6 Asetek pump and the new impeller looks like it should last for a long long time. However, I’m assuming that the radiator is aluminum, so with the baseplate being copper, galvanic corrosion will gunk things up eventually.

I just wanted to know if any accelerated testing had been done, or if anyone had experience with older AIOs to know how long this would last before needing to be replaced?

The new impeller is definitely of a quite different variety than the one used on Gen 4 (and 4.5).
Radiator is still aluminum, and coldplate pure, high-grade, copper. We do rigorouos and extensive accelareted testing. With varying temperatures, use-cases etc.
The 645LT is rated for a 5 year minimum life-span (8 hours a day) - the limiter here, being permeation over time.

I do not mean overall dimensions. I asked about the square of the radiator fins.

I'm currently at our offices in the US. Will see if we have a unit around, that can be measured :)

Anyone got the asetek 645LT already? can someone confirm if you can install taller ram sticks and tuck it below instead of the common top config? 645 have a longer tube than 545. No one has a clear answer yet if it can go on the bottom of the ram stick and not above it. only reason i would like to upgrade from 545, would like to see some rgb ram on my a4 sfx. Someone mention the fitting on the radiator rotates 360 degrees? so we can change the orientation of the radiator from the usual? @AseDen could you please confirm? Thanks!

The fittings on the radiator are fully rotatable, yes.

Why can't you supply it through Caseking from EU , it's Sister Website of OCUK and they ship in more countries.
I'm also in need of this Product and I will have to pay it 40 dollars more Due to Taxes applied if I buy it from SFFLAB

We're not at all opposed to having Caseking retail the product. Honestly we'd love to. But it requires them buying stock from us :)
I will make sure to tell our EMEA sales rep about this, and see if he can reach out to Caseking directly.

Cyruz

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2019
I already ordered per ocuk and now wait until on stock, but one question
Is it possible to moint the pump with a low noise adapter to reduce pump speed ( noise) ? Or should i leave it all times on max power? Reduced lifespan and so on?

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
I already ordered per ocuk and now wait until on stock, but one question
Is it possible to moint the pump with a low noise adapter to reduce pump speed ( noise) ? Or should i leave it all times on max power? Reduced lifespan and so on?

Hi Cyruz,

I have not tried this and thus don't have any data to support it...

BUT...

I imagine that it would work just fine with a low noise adapter - depending on the way it functions. There's no PWM control on the circuit board in the 645LT, so it would have to somehow be voltage regulated (at least to my knowledge).
To my knowledge it should not limit the lifespan of the product. The Gen6 pump (which is in 645LT) can also be made to run with variable speeds (we do that in some OEM products) and thus, it should be able to cope with lower RPMs. Performance wise, you'd probably see a slight increase in temperatures - depending on how many RPM it'll be running :)

I hope this makes sense :)

Reactions: xSDMx

Cyruz

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2019
Thx for reply.
I tested yesterday with and without low noise adapter from noctua works so far.
Temperatures are fine so far, but intense testing is in the future when my a4 comes to me.

I ask because my mb reportet 5400rpm or 5200 , when i‘m throttle to 7v it reports 2200-2500 i think thats ok.
Maybe for your info in next gen a temp sensor will be fine, internal or as upgrade version maybe ( a 2 pin header that has a build in sensor where you can plug a adapter cable for an mainboard 2 pin header. So you can read out temperature and maybe so you can use bios fan source to external sensor. ( depends on mainboard or fan controller)

In my old build there was a corsair with gen6 ( h150i) and i use 2500rpm and it was fine.
But i can say i‘m very impressed about the power and silence from the 645lt
Good choice for a a4 build

One question is there a temp limit from the liquid? In the past i read anywhere 60 degree is maximum. I know 60is max but i think 40will be ok.
( i attached a Tempsensor on the tube outside , and plug it in my mainboard for readout. So i can throttle my fan to a lower speed and make fanspeed adjustment dependent on water Temp)

Last edited:
Reactions: AseDen

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Thx for reply.
I tested yesterday with and without low noise adapter from noctua works so far.
Temperatures are fine so far, but intense testing is in the future when my a4 comes to me.

I ask because my mb reportet 5400rpm or 5200 , when i‘m throttle to 7v it reports 2200-2500 i think thats ok.
Maybe for your info in next gen a temp sensor will be fine, internal or as upgrade version maybe ( a 2 pin header that has a build in sensor where you can plug a adapter cable for an mainboard 2 pin header. So you can read out temperature and maybe so you can use bios fan source to external sensor. ( depends on mainboard or fan controller)

In my old build there was a corsair with gen6 ( h150i) and i use 2500rpm and it was fine.
But i can say i‘m very impressed about the power and silence from the 645lt
Good choice for a a4 build

One question is there a temp limit from the liquid? In the past i read anywhere 60 degree is maximum. I know 60is max but i think 40will be ok.
( i attached a Tempsensor on the tube outside , and plug it in my mainboard for readout. So i can throttle my fan to a lower speed and make fanspeed adjustment dependent on water Temp)

So the readouts to the Motherboards tend to be wrong. The 645LT runs at an operating speed of 2800 RPM at full speed. The reason this happens, I'm not quite clear of, but it seems to happen with almost every motherboard - so there might be some difference in the way that our pump speed is read versus a fan speed.

That being said, as long as temps are fine, using adapters to lessen speed, is obviously a good route to go, if you feel like there's too much noise from the pump :)

I'm thrilled that you like the power and silence of the 645LT. We've been looking at it from as many angles as possible, and personally I find it to be quite wonderful :)

The temp-sensor idea is something that I will keep in mind. I don't know the cost and/or design implications - but it has been noted.

The recommended maximum operating temperature is indeed 60C. Beyond this point, there will be increased fluid and unit degredation - not to say that the unit will outright fail if it's pushed above this threshold. We just cannot guarantee the longevity.
Running at 40C is absolutely fine. So would 50 or 55 be :)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

/Dennis

Florens

Chassis Packer
Jan 9, 2019
So what's the fan connector situation with this cooler? Does it needs two motherboards PWM connectors for the pump and the fan?

cardinaL

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019
So the readouts to the Motherboards tend to be wrong. The 645LT runs at an operating speed of 2800 RPM at full speed. The reason this happens, I'm not quite clear of, but it seems to happen with almost every motherboard - so there might be some difference in the way that our pump speed is read versus a fan speed.

That being said, as long as temps are fine, using adapters to lessen speed, is obviously a good route to go, if you feel like there's too much noise from the pump :)

I'm thrilled that you like the power and silence of the 645LT. We've been looking at it from as many angles as possible, and personally I find it to be quite wonderful :)

The temp-sensor idea is something that I will keep in mind. I don't know the cost and/or design implications - but it has been noted.

The recommended maximum operating temperature is indeed 60C. Beyond this point, there will be increased fluid and unit degredation - not to say that the unit will outright fail if it's pushed above this threshold. We just cannot guarantee the longevity.
Running at 40C is absolutely fine. So would 50 or 55 be :)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

/Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I was looking for a statement that is pretty close to what you and Cyruz were discussing. I just installed my Asetek 645lt and I was thrilled about potential temps and nois improvements! However, since I started my pc I am very confused/irritadet about the noise level of the pump as it is WAY louder than I would have expected it to be. Right now I am wondering wether I did something wrong, the product might be faulty right or its just how loud it is. Taking you discussion with Cyruz into account, it seems that it actually should not be as loud, though..

It remains at this noise level no matter the pc is idling or while gaming.. the Pump is producing a very piercing sound.

Is there any advice you could share ?

iinfamousaznn

Cable Smoosher
May 3, 2019
Hi Dennis,

I was looking for a statement that is pretty close to what you and Cyruz were discussing. I just installed my Asetek 645lt and I was thrilled about potential temps and nois improvements! However, since I started my pc I am very confused/irritadet about the noise level of the pump as it is WAY louder than I would have expected it to be. Right now I am wondering wether I did something wrong, the product might be faulty right or its just how loud it is. Taking you discussion with Cyruz into account, it seems that it actually should not be as loud, though..

It remains at this noise level no matter the pc is idling or while gaming.. the Pump is producing a very piercing sound.

Is there any advice you could share ?

Since the fan speeds are set in the BIOS of your motherboard, have you gotten a chance to look at the RPM's? Also the rad shouldn't be making any noise, it would be from the fan.