Cooling Asetek 645LT and more (FAQ / AMA)

gpaint45

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2020
Hi there Gpaint!

Honest opinions.. That's my thing! ;)
So there is a direct correlation between size of the rad and performance.
Furthermore a larger 120mm fan will quite often be able to move more air than a 92mm.

Now, I've heard of people using the 645LT in a system like yours, with decent results. Especially if you can manage to cram something like a Noctua NF-A9x25 onto the radiator. If you are in it for optimal performance both thermally and acoustically, I'd suggest getting a 120mm with a 25mm thick fan on it.

I hope this provides some clarification - otherwise I'm always happy to help :)
Thanks for this info! Is the 645LT fan orientation better in a PUSH (outtake) orientation versus a PULL (intake) configuration? Changed my mind to using the Lazer3D LZ7 case for it's versatility & large intake chassis fan.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Thanks for this info! Is the 645LT fan orientation better in a PUSH (outtake) orientation versus a PULL (intake) configuration? Changed my mind to using the Lazer3D LZ7 case for it's versatility & large intake chassis fan.

For CPU temps you will be able to get better performance by having it as intake.

GioB

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 13, 2020
Hi!

I wand to build a sff in a nr200p with the 645lt

only i want to use a ryzen 7 5800x
Wil this set cool it good?

would pushpull help it cool beter?

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Hi!

I wand to build a sff in a nr200p with the 645lt

only i want to use a ryzen 7 5800x
Wil this set cool it good?

would pushpull help it cool beter?
Umm... You can go with a 120mm AIO and it'll deliver better performance.

Corsair H60 for $44.99 after $20 rebate:
EK-AIO for some of that spicy RGB and good performance:

Last edited:

GioB

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 13, 2020
Umm... You can go with a 120mm AIO and it'll deliver better performance.

Corsair H60 for $44.99 after $20 rebate:
EK-AIO for some of that spicy RGB and good performance:
Yeah buth i would love to fit the rad at the back of the case... and this wont be possible with a 120mm rad i tought?!

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
You think it wil cool a ryzen 7 5800x?
Well I suppose the TDP is the same as the 3000-series, and I've never had issues running those chips.
So without having dealt with the 5000-series yet, I'd dare to say that it should be fine. You may want to tune the CPU settings in the BIOS as Ryzen CPUs (in general) tend to go a little wacky with power consumption at times. But heck, I even do that on my 280mm rad, so anyone could/should really :)