News New Asetek SFF Solution

Hi SFF Forum users,

As many of you in the SFF community might have noticed over the recent months we, at Asetek, has EOL'ed the 545LC. Sorry! :(
We know that this has been very popular in the SFF community, and that it's ideal for the Dan Case A4.

I want to share some great news with you. We've been working with Daniel and listening what has been said in the online SFF community, to provide a new solution for users of the Dan Case A4, and other highly space restrained builds.

At this point I cannot disclose too much about the product, but I can tell you that there will be an upgrade to our Gen6 pump, meaning better performance. We're also working on a couple of really cool things, that might make life easier on the DIY SFF builders.

Release is still TBD, but you can expect an update soon!

/Dennis @ Asetek

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
I will be eagerly waiting for the new version. I preordered one from Sff but due to me being in Canada it was cancelled. Needless to to say i look forward to the updates. Waiting to change my other case to the Dan case. Love the smaller footprint. Thank you for keeping the community involved and updated.

Man! That blows. Hopefully we'll make sure you can get the new one anyway ;) I can tell you the one they put up, was the old one anyway... So, maybe it was a good thing ;)

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Really appreciate the engagement @AseDen as others have said for me the ideal product is a pump/cpu block with G1/4 fittings on the side.

Perhaps not instead off the discussed offering but as well as?

I can the use my own tubing and rad as needed for the build.

I believe the current reasoning for us has to do with flow. But honestly, I'm not an engineer :p
I'll keep this in mind, though, for future developments. It might be worth taking a look at :)

Also, thank you for the kind words. The community should never be underestimated, be it large or small, like the SFF community (Pun intended!)

Drnrcr

Caliper Novice
Jan 1, 2019
Man! That blows. Hopefully we'll make sure you can get the new one anyway ;) I can tell you the one they put up, was the old one anyway... So, maybe it was a good thing ;)

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Its all good about the cooler.. Im sure if they could ship it they would. Big fan of Sff Labs. Plus its a blessing in disguise to have to wait for the new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: AseDen

Varolv

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 8, 2019
Hi @AseDen, you must get this a lot but any news on a release? Or a date for a pre-order?

How does the new pump compare to a standard DDC pump (typical in custom solutions) with the theoretical specs of 1000 liters per minute and 7m head pressure? (EK DDC 3.25 PWM)

Besides that I would just like you to know Id gladly pay premium for copper for a few degrees of performance. (You would obviously have to test difference in temps with alu vs cu to see if its worth or na) Whats that compared to delidding and voiding a soldered cpu just for a few celcius?
I feel like a big chunk of the sff community just loves to push limits ;)

Reactions: echo_35

oviano

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 10, 2019
I too would like to know more about the proposed replacement for the 545LC. I was disappointed recently when I discovered this had been discontinued, then I thought I had got lucky as SFF LAB are selling some, so I ordered...only to be disappointed when they cancelled my order as they decided they didn't want to ship out of the US (I am in the UK).

When might I be able to buy this new model, here in the UK? Are we talking weeks or months here?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
...standalone offering of a next generation quiet pump-block combo with G 1/4 ports.

...the ideal product is a pump/cpu block with G1/4 fittings on the side.

This is what I have been looking at as of late...

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016

This combo block is very attractive looking, and I have one myself, from the Fractal Kelvin line. The problem is the DC-LT pump included, which is quite far from "extremely quiet" as alpha cool says. That's why I think there is room for, for example, Asetek to make their own offering here.

I actually disassembled this combo block, in order to put in a newer revision of their 2600rpm DC-LT pump, but never finished it. I might get back to it one day.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
This combo block is very attractive looking, and I have one myself, from the Fractal Kelvin line. The problem is the DC-LT pump included, which is quite far from "extremely quiet" as alpha cool says. That's why I think there is room for, for example, Asetek to make their own offering here.

I actually disassembled this combo block, in order to put in a newer revision of their 2600rpm DC-LT pump, but never finished it. I might get back to it one day.

It is an interesting solution...
I imagine it's a very niche market, but I will spend some energy into looking into this :) -Might be interesting

Reactions: NinoPecorino

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Good day to everyone , newbie to the forum ,

But can't prevent my self from asking , did we have any news eventually on Monday ???

rawsh

Caliper Novice
Jun 24, 2018
Really appreciate the engagement @AseDen as others have said for me the ideal product is a pump/cpu block with G1/4 fittings on the side.

Perhaps not instead off the discussed offering but as well as?

I can the use my own tubing and rad as needed for the build.

Isn't this basically the Alphacool Eisbaer Solo?
This works in the dancase with a 120mm rad (fabio's setup for example)

I wouldn't try custom tubing/rad in the 92mm slot since it's so tight, that's the benefit of 545lc/new one

DFK

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 27, 2020
There's a thread in here and on Reddit where I talk a bit more about it. Questions are also very welcome :)

Hi @AseDen fast forward to 2020:)

I am considering "updating" such an AIO with new liquid, of out my desire for tinkering. Out of curiosity I could not find the real pump RPM. HWinfo shows 1500rpm, but I suspect only half the pulse width speed is reported. Can you help me with the gen4 pump specs, pretty please!!!???