News Asetek 645LT for the SFF community!

SFF Forum, thank you for being patient with me!

It's finally time. We are launching the successor of the 545LC.
It will be called the 645LT and will be shipping via Overclockers UK and SFF Labs.

Overclockers UK should have stock, as I have been informed, by early April with SFF Labs following later.

UPDATED POINTS OF PURCHASE:

• OverclockersUK
  • Caseking.de
  • Sliger Cases
  • w360mod
An updated list should also be available here, at most times: https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthus...gdiy/cpu-cooling/small-form-factor-cpu-cooler

We have been working with Daniel from DAN Case on which changes to implement. At the same time we've tried to implement as many of his requests as we could. And I'd say we've done a pretty good job.

What changes is the 645LT bringing then?
  • Asetek Generation 6 pump
  • Noise reduction foam in the pump cap
  • 90 degree angled bends on the hex
  • Slightly longer tubes to ease installation
we've kept the original non-sleeved tubing due to requests from the community.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me here, PM, email or Twitter.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Much love,

Asetek Dennis

Last edited:

cardinaL

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019
Since the fan speeds are set in the BIOS of your motherboard, have you gotten a chance to look at the RPM's? Also the rad shouldn't be making any noise, it would be from the fan.

Thanks for your reply iinfamousaznn!

I just had a look at my BIOS. The pump was ramped up to 5650ish set to "Auto". I switched to DC and it dropped immediately to 3850ish... I think now the noise level is more like it should. However, it still does not feel right, tho. My temps are up from 33 to 45 celcius while idling.. and I even under volted a bit.
Whats left is a more silent (but still well noticeable), buzzy noise coming from the pump.. just not as loud anymore as it was before I set it to DC.

The fan is perfectly fine and the noise is definitely coming from the pump..

It feels like having it a decent noise level is at a high cost (12ish degrees).

Is it just me being way to picky and expecting to much from the product or am I just missing out on something?!

Cyruz

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2019
Maybe shake your case a little bit or turn it to all sites, mostly when aios makes noise then air bubbles is the reason.

Next week my 645 comes in my a4, on the testbench it was ok with 7v adapter and without.
Maybe the sound comes from a pwm controller from your board, have you set manual dc in bios for pump header?

To late XD

To temperatures i saw with lower pump pwm the same issue.
I test next week with a temp sensor on the outside of the fitting/tube

Have your radiator fresh air from outside?
( pull through radi from outside? )

Last edited:

cardinaL

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019
Maybe shake your case a little bit or turn it to all sites, mostly when aios makes noise then air bubbles is the reason.

Next week my 645 comes in my a4, on the testbench it was ok with 7v adapter and without.
Maybe the sound comes from a pwm controller from your board, have you set manual dc in bios for pump header?

To late XD

To temperatures i saw with lower pump pwm the same issue.
I test next week with a temp sensor on the outside of the fitting/tube

Have your radiator fresh air from outside?
( pull through radi from outside? )

Hi Cyruz

I am waiting for my a4 as well :p Its coming mid June, though ?

Actually, in my BIOS AIO pump control was turned off.. I then put it to DC and afterwards to Auto (no difference between auto and DC).

However, I made some few tweaks at the fans which are no compensating lower pump RPM.. Now it es much better - not perfect though. I think I will need few more hours in order to find the right set up but eventually I will get there I guess.. but please let me know as soon as you got your a4 and your testings done.. I am wondering what your results will be like ?

PS. Radiator receives fresh air, yes!

cardinaL

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019
I would like to add that when I start a game (in this case it was CSGO) the pump went crazy again with shrieking noises.. I dont get it ?

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
I would like to add that when I start a game (in this case it was CSGO) the pump went crazy again with shrieking noises.. I dont get it ?
What motherboard do you have? It sounds like whatever mode you left it on (dc or auto), there’s an rpm curve that will boost the speed as the cpu gets warmer. Likely you can set a curve to be more conservative with the pump speed as temperatures rise

cardinaL

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019
What motherboard do you have? It sounds like whatever mode you left it on (dc or auto), there’s an rpm curve that will boost the speed as the cpu gets warmer. Likely you can set a curve to be more conservative with the pump speed as temperatures rise

I have the ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I .. It seems the pump goes straight to 100% RPM while making shrieking noises as soon a game arrives the start screen.

For instance, right now, I have a game in windowed mode and as long as I am writing here the pump is at a okay noise level. But when I go back to the game the pump starts to shriek again.. I am confused ?

Cyruz

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2019
Maybe test a Molex fan adapter with the Pump ( or test without Mainboard), very strange thats the sound is changing From the pump.

Maybe you can check with hwinfo the Powerdraw from the Gpu. You say it´s not in windowed mode.
So i can imagine in windowed maybe powerdraw lower from the Gpu. Then full screen maximum Power draw and you got coil whine.

When you see a higher Power draw in hwinfo when sound is coming, reduce the max fps to reduce power draw or enable vsync in driver to reduce frames. When its gone you have a loud GPU

cardinaL

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019
Maybe test a Molex fan adapter with the Pump ( or test without Mainboard), very strange thats the sound is changing From the pump.

Maybe you can check with hwinfo the Powerdraw from the Gpu. You say it´s not in windowed mode.
So i can imagine in windowed maybe powerdraw lower from the Gpu. Then full screen maximum Power draw and you got coil whine.

When you see a higher Power draw in hwinfo when sound is coming, reduce the max fps to reduce power draw or enable vsync in driver to reduce frames. When its gone you have a loud GPU

I dont have any explanation either ?

Its happening in windowed as well as in full screen and I tested a different GPU also - same thing. I installed an air cooling just to make sure that this sound is not coming from another hardware - no noise from the remaining system when gaming - just happening with the AIO within a game ?

I am running out of trouble shooting ideas..

Cyruz

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2019
Me2 XD
Hm very strange
You have the aio on the aio port of the board? Maybe test another fan header

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
I have the ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I .. It seems the pump goes straight to 100% RPM
I don't have an asus motherboard, but the manual makes it look like you can set a fan curve in the bios via Qfan Control (F6). click the appropriate header on the left, set it to DC mode, and select manual. make it run at a static speed. the default behavior is making it increase in speed as the cpu temperature rises (which will happen once it's under load by launching or focusing on a game).

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
A little update here.

First, as you have probably noticed, the pump is not a PWM pump and is meant to run at "full speed" all the time.
But what is "full speed"?
Full speed, at correct readouts, is 2800 RPM. But as mentioned earlier, motherboards can be quirky reading these speeds!

Electrically the pump is designed to be operating at 11.4 to 12.6V

Now the noise you're talking about sounds a lot like there's a little bit of air stuck in the pump. What I would suggest is moving your case (while running) to a position where the pump is directly below (vertically) the radiator and from there slowly tilt it sideways to 45 degrees in all directions. This ought to clear out any left over bubbles in the pump and should make it run quietly.
Furthermore, if possible, could you remove the cap and doublecheck that there is in fact noise reduction foam on the inside?

Best,
Dennis

cardinaL

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019
A little update here.

First, as you have probably noticed, the pump is not a PWM pump and is meant to run at "full speed" all the time.
But what is "full speed"?
Full speed, at correct readouts, is 2800 RPM. But as mentioned earlier, motherboards can be quirky reading these speeds!

Electrically the pump is designed to be operating at 11.4 to 12.6V

Now the noise you're talking about sounds a lot like there's a little bit of air stuck in the pump. What I would suggest is moving your case (while running) to a position where the pump is directly below (vertically) the radiator and from there slowly tilt it sideways to 45 degrees in all directions. This ought to clear out any left over bubbles in the pump and should make it run quietly.
Furthermore, if possible, could you remove the cap and doublecheck that there is in fact noise reduction foam on the inside?

Best,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

thanks for your reply!

1. My mainboard definitely reads out RPMs wrongly then, since its either 3850ish (okay) or 5650ish (loud and whiny)..

2. In my opinion it does not sounds like pumps with bubbly risiduals in it as you can find in many different videos on youtube. Its more whiny and the fact that it kicks off only as soon as I switch into the game and not when pulling of a stress test within prime95, makes me believe it must not necessarily be bubble risuduals.
However I moved it as you suggested but that was not helping unfortunately.

3. I dont know if I could open the cap.. did not try yet. Also, wouldnt that void my warranty?

Sound of the pump - before you hear the click (my mouse) its idling quitely (at 35 degrees) while being on the desktop. Straight after the click (switching back into the mainscreen of the game) the noise kicks off - a little less whiny in the sound file as it is in reality, though. Anyways, maybe the sound file helps a little to find a solution..

@teodoro: I tried that.. unfortunately that did not help either ?

Thank you!

Last edited:

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hi Dennis,

thanks for your reply!

1. My mainboard definitely reads out RPMs wrongly then, since its either 3850ish (okay) or 5650ish (loud and whiny)..

2. In my opinion it does not sounds like pumps with bubbly risiduals in it as you can find in many different videos on youtube. Its more whiny and the fact that it kicks off only as soon as I switch into the game and not when pulling of a stress test within prime95, makes me believe it must not necessarily be bubble risuduals.
However I moved it as you suggested but that was not helping unfortunately.

3. I dont know if I could open the cap.. did not try yet. Also, wouldnt that void my warranty?

Sound of the pump - before you hear the click (my mouse) its idling quitely (at 35 degrees) while being on the desktop. Straight after the click (switching back into the mainscreen of the game) the noise kicks off - a little less whiny in the sound file as it is in reality, though. Anyways, maybe the sound file helps a little to find a solution..

@teodoro: I tried that.. unfortunately that did not help either ?

Thank you!

Hi cardinaL,

Sorry about the late reply. "stuck" at Computex... poor me, right? ;)

So removing the pump cap will not void your warranty (it is a simple tap mechanism, removable by hand).
What you need to do is squeeze slightly on both sides of the cap (slightly off center towards the tubes) and pull gently. Should come off quite easily.

It sounds like your AIO should be RMA'ed though. When RMA'ing please make a note that you've spoken to me and that I'd like to have a look at it, at some point during the RMA process :)

/Dennis

cardinaL

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019
Hi cardinaL,

Sorry about the late reply. "stuck" at Computex... poor me, right? ;)

So removing the pump cap will not void your warranty (it is a simple tap mechanism, removable by hand).
What you need to do is squeeze slightly on both sides of the cap (slightly off center towards the tubes) and pull gently. Should come off quite easily.

It sounds like your AIO should be RMA'ed though. When RMA'ing please make a note that you've spoken to me and that I'd like to have a look at it, at some point during the RMA process :)

/Dennis

Hi Dennis,

yeah, it must be horrible for you to be there rignt now ??

All right, will check it then (the cap).

I think I´ll wait for my a4 case and the new mainboard which comes with it. Then I will hook up everything, remove the cap, clean install Windows and check whether this issue is still a thing. In case it is, I will RMA the AIO and let them know that you want to check it out as well somewhere in the process. As I bought at OCuk would noting "Talked to Dennis at ssf.network.. he wants to check the item as well" be sufficient or would you prefer a different note? ?

Also, did you listen to the file and how the noise level changed after clicking back into the game? Pure mystery to me.. never had that problem with an AIO before.. ?

Enjoy computex!

-regards

denval

What's an ITX?
May 28, 2019
cardinaL,

I seem to have the same issue (pump noise). I have installed the AI Suite 3 (for Asus motherboards) here you can change the pump speed. When you set it to 45% the RPM will be around 2800 and the noise will be minimal.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hi Dennis,

yeah, it must be horrible for you to be there rignt now ??

All right, will check it then (the cap).

I think I´ll wait for my a4 case and the new mainboard which comes with it. Then I will hook up everything, remove the cap, clean install Windows and check whether this issue is still a thing. In case it is, I will RMA the AIO and let them know that you want to check it out as well somewhere in the process. As I bought at OCuk would noting "Talked to Dennis at ssf.network.. he wants to check the item as well" be sufficient or would you prefer a different note? ?

Also, did you listen to the file and how the noise level changed after clicking back into the game? Pure mystery to me.. never had that problem with an AIO before.. ?

Enjoy computex!

-regards
cardinaL,

Sounds cool! Let me know how things progress (also note my reply below).
You might want to include "Dennis at Asetek" - just to clarify ;)

I seem to have the same issue (pump noise). I have installed the AI Suite 3 (for Asus motherboards) here you can change the pump speed. When you set it to 45% the RPM will be around 2800 and the noise will be minimal.

Hmm... This is making me wonder...

Do you have the AIO connected to an AIO/Pump port on the MB?
It almost seems as if the ASUS motherboards are forcing the pump up in speed (maybe thinking it is another pump). Because at 2800 RPM it should be barely audible...

ulph

Case Bender
Aug 12, 2019
After having the 645 sitting in my drawer all summer I got around to installing it into my DAN a4 last night, and I am also surprised at the sound level of the pump.

The end result is something much more noisy in idle than my previous setup with the Noctua NH L9a (which was virtually inaudiable).

I expected the pump to be much quieter, but also I do not know what to compare with since this is my first AIO.

edit:

mobo in question is a biostar 350gtn.

rpm is reported as 5600-5700.

edit 2:

connecting the pump via a noctua "low noise adaptor" (a voltage divider?) I get a much more tolerable result, however still noiser than my reference blower cooler.

rpm 3700-3800 with the adaptor

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
After having the 645 sitting in my drawer all summer I got around to installing it into my DAN a4 last night, and I am also surprised at the sound level of the pump.

The end result is something much more noisy in idle than my previous setup with the Noctua NH L9a (which was virtually inaudiable).

I expected the pump to be much quieter, but also I do not know what to compare with since this is my first AIO.

edit:

mobo in question is a biostar 350gtn.

rpm is reported as 5600-5700.

edit 2:

connecting the pump via a noctua "low noise adaptor" (a voltage divider?) I get a much more tolerable result, however still noiser than my reference blower cooler.

rpm 3700-3800 with the adaptor
Could be air in the pump. Try flipping the case so the rad is on top and shake it to get the air out. Leave it running for a while upside-down and see if it gets any quieter.

Reactions: AseDen

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
I got the AIO installed , but i raised he feet of my Dan a4 and i installed the Fan below the chassis not inside the case , i did this because i believe the fan was being choked between all those cables...
You think its worse?
Should i get it back inside the case?
I dont want to go for PSlate cables as i find them to expensive especially if you order them on priority , plus my taxes they go too high.