News Asetek 645LT for the SFF community!

SFF Forum, thank you for being patient with me!

It's finally time. We are launching the successor of the 545LC.
It will be called the 645LT and will be shipping via Overclockers UK and SFF Labs.

Overclockers UK should have stock, as I have been informed, by early April with SFF Labs following later.

UPDATED POINTS OF PURCHASE:

• OverclockersUK
  • Caseking.de
  • Sliger Cases
  • w360mod
An updated list should also be available here, at most times: https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthus...gdiy/cpu-cooling/small-form-factor-cpu-cooler

We have been working with Daniel from DAN Case on which changes to implement. At the same time we've tried to implement as many of his requests as we could. And I'd say we've done a pretty good job.

What changes is the 645LT bringing then?
  • Asetek Generation 6 pump
  • Noise reduction foam in the pump cap
  • 90 degree angled bends on the hex
  • Slightly longer tubes to ease installation
we've kept the original non-sleeved tubing due to requests from the community.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me here, PM, email or Twitter.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Much love,

Asetek Dennis

Last edited:

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Time to upgrade my 545. Thx Dennis, i wonder if this could tame the oven in my A4 named 9900k?

Well, it won't tame it unleashed. I can say that much. 92mm's simply doesn't offer enough cooling to deal with those long stretch 180W situations. At least not in such an airflow restricted environment that is the A4.

However!

I did have a system running with 2080 blowerstyle + 9900K, and was quite functional. Although also hot ;)

ihenryi

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 30, 2018
Thanks this is great! Would I still need to remove my front USB cable to fit this into my dan case v2?

Reactions: AseDen

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
Hey,

Very good news. Few questions for me :

1.How hard is the cable management with your AIO on the Dan A4?

2.Is it possible to have AIO + bottom fan under motherboard on the Dan A4?

3.Which fan do you recomand to use with your AIO?

4.Is your AIO recognized by the system? Do you have a software to manage it?

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hey,

Very good news. Few questions for me :

1.How hard is the cable management with your AIO on the Dan A4?

2.Is it possible to have AIO + bottom fan under motherboard on the Dan A4?

3.Which fan do you recomand to use with your AIO?

4.Is your AIO recognized by the system? Do you have a software to manage it?

1. Depends on the person I suppose. I used the stock cables for the Corsair SFX 600... as a first time user of the DAN Case A4, it was difficult, but not at all impossible.

2. I had a 92mm mounted to the AIO + one placed under the motherboard.

3. I'd prefer not to specifically recommend any, as it depends on your personal preference and what performance you're looking for. In my test fitting I used a noctua 14mm fan + a fan grill, to help keep airflow as optimal as possible, while avoiding wires in the fan.

4. There is no software as such. I used a Strix board and controlled pump speeds + fan speeds through the BIOS.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

wolf30

Chassis Packer
Aug 28, 2018
Well, it won't tame it unleashed. I can say that much. 92mm's simply doesn't offer enough cooling to deal with those long stretch 180W situations. At least not in such an airflow restricted environment that is the A4.

However!

I did have a system running with 2080 blowerstyle + 9900K, and was quite functional. Although also hot ;)

Hi I am just wondering what is the max temp you get with 9900k? and whats your setting to tame it down?

J-R

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2019
hello, would it be possible to use taller ram sticks with the new AIO? is it long enough to go to the bottom of the board?

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
What’s the pump’s operating speed range?

I just consulted with our engineers. The pump operates at a fixed speed of 2800 rpm, which is our standard solution for system integrators :)

Hi I am just wondering what is the max temp you get with 9900k? and whats your setting to tame it down?
The max temp I could get? well I was able to thermal throttle it no issues. I haven't fiddled around with the settings too much, but with a real TDP of 95W it was keeping it well within range.
Now I haven't had the time to do extensive testing. Also runnning things like Prime will cause a lot of heat to be put into the system as well.. My experience was that it was absolutely great for gaming.

That being said, there's a bunch of different things that could be done to improve on my scenario. Better thermalpaste (I used very cheap paste, as that was what I had. Also my airflow was... erhm... less than ideal - due to the use of stock PSU cables, not using the divider and various other things).

I just want to say that doing this project was my very first time dabbling in SFFs. I've been a long time admirer, but damn this community has some dedication! I admire each and every one of you! :D

hello, would it be possible to use taller ram sticks with the new AIO? is it long enough to go to the bottom of the board?

I've just answered this in another thread, but short answer. I haven't tested. We've made the tubes longer to Daniels spec - whether that was to account for taller memory or something else, I wouldn't know.
I did hear about people making the old 545LC work with taller sticks (although I don't think it was very high profile ones).

Brian_Buckley

Trash Compacter
Sep 26, 2017
I can't find the actual dimensions listed anywhere and I'm considering this for a custom project that'd be fitting it in a pretty tight space. Can you guys put the specific dimensions on here or the product page?

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
I can't find the actual dimensions listed anywhere and I'm considering this for a custom project that'd be fitting it in a pretty tight space. Can you guys put the specific dimensions on here or the product page?

Sorry for the delayed answer - I've been levelled by the dreaded manflu!
What sort of dimensions are you looking for? All? Pump? Rad? etc :)

@AseDen Will the new version be more quiet than 545lc? And will it actually cool better? :D
The new pump should be quieter than the old one, and performance should also be slightly improved :)

Liindegod

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 3, 2019
Sorry for the delayed answer - I've been levelled by the dreaded manflu!
What sort of dimensions are you looking for? All? Pump? Rad? etc :)

The new pump should be quieter than the old one, and performance should also be slightly improved :)

Sounds awesome, cant wait to try it out :D

Brian_Buckley

Trash Compacter
Sep 26, 2017
I was looking for the total rad dimensions but later found this for the 545LC. Are the dimensions the same?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I also want to ask,

I've been designing a few chassis, and I'm wondering if Asetek also has any plans to release a 120mm AIO designed for SFF?

I'd be interested in one with much shorter, more flexible tubing and the ability for the AIO to be placed above the motherboard.

Reactions: Sashby

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
I was looking for the total rad dimensions but later found this for the 545LC. Are the dimensions the same?

The radiator is supposed to be the exact same as the old one. So these dimensions would be right.

I also want to ask,

I've been designing a few chassis, and I'm wondering if Asetek also has any plans to release a 120mm AIO designed for SFF?

I'd be interested in one with much shorter, more flexible tubing and the ability for the AIO to be placed above the motherboard.
I'd love to give you a full answer here. But the question seems to carry some understanding of potential products.
If there's a market, we're always interested in doing a solution. Questions that come to mind: "AIO Above the motherboard" so the radiator? and what sort of distance are we talking.

You're very welcome to contact me in a PM or email, and I'll happily try to assist you :)

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
The radiator is supposed to be the exact same as the old one. So these dimensions would be right.

I'd love to give you a full answer here. But the question seems to carry some understanding of potential products.
If there's a market, we're always interested in doing a solution. Questions that come to mind: "AIO Above the motherboard" so the radiator? and what sort of distance are we talking.

You're very welcome to contact me in a PM or email, and I'll happily try to assist you :)

I'll make a new thread so we can all discuss this.