Enclosure Acer U320 and clones

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Just ordered the Mars Computing MC-Elite, which is a clone (or just relabeled version) of the Acer U320.
Seen this case a few months ago being discussed on r/sffpc, and somebody pointed out a few days ago, that there actually is a version available in Europe, from Mars Computing.

So, as I was very frustated last week about several failures in terms of delivery (eg. supermarket delivery not only managed to "forget" more than half the ordered goods, but also had me running after the delivery guy, with a severe strained leg, to tell him he indeed did forget half of it) ... I decided to treat myself to something nice :)

Ordered on Thursday evening, while trying to figure out how to get the rest of my grocery stuff via eg. Amazon, arrived yesterday afternoon (Saturday), only got to properly unpack right now.

Case is found on Amazon Germany, and thus, probably also the rest of Europe, as Mars Computing is - I think - a company from Spain; Ordered in black, 17ish L, allows for mATX + ATX PSU, 240 AIO sidemounted, up to 135 mm air cooling (could also be 150 without the side mount), got both feet and handles in identical looks, and weights only about 3 kg. Price is 50 Euro including shipping w/ Amazon Prime (original US price acc. to reddit: 29 USD).

Pictures coming soon, gonna post them in my blog and then repost selected ones here :)

cu, w0lf.

Last edited:

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Fun little case, I opened it and took a few pictures. Gonna use it for the "traditional" pre-build of the workstation.
Comes with three 92 mm fans preinstalled, sadly all molex 🤮

Probably gonna use the following components:

• MB: Asrock Z690 PG-ITX/TB4
  • CPU: i5-12400
  • CPU Cooling: I am tempted to try the Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, to test the maximum height (and if it fails, I'm just going with the SI-100)
  • RAM: 32 GB RAM, Corsair Vengeance 5600, CL 36
  • Storage: SK Hynix P41 as main system / boot drive
  • PSU: Fractal Design Ion+ SFX 650 Gold (SFX-L) .. or if all fails, the horrible FSP Dagger Pro 850
  • GPU: Inno3D RTX 4070 Twin X2 OC White Stealth with "hidden" power connector
  • Case fans: Replacing them with a few 92 mm Noctuas or Scythe ARGBs; there might be even enough space on the bottom for 120 mm fans, so I gonna try with a few, eg. I got those unused, pristine Arctic P12 ARGB sitting around