7L watercooled SFF Case (Dual 92mm radiator)

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Nice case! I like how thick the aluminum is and looks like one of those solidly-built cases from Taobao :D I wouldn't mind having a radiator-free option (that is shorter in length).

Reactions: Da_Korn

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Nice case! I like how thick the aluminum is and looks like one of those solidly-built cases from Taobao :D I wouldn't mind having a radiator-free option (that is shorter in length).
gr8 Idea ? , but how do you wanna cool the CPU? There is space for a 44mm high CPU cooler, but I think there is not enough space for air... if there´s demand I will design the case without space for the radiator.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Just noticed that the position of your CPU block relative to the AM4 bracket is different to mine (90 degrees). Now I am worried I put mine wrong since I had to use a lot of force to make the brackets slide in. Is the LT240 block symmetrical on all sides when putting the bracket? My tubes are facing the "thin" parts of the bracket instead of yours facing the long.

Last edited:

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Just noticed that the position of your CPU block relative to the AM4 bracket is different to mine (90 degrees). Now I am worried I put mine wrong since I had to use a lot of force to make the brackets slide in. Is the LT240 block symmetrical on all sides when putting the bracket? My tubes are facing the "thin" parts of the bracket instead of yours facing the long.
yes its symmetrical on all sides.

Reactions: schn1tt3r

protexus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2020
Here are some Temperatures of my first tests, everything runs @stock clock, no OC.

CPU: idle 34°C,
100% load (Cinebench) 67°C

GPU: idle 29°C
Firestrike 51°C

I intend to run a similar cooling setup on a r5-2600 + 1080ti FE. TDP wise I'm in the same ballpark, but I'm using two NF-A9x14 and the airflow isn't as good as in your case.

I'm worried that the temps might get to high.... Hence the question wether you tested temps individual or in a combined stress test over a longer period of time.

Can you go into further detail on your testing?

Awesome build btw!!! I hope mine will come out as good as yours

catawalks

Average Stuffer
Dec 17, 2019
gr8 Idea ? , but how do you wanna cool the CPU? There is space for a 44mm high CPU cooler, but I think there is not enough space for air... if there´s demand I will design the case without space for the radiator.

I wouldn't mind a case design without the radiator support either. I think half the fun with a build like that would be to figure out how to cool it. lol

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
I intend to run a similar cooling setup on a r5-2600 + 1080ti FE. TDP wise I'm in the same ballpark, but I'm using two NF-A9x14 and the airflow isn't as good as in your case.

I'm worried that the temps might get to high.... Hence the question wether you tested temps individual or in a combined stress test over a longer period of time.

Can you go into further detail on your testing?

Awesome build btw!!! I hope mine will come out as good as yours
Thanks a lot. I currently disassembled it, because my Asus Mobo broke after I hotswapped my GPU, but thats another Story... if everything is assembled I will test and measure the temps for every component. I also wanna change the front fans around to function as intakes and then and two noctua 60mm Fans on top and one 40mm on the rear as exhaust. I probably also test temps with difeerent Fan push/pull/intake/exhaust configurations

Reactions: Acalanata

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
I wouldn't mind a case design without the radiator support either. I think half the fun with a build like that would be to figure out how to cool it. lol
Maybe one noctua nhl9i x65 without the Fan ontop or some cooler like that, and two 60mm top fans pushing air through the cooler... if I have one I'll try it

Reactions: catawalks

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
New motherboard arrived, its an x570i strix.

And I ordered some Fans for the top and the rear of the case.

First try of how I could mount the inlet and outet of my pump. It barely fits. The 90° Adapters hit the daughterboard slightly.

20mm space for another 90° adapter and fitting ontop

And finaly for today some tinkering of how the loop could fit:

Dont buy any corsair fittings, the color coating comes off if you just scratch it with your fingernail. And my loop there were also particles of the color coating floating around

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
sadness
such a cool but though!

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Next build/ time maybe rotate 180deg MB to have 24pin conn. o bottom and make cables shorter? :) (If you decide to use flex again :)
That would mean I/O on the top of the case though, which would be... problematic. I would instead use TheHack's M2426 24-pin adapter and use it alongside a MeanWell RPS-400-12 - should be slightly more compact than FlexATX, and far fewer cables to route (6+2 rather than 24, and you might even get away without an EPS).

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I would instead use TheHack's M2426 24-pin adapter and use it alongside a MeanWell RPS-400-12 - should be slightly more compact than FlexATX, and far fewer cables to route (6+2 rather than 24, and you might even get away without an EPS).

With GxR-ONE and RPS400 you would only have two cables to route if that's important for the build. ;)

Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
With GxR-ONE and RPS400 you would only have two cables to route if that's important for the build. ;)
Lol, I apparently had a minor brain fart while writing that as it's obviously 2 (+2 for PS_ON) with the M2426 too when using a MeanWell 12VDC PSU. The remaining four are for passing through voltages from ATX standard PSUs. Still, good to know there are several options, but does the GxR-ONE support the PS_ON signal on the MeanWell? Or does it have an external load switch or similar? My ArchDaemon does, which alleviates the problem of always-on fans and GPUs, but the integration of the PS_ON signal is still a good addition (even if it only works with RPS-3/4/500 PSUs).

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Lol, I apparently had a minor brain fart while writing that as it's obviously 2 (+2 for PS_ON) with the M2426 too when using a MeanWell 12VDC PSU. The remaining four are for passing through voltages from ATX standard PSUs. Still, good to know there are several options, but does the GxR-ONE support the PS_ON signal on the MeanWell? Or does it have an external load switch or similar? My ArchDaemon does, which alleviates the problem of always-on fans and GPUs, but the integration of the PS_ON signal is still a good addition (even if it only works with RPS-3/4/500 PSUs).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you need a few more cables with the M2426 and RPS when connecting an GPU? Should be one for PSon, one for 5Vsb, 4 for DC 12v to M2426 plus some for RPS to GPU. But maybe JH offers some customized cable assembly to reduce the number of wires for this application, not sure.

Lol, yeah, GxR-ONE looks like just a simple cable with a plugin attached but it's a bit more than that. It works similar like your archdemon but uses some new coaxial cables and the load switches are integrated. So no need for a power supply with PSon function and also no problem with always on.

Last edited:

Lakimakromedia

Caliper Novice
Mar 21, 2019
That would mean I/O on the top of the case though, which would be... problematic. I would instead use TheHack's M2426 24-pin adapter and use it alongside a MeanWell RPS-400-12 - should be slightly more compact than FlexATX, and far fewer cables to route (6+2 rather than 24, and you might even get away without an EPS).
Why on top? I said 180deg not 90.
Pcie will be on top, instead on bottom.

Gxr-one looks like idea of PSU from this thread
:) Just flex PSU used as base.

Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Why on top? I said 180deg not 90.
Pcie will be on top, instead on bottom.
Ah, I apparently misread that. You'd have I/O behind the radiator then. Isn't that worse? Of course you could mirror the entire layout to fix this, but that's not exactly a trivial task, and you'd be left with the back of the GPU facing outwards instead of the front of the waterblock, or it mounted upside down with the mounting challenges that would bring with it. I would assume the OP saw this orientation as the best compromise in this scenario.