7L watercooled SFF Case (Dual 92mm radiator)

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
That is an expensive PSU. Did you already buy it? The enp-7660b is the most popular flex PSU. Quiet and powerful. If you didn't, and don't necessarily need modular. https://www.sfftec.com/product-page/enhance-600w-flex-atx

@SFFTEC has one that is painted black (if that matters to you at all), but it's also relatively affordable, Shipping times aren't the best(some people have commented about it on Reddit) but it's coming from a community member here who, I believe, also did the z-case p-50, or helped out with it I think. https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...lex-atx-silent-and-powerful-custom-psu.11896/

May be worth looking into, if you don't need modular. :)

I believe you can get other modular ones cheaper too, but geeek has the most customizable options that are readily available (or at least quickly available... Compared to AliExpress or taobao)
Ok thanks for your advice, but i already bought it. I knew that there are non modular ones out there but i want my system to look as clean as possible, so i don't want 4 sata and molex cables hanging around in my PC. ;-)

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019

Rom29292

Cable Smoosher
May 28, 2017
Hello seems an interesting and clean project!
How are your aluminum panels fixed? I do not see a cube / fixation?
What procedure did you use for cutting your aluminum panels (Cnc / water jet cutting) I am looking for a similar perforation for my own projects
Good continuation !

Reactions: Da_Korn

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Hello seems an interesting and clean project!
How are your aluminum panels fixed? I do not see a cube / fixation?
What procedure did you use for cutting your aluminum panels (Cnc / water jet cutting) I am looking for a similar perforation for my own projects
Good continuation !

thanks.
The Case is made out of 5mm aluminum panels and they are fixed together with M3x10 lens head screws. I cut them with an industrial CNC mill.

Rom29292

Cable Smoosher
May 28, 2017
Thank you for your reply .
It should not have been easy to thread the edges of aluminum in 5 mm (I took at least 30 min for a gpu support in 5 mm)
May I also ask you the shade of your aluminum? And if the threads in it are strong enough?
Are you going to market your case one day?

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Thank you for your reply .
It should not have been easy to thread the edges of aluminum in 5 mm (I took at least 30 min for a gpu support in 5 mm)
May I also ask you the shade of your aluminum? And if the threads in it are strong enough?
Are you going to market your case one day?
It wasn't difficult to drill the threads with the industrial CNC machine. And they are strong enough because I use 5 screws per side.
If I had my own CNC machine, I would rework the housing, miss a cleaner look and then market it.

what do u mean with shade? I dont understandXD

warmack

Trash Compacter
Warmack Woodworks
Nov 4, 2018
This is excellent. I've got the Black Ice 2x92mm radiator that I've planned for an upcoming build, but I am waiting on the Eisbaer LT solo to show up. I was thinking of tapping the end of aluminum like this but opted to buy some square nuts instead as I do not have a CNC mill.

aromachi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 18, 2019
Oh the things I could accomplish with a CNC machine haha. I've been designing something like this for months, and I'm tempted to do a MakerBeam frame with plexiglass siding. Nice job. Love how this is coming along. Subscribed!

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
there is a big problem, the pump is too weak. what should I do? Is there any DDC pump with a mini Cover?

warmack

Trash Compacter
Warmack Woodworks
Nov 4, 2018
Do you think you can fit one of the little Phanteks res/distro plates in there? That is what I almost used in my build.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I feel like there should be enough space between the Rad and Motherboard to make a 92mm DDC pump mount.
This would limit you to 170mm GPU's.

I reckon a DDC MX 3.2 - the PWM powered one will be fine for that amount of space and hardware.

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
I feel like there should be enough space between the Rad and Motherboard to make a 92mm DDC pump mount.
This would limit you to 170mm GPU's.

I reckon a DDC MX 3.2 - the PWM powered one will be fine for that amount of space and hardware.
There is about 50mm space between the radiator and the ram modules.
That DDC MX 3.2 the exact same pump we used in one of my friends PC build, and it has power.
I just need a small pump cover that is with the pump installed less than 50mm in heigt.

warmack

Trash Compacter
Warmack Woodworks
Nov 4, 2018
How much does one of these cost?
They are like 90 bucks, but I think they might be too large for your application.

Did you force the pump to run at 100% when you tested? I know when I originally had my Eisbaer LT connected to my mobo header it wasn't pumping at 100% because of the fan curve that was applied. In your pic is looks like it wasn't even connected to the header, so my guess is this won't solve your problem, but I wanted to throw it out there just in case.

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
They are like 90 bucks, but I think they might be too large for your application.

Did you force the pump to run at 100% when you tested? I know when I originally had my Eisbaer LT connected to my mobo header it wasn't pumping at 100% because of the fan curve that was applied. In your pic is looks like it wasn't even connected to the header, so my guess is this won't solve your problem, but I wanted to throw it out there just in case.
Thanks. But it was running at 100% (bios settings). The picture was taken before I tested everything.

Reactions: warmack

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
I rebuilt everything but without the small "reservoir" at the top and the PC works. I think there was a weird water-air pressure ratio, that the pump couldn´t handle.

Here are some Temperatures of my first tests, everything runs @stock clock, no OC.

CPU: idle 34°C,
100% load (Cinebench) 67°C

GPU: idle 29°C
Firestrike 51°C