Other What's on Taobao

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I've contacted Deng in English via Taobao/Aliwangwang and they were very responsive and helpful. If you haven't used Aliwangwang before, this guide might help: https://www.howtotao.com/taobao-customer-service/#4_how_to_contact_your_Taobao_seller
I have used Aliwangwang chat app to communicate with many Taobao sellers, including with Deng when buying a Deng F15. Often, a seller (and probably most case sellers) is just a 1-man business (definitely without a 24-hour customer service) and so just do not expect to receive instant response.

Reactions: Sacha

miptzi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 20, 2017
I ordered an ACAT S1 from taobao with YOYbuy agent. Anyone has ordered here similar case? The YOYbuy spekar told me on chat the case is on pre-buy... I translated the product page and this info is nowhere to be found....

Sacha

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2021
I ordered an ACAT S1 from taobao with YOYbuy agent. Anyone has ordered here similar case? The YOYbuy spekar told me on chat the case is on pre-buy... I translated the product page and this info is nowhere to be found....
bought an ACAT S1 via wegobuy. it was shipped on April 10th. However, many of these cases are manufactured in batches. i.e. it is possible that the last batch is sold out and the next batch will only be produced in the next weeks. My experience with communication via agents is mixed at best, I would suggest to contact ACAT directly (via Aliwangwang).

Reactions: miptzi

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
bought an ACAT S1 via wegobuy. it was shipped on April 10th. However, many of these cases are manufactured in batches. i.e. it is possible that the last batch is sold out and the next batch will only be produced in the next weeks. My experience with communication via agents is mixed at best, I would suggest to contact ACAT directly (via Aliwangwang).
Yep, second that, have seen quite a few posts mentioning that ACAT cases are made in batches, so they're basically always on pre-buy.

Its just the kind of thing you have to deal with on fairly small run production cases I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: miptzi

Sacha

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2021
Did you ever do a purchase and ship outside China?
Most sellers don't ship outside China, at least I haven't found any - so I usually use agents. Taobao does have its own international shipping service, but it only ships to a few countries: https://www.howtotao.com/taobao-global-consolidation-and-shipping/#2_Does_it_support_my_country

Alternatively, if taobao does not ship to your country, you can order directly at Taobao and have it shipped to your superbuy address. I haven't done that, but imo this is the most reasonable approach if you have special requests and are in contact with the seller anyway.

miptzi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 20, 2017

Yep, second that, have seen quite a few posts mentioning that ACAT cases are made in batches, so they're basically always on pre-buy.

Its just the kind of thing you have to deal with on fairly small run production cases I guess.
Thanks guys. Will do.

ezerez

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2021
Here is latest JIMU D+ update I posted on reddit:
Thx for the update! I was also already in contact with the seller to see the difference in colours. I must say from the pictures the quality of the anodizing looks very good. Really tempted to order one.

Sacha

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2021
SSUPD Meshlicious should be released on Taobao at the end of this month. Please post a link if you see it 🙂
The store is linked on the SSUPD website, but nothing available yet :)

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The store is linked on the SSUPD website, but nothing available yet :)
The Meshlicious is not up for sales yet. If we take the 'end of April' for the China market literally, then it is now. It is 1st of May here already.
In the meantime, some type of camisole is being sold for 256 RMB.
Is this a side business of SSUPD (to fill in the time gap)?😜

Reactions: thelaughingman

ezerez

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2021
Someone on reddit is saying we need to change the store where we ordered from, can you verify this?
I just send a message to the seller about this and got an automated reply in chinese saying the store changed because he had problems with alipay on this store or something. Seems a bit sketchy to me though. Gonna wait with ordering untill someone gets it in its hand

EndingCredits

Caliper Novice
Dec 17, 2020
There's enough photos that I feel like the case exists, but this new update is really weird.

I sent a message to my agent asking to cancel and place order at new store; hope I don't get screwed.

ezerez

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2021
There's enough photos that I feel like the case exists, but this new update is really weird.

I sent a message to my agent asking to cancel and place order at new store; hope I don't get screwed.
Im also sure it exists. But I also saw someone mention this is the same guy/company that released a mjolnir copy and that also didnt seem to ge well in the end or took a long time. Dunno the exact story, maybe someone here can elaborate on that. Its just people spend years on some designs getting it to manufacture. And this guy seems to appear with the case and starts shipping in 2 months. I mean he copied a whole bunch but he also made some adjustments to the design. So if it would be perfect the first time then great. but im gonna see what he ships first. Its still a lot of money in the end.

EndingCredits

Caliper Novice
Dec 17, 2020
Not heard anything along those lines myself, but it's taobao, so who knows what I'm going to end up with.

Fortunately I can spare the cash.

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com
Important reminder: the JIMU D+ seller's Alipay account and Taobao store were stolen, and everyone who ordered this case needs to cancel the order and initiate a refund immediately (I just did it). The seller transferred all the items to a different store for now, and you can order again there if you still want. The seller created https://www.reddit.com/r/JMCustomized/ to address this issue and you may contact the seller there if you don't use QQ or wechat (don't try to contact the original aliwangwang account, as it's now controlled by the thief). If you see that the item was already shipped (by the thief), you need to report the case to Taobao; otherwise, you money is at risk.
(ps: i'm only here to share the message based on my understanding at a good will, and I'm not responsible for the authenticity of the message. Please verify the fact by yourself.)

miptzi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 20, 2017
Last edited: