Power Supply Review / Teardown | 700W Modular FLEX Power Supply from TaoBao 7760B (MF-700F)

r2yet

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 3, 2022
Oh damn, that's a completely different PSU. On the daughter board I can see the Metalfish logo and all other components also don't look like 700W Platinum. Seems the seller cheated you.
The seller has good reputation ( 2 silver crown), I dont think he will send fake products.

NR200Hater

Cable Smoosher
Jan 18, 2023
Hello, I bought this power supply on Aliexpress.
Dianjipa MF-700F. What can you say about it?

It has a different cable connection configuration. For 2х 6+2pin (on one cable) a 6pin connection is provided.

It has this factory fan and I replaced it with this Noctua because the factory one was so noisy.
I noticed that after a long load, Noctua also starts to make noise, the reason turned out to be that hot air from the video card passed through the power supply. I will buy a GPU with a turbo fan here.
Installed Noctua Noise Adapter NA-RC10 (with RC12 it didn't even start), now the noise is acceptable.

Now I have a processor with a real TDP of 90W and RTX 3070 (undervolt to 200W), I will probably install a 2080ti Turbo (undervolt to 220W) here so as not to heat the case from the inside.

But I'm wondering if this PSU can handle 3090 with undervolt to 280-300 watts? Just one 6pin connector for video card...
Perhaps I'll change the power connector on the Gigabyte 3090 Turbo so that it fits into this case.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hello, I bought this power supply on Aliexpress.
Dianjipa MF-700F. What can you say about it?

It has a different cable connection configuration. For 2х 6+2pin (on one cable) a 6pin connection is provided.

It has this factory fan and I replaced it with this Noctua because the factory one was so noisy.
I noticed that after a long load, Noctua also starts to make noise, the reason turned out to be that hot air from the video card passed through the power supply. I will buy a GPU with a turbo fan here.
Installed Noctua Noise Adapter NA-RC10 (with RC12 it didn't even start), now the noise is acceptable.

Now I have a processor with a real TDP of 90W and RTX 3070 (undervolt to 200W), I will probably install a 2080ti Turbo (undervolt to 220W) here so as not to heat the case from the inside.

But I'm wondering if this PSU can handle 3090 with undervolt to 280-300 watts? Just one 6pin connector for video card...
Perhaps I'll change the power connector on the Gigabyte 3090 Turbo so that it fits into this case.

as you can see from my initial teardown, the PSU you got has not much in common with the "original" 7760B / MF-700F (ENP-7660B clone) ...

Bild_2021-04-26_135916.png

the whole design and choice of components is totally different and since I haven't tested the PSU you got there, I can't give you much advice ...

however, I did some digging... it seems that the PSU you got sells in China for just 400,- RMB (USD 60,-) and based on my experience I doubt that you can buy a legit 600/700W PLATINUM FLEX PSU for this price... just for reference, the "original" 7760B / MF-700F sells for 800,- ~ 900,- RMB

anyways, I'd be happy if you share some experience with this unit. I'm really curious how much you can pull from that PSU...

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
I did some digging... it seems that the PSU you got sells in China for just 400,- RMB (USD 60,-) and based on my experience I doubt that you can buy a legit 600/700W PLATINUM FLEX PSU for this price... just for reference, the "original" 7760B / MF-700F sells for 800,- ~ 900,- RMB
As an avid follower of PSU reviews and threads over the years, this doesn't look like its build anything like a 600-700W PSU either. Seems like its using mostly low quality off the shelf parts....

I wouldn't plug anything valuable into that thing.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
It seems sellers on Aliexpress / Taobao have started to sell fake even of their own Chinese domestic products so I'm not really sure what I would recommend to you.

If you want to risk it, you can try to buy the M700F from the shop I got mine via a shopping agent like superbuy.com but I'm not sure if they still sell the "original" one.

Gold medal full module small 1U flex 500W 600W 650W Yiheng solution itx mini chassis power supply-Superbuy-Shopping Agent

At this point, I'd just get the ENHANCE or SILVERSTONE 600W PSU to be on the safe side. IIRC, Overtek also offers custom cables if you order from them.

Enhance ENP-7660B - 600W Flex ATX 1U Platinum power supply – Overtek

Amazon.com: SilverStone Technology FX600 Platinum Cybenetics Platinum 600W FlexATX Power Supply (SST-FX600-PT) : Elektronik & Foto

NR200Hater

Cable Smoosher
Jan 18, 2023
anyways, I'd be happy if you share some experience with this unit. I'm really curious how much you can pull from that PSU...
Yesterday I did a stress test for an hour. The processor was loaded at 90 watts, the video card at 240 watts (110% power limit). The power supply was outside the case and was not heated by the video card. As a result of the test, it became noticeably warm, perhaps 40 degrees, it felt much more colder than a hot video card.

But I will replace it, perhaps for this one, on the review from the buyer it looks like a real 7760B

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Yesterday I did a stress test for an hour. The processor was loaded at 90 watts, the video card at 240 watts (110% power limit). The power supply was outside the case and was not heated by the video card. As a result of the test, it became noticeably warm, perhaps 40 degrees, it felt much more colder than a hot video card.

But I will replace it, perhaps for this one, on the review from the buyer it looks like a real 7760B
If it's as per the images that is a genuine unit. fan is correct, transformer position right, case right and label position is the default location Enhance usually place it.

REVOCCASES, sanctions etc make it difficult for Russians to buy from us, but thanks for the mention.

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Reactions: scatterforce

JournaL

Caliper Novice
May 4, 2017
let's say it can really deliver "700W" this will be hot and loud AF with bronze efficiency
Yeah, I did more digging, and Athena Power is definitely in the independent class of cheap PSUs (had problems with PSUs catching fire back in the early 2010s). Back to the drawing board...

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
What's the feeling on a 450W Platinum, fully modular but 170mm long with 12VHPWR connector (Should be able to have 2 cables for GPU one with the 12VHPWR connector the other to a couple of 6+2pin PCI-E. Say with a very similar fan mapping to ENP-7660B. ie about 3Vdc to 80% load output before ramping up o/p. So quiet to 360W loads.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
In case anyone is interested, I recently got my hands on a Flex1U that was "600W" rated and labelled as FSP Group.
It's also supposedly 'silent' which it most certainly was not, fan noise was awful at idle and got worse with any load at all.

Of course, FSP Group don't offer a 600W Flex PSU so I knew immediately that something was up.
Upon inspection it looks like it's a newer Metalfish design, possibly a '500W' design based on the silkscreened model number.

Either way, I swapped the fan over to a trusty Noctua A4x20 and will be using it for a 3400G (~70W max) + 6600XT (~160W max) machine in a K39v3

Pictures here:
Not sure why Imgur is trying to tag my album as 'may contain adult imagery' but be assured it's really not.

Last edited:

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
lol FSP this is like sticking a Giraffe label on a Kangeroo. All FSP Flex ATX fakes have one massive red flag always. They always have the fan position wrong because getting new hard metal tooling is expensive for that is expensive.
All current production models of FSP Flex ATX thaat are 150mm have had the fan inboard (ie not next to the IEC inlet) Even the more recent Modular versions. There's been a fake FSP270-60LE floating around for years now.

Any way here's my teaser image lol
comming soon.jpg

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
What's the feeling on a 450W Platinum, fully modular but 170mm long with 12VHPWR connector (Should be able to have 2 cables for GPU one with the 12VHPWR connector the other to a couple of 6+2pin PCI-E. Say with a very similar fan mapping to ENP-7660B. ie about 3Vdc to 80% load output before ramping up o/p. So quiet to 360W loads.
This is unusually specific, and I like it. It would need to be priced competitively as the Enhance 600W is in stock at $160. Ever since I saw that 12VHPWR connector, I had wondered when someone would use it on a Flex PSU. It's much more comforting to know every wire has its own pin, unlike a lot of the sketch PSU's out there.

Reactions: SFFMunkee

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
This is unusually specific, and I like it. It would need to be priced competitively as the Enhance 600W is in stock at $160. Ever since I saw that 12VHPWR connector, I had wondered when someone would use it on a Flex PSU. It's much more comforting to know every wire has its own pin, unlike a lot of the sketch PSU's out there.
It will be the first modular flex atx enhance do. Done right it should be good. Expect the 12VHPWR cable will be a 16awg cable like the one I have on an 850W sfx sample.

Last edited:

SFF-WolfDen

Case Bender
New User
Dec 19, 2023
Hello to all,

I'm currently running a SFF build(HP prebuild gutted and hacked into a SFF build)

I have a 500w Noname flex 1u AliExpress special, with a Noctua black fan I put in as the original had terrible noise and rattling. I knew it was not enough for the 6700xt but after initial tests it seemed to handle regular 1440p gaming just fine.
Specs:
B450 asrock itx(gen3 pcie) MB
ryzen 5 3600
Saphire pulse 6700xt
Gen4 pci-e riser 30cm
Misc argb lights for obvious reasons :)

This ran well for about 1.5 years, but more recently I've started experiencing shutdowns with no windows logs (kernelpower 41) anytime I try to game.
I suspect my psu to be failing, or just not able to match power needs when gaming. There are other possible causes, but I feel starting with the PSU is the best choice. This only occurs during gaming; I can run all day with regular pc usage. I did some upgrades to the cabling and my monitor(4k144hz monitor and hdmi 2.1 risers and DP riser), still this setup ran well and did what I needed until recently.

I'm looking for the highest rated 1U flex PSU, I see on alexi there's some 850w options, but it seems these are not trusted here? and the one listed in OP isn't available anymore I'm reading? So, is it just a hit or miss guessing or is there a recommendation for one that has good internals and can give me 700+?

Are these options just straight junk?
Xindongli 850w flex

Group Inc. 850w

Myihaja 80w flex

Or should I look into taobao options? or just accept a 600w 7660b as the best I can get.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Your system will only pull under 400W max. Your GPU being 230W max I would recommend ours or another ENP-7660B that has 2 separate PCI-E cable runs, one for each GPU connector rather than daisy chained. Better load balance with 6 12V circuits and with less risk than running 2.

Our replenishment stock landing tomorrow, but by the time it's unloaded, devanned, and delivered to us we will be into the start of next year for shipping.

Stock fan is Yate Loon and quiet, you won't need a Noctua and I would recommend against it.

We have looked at specs for some of these psu's and it's life matches the warm temp mtbf figures 10-15k hrs iirc. ENP-7660B by comparison is greater than 100,000hrs with the fan at 70,000hrs. All down to quality of components as well as design.

It's not always applicable but certainly you experience does advertise the buy cheap buy twice notion to some degree.

For reference the FSP listing is a fake product. Genuine will be autoranging input active pfc. Don't waste money on any of them