Other What's on Taobao

edwinbradford

Caliper Novice
Apr 22, 2020
If you prefer non-console style case, how about:-
a) M24 (ver 2.0) - 3.9 litres, all aluminum, 1U PSU, 180mm full height GPU)

b) SeaDamaged SE Mini4 - 4.0 litres, carbon fibre, 1U PSU, 175mm GPU)

c) V32 Pro - 3.4 litres, all aluminum, single slot half height GPU, Meanwell internal power supply)
Ah the SFF Master List, that is an incredible resource I went through this weekend, Google Sheets is a great way to view cases because of Filterview.

There appear to be several cases on Taobao with the same form factor as the M24, sandwich design with a Flex PSU inside the case. Honestly it's not a bad format and one of the options I've shortlisted but the internal PSU increases case size of course. The V32 I hadn't seen thanks, that one is unusual. Reminds me of the Streacom F7C with support for one low profile discrete graphics card, I actually bought that case but returned it because I thought the thermals would be terrible amongst other things.

Feels like my optimal format is sandwich with the graphics card behind the motherboard and no internal PSU. A half height or small form factor graphics card should then enable the case width and depth to come down to that of an mITX motherboard. The other option is console format like the Sentry where the case width and depth are greater but the height is low, not as compact but it would have support for more graphic card formats.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Ah the SFF Master List, that is an incredible resource I went through this weekend, Google Sheets is a great way to view cases because of Filterview.

There appear to be several cases on Taobao with the same form factor as the M24, sandwich design with a Flex PSU inside the case. Honestly it's not a bad format and one of the options I've shortlisted but the internal PSU increases case size of course. The V32 I hadn't seen thanks, that one is unusual. Reminds me of the Streacom F7C with support for one low profile discrete graphics card, I actually bought that case but returned it because I thought the thermals would be terrible amongst other things.

Feels like my optimal format is sandwich with the graphics card behind the motherboard and no internal PSU. A half height or small form factor graphics card should then enable the case width and depth to come down to that of an mITX motherboard. The other option is console format like the Sentry where the case width and depth are greater but the height is low, not as compact but it would have support for more graphic card formats.
That'll probably be difficult to find simply because it limits hardware compatibility quite a lot. Unless you want some sort of internal power distribution board (which would likely increase the price noticeably and need space) you'd be limited to <75W GPUs. For now, that's the GTX 1650 tier at best. If you went with some sort of distribution board, there's also the challenge of having a sufficiently powerful brick - 330W at 19V (requiring internal 12V conversion, meaning less than 330W usable wattage) or 220W 12V are the most common options, with HDPlex providing a 400W option (delivering ~370W output due to internal 19V-12V conversion losses). Not to mention that HDPlex's gear is rather expensive and often out of stock, of course. The Chinese market, which seems to be the main market for cases like these, seem to prefer using cheap FlexATX/1U PSUs that are easy to come by used from datacentres or even at retail from respectable brands at lower wattages.

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
That's cool! Would you mind showing what exactly you wrote in your specifications, so that I can just copy that? I'm very insecure about these things.

I've btw ordered one of those angled adapter inputs you have there for the 24 pin on my motherboard too--only that it's 90 degrees and not 180. This will just make it easier for cable management, as I want to route the cable beneath the PSU and com out to the right straight into the 24 pin adapter
Oh, I just checked and this is what I said specifically(for my particular seller):
  • 买家留言(Buyers Remarks)
    海盗SF600(Corsair modular)。显卡13cm(graphics card), 主板 20cm(motherboard).

Not sure how you are purchasing direct from TB, but can always PM me if you need any translation help.

I now have zero cable slack, was almost too short!😅

hmm...can't seem to load imgur images for some reason..."image cannot be loaded from the passed link"?

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Keleche

Caliper Novice
Feb 9, 2021
So it was the pro that had the handle? Hmmm

Didn't even know a "pro" existed...the silver finish is honestly way better than the white, which I only ordered cause no other alternative existed.

Any chance to order the pro without type-C? I really see no need for it, and just want a cleaner finish both on the outside and inside (in terms of cabling).

That's cool! Would you mind showing what exactly you wrote in your specifications, so that I can just copy that? I'm very insecure about these things.

I've btw ordered one of those angled adapter inputs you have there for the 24 pin on my motherboard too--only that it's 90 degrees and not 180. This will just make it easier for cable management, as I want to route the cable beneath the PSU and com out to the right straight into the 24 pin adapter

I'll also route the PSU cable on the back, beneath the motherbaord itself, to come out and into the 180 degree adapter input.
I don't think you can get the Aklla A4 Pro without the front USB C. I don't recall seeing any handle option.

trees_z

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2021
Anyone know of any cases presumably under 4 liters with an external PSU---preferably aluminium but doesn't have to be---that support a low profile or short length discrete graphics card? It doesn't have to be on TaoBao but I've been looking for months and I don't believe one exists in the West. I could easily find an APU case I like but I'm hesitant to build a new system without a discrete graphics card because historically I've found upgrading my graphics card has extended the life of my system by several years.

Here's an example in a Streacom FC1, it has everything I'm looking for but was heavily modified. I expect the thermals aren't great, not sure if that matters, and I don't have the equipment or really want to start cutting apart a new case. Here's another exxample in the same case, amazing job but again beyond my means without a garage and equipment.

On Taobao the nearest case designs I've found are those like a Six Pigeons LG K2S and a WDEAN DORA R2S. Those cases include a 1U or Flex PSU in the case so are larger volumes than I would prefer if I'm being a perfectionist.

Also not on TaoBao but the Velka 3 seems to meet all your criteria but has internal PSU.

edwinbradford

Caliper Novice
Apr 22, 2020
That'll probably be difficult to find simply because it limits hardware compatibility quite a lot. Unless you want some sort of internal power distribution board (which would likely increase the price noticeably and need space) you'd be limited to <75W GPUs. For now, that's the GTX 1650 tier at best. If you went with some sort of distribution board, there's also the challenge of having a sufficiently powerful brick - 330W at 19V (requiring internal 12V conversion, meaning less than 330W usable wattage) or 220W 12V are the most common options, with HDPlex providing a 400W option (delivering ~370W output due to internal 19V-12V conversion losses). Not to mention that HDPlex's gear is rather expensive and often out of stock, of course. The Chinese market, which seems to be the main market for cases like these, seem to prefer using cheap FlexATX/1U PSUs that are easy to come by used from datacentres or even at retail from respectable brands at lower wattages.
A very good point I only just realised this week thanks to someone pointing it out to me. Probably explains why I'm not finding many examples matching my requirements other than in modded cases. I've never needed anything above a budget GPU for work or home so didn't consider wattage to be important for my next build but given that I don't know what software I'll be using five years from now an external power bricks would limit the upgrade path and your point about Flex PSUs makes complete sense.

edwinbradford

Caliper Novice
Apr 22, 2020
Also not on TaoBao but the Velka 3 seems to meet all your criteria but has internal PSU.
I've seen the Velka cases thanks and you're right they're a good match. Given the help and feedback I've received I think I need to revise my requirements to include an internal PSU in which case I have plenty to choose from. That's why I love this forum :)

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com
Finally, a FormD T1 clone (JIMU D+):

I'm thinking of getting a white one as I didn't manage to get a white FormD T1, but it's kind of expensive though.

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

I'm thinking of getting a white one as I didn't manage to get a white FormD T1, but it's kind of expensive though.
the volume is no longer sub-10L but the case is now tall enough for 30mm rad + 15mm fan and wide enough to fit HWL GTS radiators. the price is ~50USD cheaper than the real T1 v1.1 so if they can keep this in stock / fulfill order in a timely manner should be a good sale

EDIT: there's also official support for mounting radiator on the GPU chamber with a bracket so dual-rad build should be much easier

Reactions: lys1030

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020

I was wondering if we'd ever see it on Taobao due to all the CNC machining. It'll sell, simply due to non-availability of the real thing--I've been waiting for the real thing for a few months....still waiting, and no clue if/when I'll be able to buy it; have a set of custom PSU cables waiting for it.
the volume is no longer sub-10L but the case is now tall enough for 30mm rad + 15mm fan and wide enough to fit HWL GTS radiators. the price is ~50USD cheaper than the real T1 v1.1 so if they can keep this in stock / fulfill order in a timely manner should be a good sale

EDIT: there's also official support for mounting radiator on the GPU chamber with a bracket so dual-rad build should be much easier
I do wonder if tis is a leaked draft of one of the coming redesigns of T1 like T1.2.

It is $50 cheaper than the real thing because it doesn't include a riser cable. Even after adding in severe international 2-day shipping costs, it is still far cheaper than what scalpers are charging for the real thing in the USA ($600USD)...and you can actually buy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

Slypheran

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 22, 2021
Anyone know of a way to contact the seller of Acat x2 outside of taobao/aliwangwang? My account got locked the moment I tried to send a message on there. I ordered the case using superbuy last October and the case still hasn't shipped. The seller gives my agent a date, the date passes, then the seller delays to a later date, probably over 20 times now. I'd like to contact the seller directly if possible as my superbuy agent doesn't seem follow my requests very well.

ninjanymo

Caliper Novice
Jun 16, 2018
My Deng F12 purchase didn’t go through, seems like the Deng studio people are afk...

I’m thus looking for alternatives with that high end end cnc look to it.

Any good ideas? Not a fan of cases that use riser cables.