What is LOSIAS?

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
It was an old community that @craigbru founded, that got me into SFF initially. We attempted to turn it into a SFF news+reviews site at first, but stuff happened and eventually we ended up with SFFn.

Listen to LowVolu.me episode 4 for a clearer picture :)
Okay, thanks.

Reactions: cmyk78

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It was an old community that @craigbru founded, that got me into SFF initially. We attempted to turn it into a SFF news+reviews site at first, but stuff happened and eventually we ended up with SFFn.

Listen to LowVolu.me episode 4 for a clearer picture :)
So should you have that banner ? :D

Reactions: jØrd

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
@confusis pretty much has it covered. Episode 4 of the podcast should cover the story pretty well. At least more comprehensively than what I could write at the moment. Do give it a listen if you haven't. Above all else, know this. Any of the guys that are currently tagged with the LOSIAS banner here, were active contributing members of the old forums. I got to know them quite well, and although our community never got as large as we'd hoped, they definitely made the place worth visiting. @j0rd and @confusis in particular, were a massive help in growing the place and helping set it's course. I owe them more than I could ever repay. Two truly awesome guys. We all saw the direction in which SFF was headed at a time when large cases ruled, and massive watercooling systems were the expected norm. @GuilleAcoustic was also a frequent visitor, and as his new banner here indicates, he definitely makes his presence known. All in all, I've got much love for them and anyone else not mentioned above. SFFn has taken the mantle, and is now the premier site for SFF related content. I couldn't be happier to be a member here and see this place grow. Although I'm no longer part of running a community myself, SFF and LOSIAS are still a part of my DNA. I'd do anything I could to see it taken to the next level.

While I do encourage you all to listen to podcast 4, and all the others of course, I will give one TLDR; The LOSIAS name itself takes it's meaning from my second project. At the time, it stood for Lots Of Shit In A Sugo. It later came to mean Lots Of Stuff In A System. It covers one of my core design philosophies on how I view SFF. Also, since everyone loves pics, below are a few from Project L.O.S.I.A.S., completed 10 years ago (man, time flies!) The system specs were as high end as possible for the time. EVGA NF44 SLI mATX motherboard, AMD FX-60, EVGA 8800 GTX's in SLI, Silverstone PSU, three 3.5" hard drives, two slot load DVD drives, modified CoolIt peltier cooler with additional radiator, 7" display, integrated fan controller, added sound card via PCI extension cable, integrated wireless card (not standard at the time), integrated USB expansion, and carrying handle procured from Falcon Northwest.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Well put Craig :) LOSIAS was one of the pioneer sites for SFF, and I'm proud to be carrying on the spirit of that community.

I don't have the tag as I am staff here, it would get messy, people wondering if I'm staff of SFFn or staff of something called LOSIAS :)