SFF.Network Low Volume Ep. 4 - LOSIAS

Download Link
  • Today's hosts: Joshua Ramirez, James Schell, John Morrison, and Jay Mattison.
  • Our special guest this episode: Craig Brugger, of LOSIAS fame!
    • A reminder: Supporters that subscribe to SFF Forum can now listen to live shows, interact with us, and join in on "The Aftershow" where we answer questions and discuss topics that don't make the cut for the podcast!
  • 1:55 Announcing SFF Wiki - a repository of knowledge for SFF builders, and the greater enthusiast community!
  • 5:56 MSI announces Cubi 2 and Cubi 2+ vPro computers utilizing Intel's nascent 5X5 form factor
    • 5x5 boards are ~30% smaller than m-ITX, yet still provide a socketed solution for processors
    • Competent CPU, integrated graphics, excellent option for HTPCs and basic use
  • 12:55 Aleutia's R50 fanless PC - with a beautiful copper stripe that doubles as an integrated heatsink
    • Intended for industrial uses, but with a flair that could make it nice well beyond that
  • 19:11 Our interview with Craigbru! Topics included:
    • His introduction to SFF, and the LOSIAS build that started it all
    • The LOSIAS websites and community
    • History of Sudhian
    • What Craig's working on now, including... cupholders?
  • 1:00:15 This episode's 'Fortnightly Favorite Fread': Geeek A10: ITX, LP dual slot and FlexATX
    • An impressively inexpensive acrylic ITX enclosure with FlexATX PSU support
Apologies for the late delivery! Moving forward, expect podcasts to land the weekend they're recorded!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: craigbru and Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
A nice podcast, I liked the Sudhian story as I wasn't aware why it disappeared, I loved that forum too.

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
I had a great time on the podcast, and it was an honor to be the first official guest. It’s unfortunate that the recording times make it a little hard to keep everyone around afterwards. That was pretty enjoyable as well. I’ll try and catch you guys and listen in live on future recordings.

Yes, Sudhian was a great site back in the day. I had a lot of my own history tied up there, as they were one of the first forums in which I was an active member. For those that are really old, Sudhian used to be ViaHardware.com. It’s also interesting that they had a much broader scope when first launched. Their focus wasn’t so much on SFF. They had a sister site called SFFTech.com where that was the focus, and it launched in 2003. They shared content where applicable, and somewhere in the 2004 time frame, all content started being essentially the same. Sudhian at its prime commanded a pretty high Alexa ranking, and it’s Folding@home team was one of best in the world. I just checked their stats and they’re currently still ranked at 355, although I seem to recall they may have been top 20 at one point. Heck, I was a top 25 folder for them myself. All in all, there was a lot of nostalgia there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

drojasxlt

Chassis Packer
Mar 11, 2016
Been loving these episodes, guys. I'm new to the SFX community, but I'm really enjoying all the info. Quick question: Any chance this podcast could become available through Pocket Casts (the primary podcast app I use)?