What games are you playing?

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I remember the tactic my dad used that I copied for the final level, which was the same for every faction.

Single line of 15 sonic tanks. and moving them forward 1 block at a time. EZ win XD
There's also a level where you could turret creep all the way.

Dune 2000 is more or less the proper sequel to Dune II, most of all is the same. Although I love playing Ordos in Dune 2000 because of the smugglers that help you. Building a wall around them and they keep producing units, then unleash the horde!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'm looking forward to this too. I hope the DX12 update that happens in ~ 1 month helps add to the performance.
This reminds me, the DX12 update with AMD multi-GPU support has been released this week, Nvidia support is supposed to follow soon. This shouldn't have taken months after the release...

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I've been playing some occasional Doom campaign but mostly I've been doing a game of Rimworld again.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I started playing Battlefield 1 since last weekend. I've started playing the Battlefield games since BF3, I've spent quite some time with BF3 (<200h) and BF4 (<400h). Regretably the same frustrating aspects are still in the game or have come back:
- often times atleast half of the people don't play the objectives (excluding snipers)
- when your side doesn't work together, it's gg for the other team
- spawning near a squad member for most game modes is basically a dice roll with the odds not in your favor
- network latency regularly 3-4 times as high as I generally have in other games
- no easy/clear way to report cheaters, inappropriate content or behavior
- balancing issues with weapons and vehicles

I'm not sure I'll be hitting a 100h game time with this one.

I've also started playing Black Mesa, the Half-Life remake in Source engine, with upgraded textures, models, level detail, physics, sound and even the soundtrack. It's an amazing blast to play this old school classic with a much more timely look and feel.
http://www.blackmesasource.com/

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I've also started playing Black Mesa, the Half-Life remake in Source engine, with upgraded textures, models, level detail, physics, sound and even the soundtrack. It's an amazing blast to play this old school classic with a much more timely look and feel.
http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Yeah I saw that in the past, but I don't want to play it until it's declared finished and I can be sure that I won't miss anything that will be added after I played it.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
What I understand, the only thing missing is Xen, which is the last part of the game. I'm going to stop when I reach that point. But I follow your sentiment, I've had it in my wish list for a while because of that reason.

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
Is it as satisfying to play as it looks? Any info when it'll come out of early access?

There's a web demo available on their website that you can play around in.

The demo was pretty fun and felt very solid to play, so I'm very tempted to pay for early access. That being said, from their changelog it doesn't seem like it'll come out of early access anytime soon.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Prison Architect is amazing, I wished they'd continue development on it and released more content. Steam Workshop though.
I also have Wolfenstein: The New Order in the pipeline, it was on my wishlist for a few years and this week it was reduced in price heavily. I've also gotten No Man's Sky after again a discount but mainly the content update and Banished. I won't get bored these holidays !