What games are you playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Aibohphobia, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Aibohphobia

Aibohphobia aka James
    Thread Starter Chimera Industries

Mostly BF4 right now for me because I can use it to bench Nova-00. But I'm looking forward to Homeworld Remastered, lots of fond memories of HW1.

Also been enjoying Rimworld, though I still need to start a new colony with the newest alpha.

What about you guys?

2. PlayfulPhoenix

PlayfulPhoenix Just another human
    Site Staff Chimera Industries SFFLAB

Kerbal Space Program. I finally buckled and downloaded it yesterday, and I can't separate myself from it one bit :cool:

I was playing around earlier in the sandbox, and built a rocket that ended up exiting orbit, sending a trio of Kerbalnauts into the abyss. Up until then I had named my crafts Trailblazer I, Trailblazer II, and so forth, but ever since I've been naming them Avenger I, Avenger II... in memory of those who have been lost for science :D

3. Matthew

Matthew Cable Smoosher

Minecraft... so much minecraft...

Also, occasionally Dying Light and Planetside 2.

4. Necere

Necere King of Cable Management
    NCASE Spatial Philanthropist

I just finished The Talos Principle the other day. The puzzles start to feel a little repetitive after a while, but overall a very well made game. Would recommend if you're at all into thinky spatial puzzle games (with a lot of philosophical ruminating thrown in for good measure).

5. QinX

QinX Master of Cramming
    kees

I've been playing Banished and Factorio mostly. Still waiting for GTAV for PC :(

6. rawr

rawr SFF Lingo Aficionado

CS:GO mainly, on my own and with friends. Easy to get sucked in with skins and whatnot... :p

Although I have started to play Nuclear Throne. 20 hours in, I highly recommend it to pretty much anyone. It's in early access, but has incredible depth even at this stage. The devs - Vlambeer - are awesome; they are really open with development and stream themselves making the game weekly on Twitch. A nice way to interact with fans.

7. Wahaha360

Wahaha360 Overhaul
    NCASE SFFLAB Silver Supporter

Still waiting for GTA 5.

8. rawr

I'm being wary of GTA 5. It's been one and a half years, and there are still delays. Full retail price as well, which sucks.

9. PlayfulPhoenix

Ah, I've started playing Payday 2 after a multi-month absence and everything is different :eek: They've had so many updates it's ridiculous.

10. rawr

So, GTA V came out on PC. Apparently Rockstar didn't screw up the port.

woo.

11. Aibohphobia

Aibohphobia aka James

Glad they put up with people complaining about how it was taking so long and did it right. I'll probably pick it up later this year when it's on sale.

12. PlayfulPhoenix

Completely agree. Studios have begun to habitually release terribly buggy games early, and then patch it to where it should have been after the fact. My respect to Rockstar for taking the time make it what it could be - I've never played GTA all that much, but for the first time I'm tempted.

13. Phuncz

Phuncz Lord of the Boards
    Moderator Gold Supporter SFF Purist

I'm having fun with GTA V, although mainly Single Player. GTA Online is basically 70% loading screens 20% YOLO retards and 10% gameplay. Too bad that after completing Single Player, you're not able to do much except explore and sandbox. No missions, mainly grindy stuff like fly under 50 bridges, do 50 stunt jumps, find 60 items, etc. So bummed that GTA Online turned out to be a borefest and Single Player is really over after completing it with no way (that I know of) to restart the storyline.

Occasionally I play Diablo 3 to fill the void too.

14. QinX

QinX Master of Cramming
    kees

I've been playing Factorio again, it's still in development but I love tinkering with the logic and getting stuff from A to B to C to Z.

15. rawr

16. Phuncz

I can't wait ! Fallout 3 (and the others) were very nice games. I can only imagine how Fallout 4 would look with a proper graphics engine.

17. rawr

I am about to cry.
    So long.

18. Aibohphobia

Aibohphobia aka James

Nice, sunk plenty of hours in 3. If it doesn't support VR I may skip it though, all I'd be able to think while playing is "this would be so much cooler in virtual reality" :p

19. Phuncz

Fallout 4 trailer:

Yeah, definitely playing this.

20. Aibohphobia

Aibohphobia aka James

That does look good. I hope the cities are big and populated fully, that's always been lacking in the large open world Bethesda games.