What did you do today?

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
@Aichon
I deal with loss, pain, grief, death and enormous amounts of emotional distress daily due to my work. However, I cannot even begin to imagine your child's loss. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

Reactions: Aichon

Philairflow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 30, 2018
Today was spent at the hospital. Sadly, they weren’t expecting us for another 20 weeks. We got to spend 45 incredible minutes with our newborn daughter. Thankfully that was enough to say goodbye.

I wouldn’t wish a day like this on anyone, but man, was she incredible.

I am just crying now after reading this. This makes me so sad. I am really feeling with you. So sry man.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
@Aichon: There aren't words, man. Please ensure that you and your wife have access to whatever professional counselling you need to help you through this time.

-----

I've been out of town this past week and away from the internet, so I spent today catching up on this site among others.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
@Aichon I've held off saying anything. No words can truly express my sympathy. I'm overjoyed that you had time at all, and yet so tremendously saddened that it had to end. Go forth with a tender heart; allow yourself to heal.

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
Thanks all. My wife and I are very grateful for all of the support we’ve been receiving, and from the sounds of things, we were also very fortunate, since the doctor and nurses were shocked that my wife escaped various complications that are apparently the norm in this situation.

Anyway, today was spent healing. We didn’t wallow. We had lots of good conversations. We “attended” church via streaming instead of our usual habit of attending in person. We got out and walked. We know things will never quite be the same, but life is already starting to resemble something normal again.

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
@Aichon Glad to hear you're both doing well under the circumstances, recently went through a similar situation and it took a lot out of us.

On a more cheerful note, I just finished an interview for a new senior position at a different company today. Think it went well, although I blundered a bit since its not technically my area of concentration but it would be nice to get it. Pretty good chance to learn some new stuff.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
100 cable ties later...

KDC

Caliper Novice
Dec 29, 2017
Spent my day rendering 3D elements for BH6 the series season 1, from home (500 meters from the studio but my espresso machine made me stay at home...) Rendering all cg elements for the entire show with my personal portable rig ( 7900x @ stock in a Dan A4 ) So as one might imagine I'm pushing those temps quite a bit with this kind of workload. For those curios rendering is done with Mental Ray in Maya '16 (for compatibility across studios). Season 1 is almost done and is already being aired, season two is just around the corner.. Going to try a different cooling setup the next few weeks (Dynatron R15 + 3D printed fan adapter + Noctua A12X15) Also still trying to grasp undervolt on x299....
*Edit: Oh! Also also I received my Sharkoon PureWrite TKL today. Nice...

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
On Spring Break, got a lot of work hours this week. That's good; it means I can afford a better wifi card :) for some reason it absolutely struggles even picking up a 2.4gigahertz signal in the same room. Since I'm staying with my folks this week, that might put a damper in my productivity.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Managed to get over to Fry's today, got a portable DVD writer for about $20 :) Swung through the cases section, some were obscenely large of course, but many actually seemed quite small in person. It was nice seeing the tempered glass on a few of the display products too.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Now that my build is almost done, I received the first part of my flight sim gear yesterday and I'm starting to get things working/setup. Exited to be able to fly again after a decade ago I sold all my flight sim gear.
And by the way, it's snowing outside