What did you do today?

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Installed the Quadro P4000 that I won from nvidia, excited to see how it does!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I'm cleaning out older stuff from my apartment, moved a lot of used electronics and accessories, and getting rid of some others (bye bye Prodigy case). In the midst of all the rummaging I found some previously used parts, like a generic pico-like PSU, that could come in handy in testing my new case.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Naively looked for a new rig ... 400 euros for a GTX1060 6GB, 700 euros for a GTX1070 (non-ti) ... 200+ euros for 2x 8GB DDR4 ... T.T ... will wait.
Yeah at the moment I wouldn't buy new anytime soon, I'd rather look at a recent second-hand one of someone that didn't notice the price hike.

I am with you both on that. Still considering a Raven Ridge based system as the total cost would be $688.07 CAD for the necassary parts. That said, I'm porbably better off getting a Nintendo Switch as it's cheaper, more portable, and I spend more time researching that than the computer.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($237.28 @ Memory Express)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI (rev. 1.0) Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($158.18 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($143.49 @ PC-Canada)
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX6000 128GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($79.08 @ Memory Express)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 300W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular Flex ATX Power Supply ($70.04 @ PC-Canada)
Total: $688.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-02-25 20:14 EST-0500

Went to family get together. Ate, chatted, and enjoyed myself. Studying up on Ruby programming using Ruby Koans.

Last edited:

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Started work on a 3d printable "case". Not really a case, takes some inspiration from Duniek's PurePC and LukeD's Orthrus. Decided to drop my switch hybrid concept until I can figure out a nice way to do it, but I need something to house my new pc.

Also as a teaser.... I just impulse bought a CR-10 mini 3d printer, a 2.5 watt engraving laser, and an ER11 set for a whopping $540 shipped... Needed a printer that was bigger than my ANET A8 and the rest was because of a recent post I made in the 3d printer thread, figured Id pull the trigger and try it out... you know, for science.

e -- Mini, not regular CR-10.

Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I finished configuring my Sublime Text install, been post-poning it for way too long. Here is the list of plugins I installed:
  • Package Control: A must-have package manager
  • Colorsublime: Color theme browser/installer
  • Origami: Pane/window splitter à la emacs/vim
  • SublimeCodeIntel: Smart autocompletion
  • TerminalView: Terminal inside Sublime Text 3

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Applied as an extra for a show the people wouldn't say the name of, organized my computer desk, and started compiling everything I need spec-sheet wise for the FreeCad tutorials.

Also I signed up for FloatPlane, and set up version control for my Unity game. Radian is next to get that treatment, after the tutorials get better fleshed out. I'm fairly certain that I'll be using MkDocs for the tutorial series, but we'll see - I've just got a domain that's been sitting with nothing on it is all.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Gave 21 days notice to vacate my tenancy - moving in to my dad's house to help support him after his partner moves into a care home for Alzheimers. Big upheaval for my children and myself, but it may end up benefiting us. We'll see.

Moved about a third of our stuff today. It's a challenge moving a lot of this stuff by yourself - my kids are only 8 and 9 years old - they aren't as strong as I! Also, due to delays in various care systems, my dad's partner isn't moving into a care home yet, so I'm sleeping on a couch, with no privacy effectively, for 2-4 weeks.

Will be moving another third tomorrow and then the rest will trickle out as next week progresses. I hand keys back on the 9th.

Thus, expect my content production to be sporadic for a short while (a month or so). Sorry!

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Moved about a third of our stuff today. It's a challenge moving a lot of this stuff by yourself - my kids are only 8 and 9 years old - they aren't as strong as I! Also, due to delays in various care systems, my dad's partner isn't moving into a care home yet, so I'm sleeping on a couch, with no privacy effectively, for 2-4 weeks.

Will be moving another third tomorrow and then the rest will trickle out as next week progresses. I hand keys back on the 9th.

Thus, expect my content production to be sporadic for a short while (a month or so). Sorry!
Good luck bro !

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
EDIT: And then I found out that our first child who's on the way will be a daughter. :D
Today was spent at the hospital. Sadly, they weren’t expecting us for another 20 weeks. We got to spend 45 incredible minutes with our newborn daughter. Thankfully that was enough to say goodbye.

I wouldn’t wish a day like this on anyone, but man, was she incredible.

Reactions: HeroXLazer