What did you do today?

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I got a 4690k for my test bench. I'm trying to see how high it can go to keep stable. Last night I had a soccer match so I didn't test it much, but it was running at 4.2ghz @ 1.173v stable this morning. I'm trying to be a bit cautious because it's on an Asus B85M-Gamer motherboard and I didn't have the best of luck with two G3258's I tried on it before, getting to 4.5ghz took around 1.285v. On a side note its about the limit for an NH-L9x65 with stock fan. It was hitting 88C at 4.2ghz & 1.173v.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Tore down my rig and built it back up - wanted to play with the risers I had on hand but couldn't get anything workable as a long-term solution. I also need to resolder my leads on the power switch, since they couldn't endure the handing it took to get them situated nicely. I also put together a parts list to get my internally water-cooled S4 build up and running in the short term, but investing $50 in more gear with a single, temporary purpose doesn't feel right. I'd rather wait until I can obtain a proper riser and route my hardline tubing. That course might involve some 3D Printing, we'll see.

Oh, and if I can find a few minutes to not feel overwhelmed by my projects, I'll move Radian into prototyping phase. My 3D Printer has been dormant for entirely too long.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Been thinking of messing with the Ryzen 2200G since it came out and found this instead..

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Quad Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler

• SKU: 707018
  • Condition: Open Box
  • Transaction #: 71-WP-9859262
  • Quantity: 1
  • Price Each: 135.9600
  • Total Price: $135.96
Love living close to a Microcenter but my wallet weeps from time to time. I do need a mobo now but have all the rest lying around to make a build.

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Totally bombed my trig test, so that sucked. None of my other classes have a test right after spring break, but still. Should have been more prepared, and I would have if I'd realized it was today.

Aside from that, I managed to get my 3D Printer calibrated while I was still unaware of the test I needed to take. I also made steak. And coffee. I guess it puts things in perspective when stuff I should be able to view fondly just gives me a twinge of regret.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Had to uninstall a recent update on a few of our servers at work, it was causing random BSODs about memory management. Thanks Microsoft, I love that you gave us the ability to do our own QA. Because we have plenty of time for this.

Last edited:

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
No internet?! It's over, boys!

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Slowly but surely I'm working on the FreeCad tutorials, and I've gotten a fair amount of modeling done today. I started with the more difficult kind of case to design, and if the 80/20 rule holds true then the rest of the design should come along quickly. And the rest of the tutorials after that. The most time-consuming thing is having to work through the design process the first time just to validate the final product and take notes on not only what I'm doing but why I'm doing it, plus the handful of things you can't do and their reasons. Not to mention little quirks within the program. Also, establishing conventions and processes to make the workflow more efficient is equally as important, taking a fair amount of time too.

I'm being tight-lipped about them intentionally because I don't want to over-promise and under-deliver. Hopefully, those of you that have expressed interest can bear with me.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
today I wake up from a dream where I was helping a friend build a pc
and the case had the size of a medium sized dog house it was hilarious how the case took half of the room and I didn't bat an eye during it
I had to use so many cable extensions.........

I could say it was one of my first sff nightmare

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Managed to convince someone to ride with me to MRRF in the suicide machine I call a car lol. Couldn't get my lady to come with me, but an old high school buddy was willing to ride shotgun through the coming winter storm haha. Only able to stay Saturday but I need the mini-vacation with how lifes been going.

D

DelUser6216

Y'know, I may not be super cool like you guys but I too have problems. I dropped my 2'' subwoofer that was 30 dollars from ebay on the hardwood floor and it fractured... which gave me a panic attack about death and the likes of people I love dying analogous to said incident. The subwoofer doesn't work anymore. Now I have to return it and see whether the ebay guys (stubborn really) will gloss over the minute crack or give me the angry emoji. Or buy a new one and cut my losses. But ho ho, life does not induce any reality-shattering problems yet.

Rip Tang Band subwoofer.

I've also been listening to M83, their first self-titled album, Digital Shades No 1., and Before the Dawn Heals Us.

Last edited by a moderator: