What did you do today?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
(Re)transferred files onto my SSD and installed my new RAM. :) lost my latest Skyrim save because I reformatted and forgot to back it up. Thankfully I had one that was from 12 hours playtime prior. Otherwise, I think I have everything on the SSD now. Yay! Feels snappy but I've had some weird stuttering going on.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Stuff like that is why I switched to a backup program that does hourly incremental backups (and daily differentials).
Still want to find a good program that offers actual continuous protection since I store backups on the network, so there's no bandwidth issues I'd have with a cloud backup.

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
Been spending the day daydreaming of keyboard layouts, and prepping to play the latest patch of Escape From Tarkov! Excited to try it out...

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Still want to find a good program that offers actual continuous protection since I store backups on the network, so there's no bandwidth issues I'd have with a cloud backup.
If you can tolerate the configuration bureaucracy then Bacula is a fantastic backup platform that supports Windows, Mac, Linux & BSD's. Its super modular & rock solid. That being said configuration isnt for the feint of heart.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Today at work (call centre) was okay although the last call made me miss the 1st bus on my commute home. Had one call that hit me hard in the feels. Last two days of the week will be split between both jobs.

Also, no buying parts for Full Circle yet. Prices are higher than expected and the Boxing Day sales weren't appealing.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I did the same thing last year. After I finished my son said “I liked the beard more, grow it back.” Cheeky bugger.

Thankfully my two didn't do that! I went and got a haircut too, so now i look about a decade younger. (Insert age related joke here.)

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
I did the same thing last year. After I finished my son said “I liked the beard more, grow it back.” Cheeky bugger.

Thankfully my two didn't do that! I went and got a haircut too, so now i look about a decade younger. (Insert age related joke here.)
Thankfully, my younger siblings like my facial hair. Thing is, whether or not I shave, I could pass for a high-schooler, literally.

Today was productive. I continued working on the content for the new site at my IT job. I bought my peripherals to my call centre job to show a colleague of mine. Unfortunately, I forgot my keyboard when leaving to come home. The first bus was on time (21:00 sharp) so my other colleague and I had to walk to get the second bus that we take. I then had to wait for the next third bus since the driver of the third bus did not wait for the anyone on the second bus. Oh well, got more egg nog.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Did some more work on the upcoming MJOLNIR I mini-ITX website...web design sure takes forever. Tip to all who are looking to start designing websites: If you want to rush and make things quickly; better leave it to another day when you're less busy, otherwise you're probably going to make a lot of mistakes and have to redo everything anyway.

Talking about beards, I forgot to adjust the length settings on my trimmer today...now I'm at 0.4mm...NOOOO XDXD

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Did some more work on the upcoming MJOLNIR I mini-ITX website...web design sure takes forever. Tip to all who are looking to start designing websites: If you want to rush and make things quickly; better leave it to another day when you're less busy, otherwise you're probably going to make a lot of mistakes and have to redo everything anyway.

Talking about beards, I forgot to adjust the length settings on my trimmer today...now I'm at 0.4mm...NOOOO XDXD
DItto on the web design. So much to take into consideration and then, more improvements!

Today was a good day. Continued working on the website and the content for it at my IT job. Got paid for the past two months work. Ran into an issue with email that I resolved for now while planning a comprehensive solution. I now have to draft an invoice for those two months work. Pretty chill at the call centre job. Changed my availability for the new year to cut down on idle time between both jobs. Had to walk again in the cold for the second bus and made it home faster. Now to go get that Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Made a desk light! It's one of the Philips Hue 2M strips, inside a cheapo extrusion with a 30° lens. Fantastic in that it lets you work on things with your hands blocking only a very minimal amount of light, without having to change the position an array of anglepoise-style lamps whenever you reposition something.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Cleaned up part of my room, did the laundry, and hung out with my best friend. Now running cost/performance numbers for various parts of Full Circle. Currently looking at the Ryzen 5 1600X vs the Ryzen 7 1700X. Up to 25% better performance (in compute tasks) for ~28% more money? Hmmmm.

Last edited: