What did you do today?

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Today I started to watch One punch man on my brand new Netflix subscription.

Just about died laughing!

Glad that it made you day XD. I'll never understand why "state of apartment" are 10 times stricter when moving out that whrn you move in.

They never takes pictures not measure nor count defect when moving in, but when you tell them that the "small" crack didn't increase insize they reply to you "it's subject to interpretation". Seriously .......

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Today I started to watch One punch man on my brand new Netflix subscription.

Glad that it made you day XD. I'll never understand why "state of apartment" are 10 times stricter when moving out that whrn you move in.

They never takes pictures not measure nor count defect when moving in, but when you tell them that the "small" crack didn't increase insize they reply to you "it's subject to interpretation". Seriously .......

I believe that is just another "profit" tactic...

Reactions: Biowarejak

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I think my mental state is going whacko:

me a few months ago: OH GOD THE MESHIFY C IS BIGGER THAN I THOUGHT AND SO IS EVERYTHING ELSE WITHIN THIS SYSTEM

me right now: (slaps top of 4U tower server) this thing has great proportions

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Next week I'll pick up another 4U unit (this time with 2 first-gen Xeons). Wish me luck in my landlord not throwing me out! :D
By now I have a 1U, a 4U, and in a week I'll have another 4U. Now would be a good time to leave this forum ;).

Also, I'm RSSed into this site now! Yaaay!

(my notifications show 20 new notifications rn...

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Bspwm didn't work for me either, I guess I'll try awesome then. On the other hand, Vim configs are fun and easy... So....
Ouch. I hope that you do find one that works for you.

Cherry linear greys on a Poker II PCB. Gateron black on grey PBT's. KBDfans tofu case.
Noice.

Finally got my Planck programmed more or less how I'd like. Typing on it right now. Will post a review of it this week I hope. Going to install Arch Linux on my desktop and then do a write-up on it.

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
My SteelSeries Arctis 7 wireless headset arrived Friday, plugged in over the weekend & working great, mic wasn't working initially but had to re-sync to the wireless unit (even though they said it was synced out-of-the-box). Prior to this arriving I had tried repeatedly to get SLAM soundboard working in CS:GO on standard headphones but to no avail... lo and behold, now with the full headphones/mic setup it's working. There must be a specific code in SLAM that requires a mic to be active in Windows for it to work properly. Time for some in-game shenanigans / lulz (insert trollface pic here).

Also received my 2 Thermalright 92mm fans from Thehack's shop, one of which I'll place in my current S4 rig over the LP53 copper heatsink (the other I'll keep spare for the next build). Hanging out for the custom G-Unique power kit, then the 2tb SSD, then the build will finally be complete and I can ditch all the Nintendo Wii-U gear currently sitting next to my build, and get my Dolphin and CemU emulation up and running for my 2 young'uns.

Reactions: Soul_Est

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Started Vivaldi setup within Linux because yay. Attempted to get Forza 6 Apex (I think???). Turns out you need a Microsoft account. F*** Microsoft. I'll save up for Kerbal Space Program, then.

Off to do some homework for a test tomorrow. Then to use the hell outta FreeCAD.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Ouch. I hope that you do find one that works for you.

Noice.

Finally got my Planck programmed more or less how I'd like. Typing on it right now. Will post a review of it this week I hope. Going to install Arch Linux on my desktop and then do a write-up on it.
Installed Manjaro (Openbox) on Full Circle and I like some things about it but I dislike many (Why do I need TLP installed on a desktop machine?). I am still having issues with the system locking up when compiling which was what I got the 2700X for in the first place!

Also received my 2 Thermalright 92mm fans from Thehack's shop, one of which I'll place in my current S4 rig over the LP53 copper heatsink (the other I'll keep spare for the next build). Hanging out for the custom G-Unique power kit, then the 2tb SSD, then the build will finally be complete and I can ditch all the Nintendo Wii-U gear currently sitting next to my build, and get my Dolphin and CemU emulation up and running for my 2 young'uns.
Just got CEMU installed and tested out BOTW using the triple-core recompiler. Still grinning every time I think of it.

Started Vivaldi setup within Linux because yay. Attempted to get Forza 6 Apex (I think???). Turns out you need a Microsoft account. F*** Microsoft. I'll save up for Kerbal Space Program, then.

Off to do some homework for a test tomorrow. Then to use the hell outta FreeCAD.
I have those same sentiments every time I'm at work. Everyone please back up your files before updating to 1809 as the process has been known to delete files in user library folders. How did you get FreeCAD installed? My system keeps locking up when I try building it or its dependencies.

At work right now and getting used to the Planck with the Workman layout. It's coming along. Still contemplating the current parts in Full Circle given the issues that I'm having with it.

Reactions: el01 and br3nd0

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Installed Manjaro (Openbox) on Full Circle and I like some things about it but I dislike many (Why do I need TLP installed on a desktop machine?). I am still having issues with the system locking up when compiling which was what I got the 2700X for in the first place!

Just got CEMU installed and tested out BOTW using the triple-core recompiler. Still grinning every time I think of it.

I have those same sentiments every time I'm at work. Everyone please back up your files before updating to 1809 as the process has been known to delete files in user library folders. How did you get FreeCAD installed? My system keeps locking up when I try building it or its dependencies.

At work right now and getting used to the Planck with the Workman layout. It's coming along. Still contemplating the current parts in Full Circle given the issues that I'm having with it.
I'm a noob, so I have it installed on Windows. I'm running Linux within a VM because I'm a pleb ;)

Manjaro has treated me great so far. I'll do some trying with FreeCAD later today.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Install Archlinux, @Soul_Est. Also, what do you use your Plank for ? Did programming with it ? I'm interested in such a small keyboard for Dev purpose.
I am using it for regular work actually. I find it more comfortable than my Anne Pro.

I'm a noob, so I have it installed on Windows. I'm running Linux within a VM because I'm a pleb ;)

Manjaro has treated me great so far. I'll do some trying with FreeCAD later today.
Ah okay. I am going to see if Arch Linux works without locking up the machine.

Reactions: el01

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I am using it for regular work actually. I find it more comfortable than my Anne Pro.

Ah okay. I am going to see if Arch Linux works without locking up the machine.
https://mandeep7.wordpress.com/2016/03/30/compiling-freecad-from-source-on-arch-linux/

This might work better... Maybe it's an issue with your Manjaro install specifically?

Also, I'm updating to 1809 soon, and to circumvent issues, I'll copy my documents to my "AMD Drivers" folder. There. Problem solved.

;)

EDIT: Windows is acting up again. This time it won't show windows on top of windows after I close VirtualBox and if I have Chrome open.

Also, first major dent on ThinkPad. A bit of plastic on side corner was taken off. Press F.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Did some very basic benchmarking of the 2080Ti vs. 1080Ti for VR using FCAT*. For things already comfortable within the 11ms limit there is little change, but start pushing things and the difference is dramatic. e.g. Raw Data where 2xSS would be completely in ASW on the 1080ti is damn near rock solid on the 2080Ti without ASW.

*99% fighting with Python trying to convince it that it does indeed have permission to write to a file in its own directory (which I could only tell by recording the screen and framestepping to see the split second of degug log in the insta-closing command window), a file that I explicitly set full permissions to to all users, a file that it should be able to access anyway with Python run as admin, to the point I gave up and edited FCAT Analyser to just not be able to write to the config file in the first place.
I'd rather debug Visual Basic than deal with Python.

me right now: (slaps top of 4U tower server)
This bad boy can fit so many SFF systems!

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Was sorting my garage and found my long since forgotten arcade stick prototype. It's about time to finish it.

I'm using parts from my donor XArcade two players arcade stick. I'm planning to use Sanwa parts for the final version.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
https://mandeep7.wordpress.com/2016/03/30/compiling-freecad-from-source-on-arch-linux/

This might work better... Maybe it's an issue with your Manjaro install specifically?

Also, I'm updating to 1809 soon, and to circumvent issues, I'll copy my documents to my "AMD Drivers" folder. There. Problem solved.

;)

EDIT: Windows is acting up again. This time it won't show windows on top of windows after I close VirtualBox and if I have Chrome open.

Also, first major dent on ThinkPad. A bit of plastic on side corner was taken off. Press F.
F for your ThinkPad.

Didn't try Manjaro, but installing Freecad on my Archlinux was very easy.

You might be interested by this:

That was very informative. Thank you.

just a heads up, this has been happening w/ Solus as of late. They seem to be pushing forwards regardless but worth thinking about potential implications if your planning to install it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SolusProject/comments/9fklcs/wheres_ikey/
That is fine. I'll try it out if I have any more problems with Arch Linux.