Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

Narbles

Chassis Packer
Jul 25, 2020
Make sure that the bent piece in the top left of the front panel is going under the little tab that is part of the motherboard tray. It should be easier to insert it if you tilt the front panel and insert it at the top first.
I get what you mean but the metal flat out doesn't line up with itself. If I try to put the front panel in top first the bottom doesn't line up and there's enough of a gap to where you can't just push it in and if I put the bottom in first the top left piece of metal gets stuck on part of the motherboard tray.

kroken

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2019
Hmm, actually:

So maybe the EVGA XC3 Black would be the right card for a Velka 7?
Might yes.

Looks like Asus is working on something too:

"We have even more GeForce RTX 30-series graphics cards in the works, including a handy Turbo design that exhausts hot air directly from cases. It’s perfect for small-form-factor builds or enclosures that can use a helping hand in keeping system temperatures in check. Stay tuned."

But the EVGA looks good too, just need those specs confirmed, it's bad I can't pre-order at the moment

Narbles

Chassis Packer
Jul 25, 2020
Narbles, that doesn't look right...
I took more pictures after taking the whole thing apart and removing the motherboard tray. Unfortunately, since the case is so new, there aren't other images to cross-reference, but the piece where the top of the panel is supposed to meet the case is bent out of shape, and it isn't physically possible to unbend in the right direction. In the first picture, you can see there's only one screw because the only way to put the front panel back on was by removing the top-left bracket altogether, but by doing so, there's no way to screw that side into the case.

Here's an Imgur album if anybody who possibly has the case could provide their thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Bear in mind, the spot with the metal piece came scrapped like that. It isn't because I was frigging with it. I just assumed since it isn't visible once the panels are all on, it isn't a big deal.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Any estimate again when the Velka 3 will be available? Hoping for a pre order or something.

I can accept a pre-order starting probably less than a week from now if you want guaranteed availability and are patient. My guess would be December for final shipping based on the time the previous batch took. In this kind of environment, I can only share my guess as opposed to even giving an estimate.

@Narbles It looks like you need a replacement part. Can you contact me over email with your order number?

newbiee

Chassis Packer
Sep 12, 2019
I can accept a pre-order starting probably less than a week from now if you want guaranteed availability and are patient. My guess would be December for final shipping based on the time the previous batch took. In this kind of environment, I can only share my guess as opposed to even giving an estimate.

@Narbles It looks like you need a replacement part. Can you contact me over email with your order number?

That would be a great Christmas present for myself! I can wait, I'm becoming desperate to get my hands on it.

jpark113

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020

I’d be happy for a pre-order as well.

IratherPC

Cable Smoosher
May 13, 2020
I took more pictures after taking the whole thing apart and removing the motherboard tray. Unfortunately, since the case is so new, there aren't other images to cross-reference, but the piece where the top of the panel is supposed to meet the case is bent out of shape, and it isn't physically possible to unbend in the right direction. In the first picture, you can see there's only one screw because the only way to put the front panel back on was by removing the top-left bracket altogether, but by doing so, there's no way to screw that side into the case.

Here's an Imgur album if anybody who possibly has the case could provide their thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Bear in mind, the spot with the metal piece came scrapped like that. It isn't because I was frigging with it. I just assumed since it isn't visible once the panels are all on, it isn't a big deal.
That can definitely be fixed.

revo175

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2020
I made a thermal example video as people were asking for it. I show noise, utilization, and temperatures with 2080 FE and Ryzen 2700. Running Red Dead 2 maxed out and Rust.

Would you say it is louder than your previous setup?

You can hear some noise when the mic is really close to the case, otherwise I couldn't hear anything.

Wenzell

Cable Smoosher
Aug 3, 2020
just received and finished the build. Took about 4 hours or so to complete the build.

overall extremely satisfied with the case. takes up the same width as my old node 202 but significantly less depth and height

thank you!

Reactions: revo175

revo175

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2020
just received and finished the build. Took about 4 hours or so to complete the build.

overall extremely satisfied with the case. takes up the same width as my old node 202 but significantly less depth and height

thank you!
4 Hours seems to be the average, pretty crazy I thought it would be a lot faster than that.