Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

Velka3Plz

Case Bender
New User
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah I was thinking that same but I'm not sure how @micheal is doing his inventory, is it sold when it hits X number of carts or when the order goes through? I.e do we actually have some stock reserved in our carts?

CatHands94

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 4, 2020
I'm pretty sure I managed to buy one. Checked the website at 12:05, was able to see "add to cart" at the time and then checked to see if my credit card got charged and it was. Excited!

fury

Cable Smoosher
Jan 10, 2020
Finally. Been trying to get this thing ordered for months... thankful that I had already signed up and filled my account info in, and thankful that the PayPal debit card gods decided to allow the transaction to go through.

Velka 3 + 7660B

now to order some parts to put in it!

Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro mini itx
Noctua NH-L9A
970 Evo Plus 2tb
Corsair LPX 2x16gb 3600

Already got a Gigabyte 2070 mini itx and a spare Ryzen 7 3800x to throw in there until Zen 3 hits the desktop...

Almost overkill.

Wonder how long we'll be waiting for an RTX 30 series mini ITX?

Reactions: Dayum_Son

Brandon86

Trash Compacter
Feb 15, 2017
Finally. Been trying to get this thing ordered for months... thankful that I had already signed up and filled my account info in, and thankful that the PayPal debit card gods decided to allow the transaction to go through.

Velka 3 + 7660B

now to order some parts to put in it!

Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro mini itx
Noctua NH-L9A
970 Evo Plus 2tb
Corsair LPX 2x16gb 3600

Already got a Gigabyte 2070 mini itx and a spare Ryzen 7 3800x to throw in there until Zen 3 hits the desktop...

Almost overkill.

Wonder how long we'll be waiting for an RTX 30 series mini ITX?
Not that long, Zotac already has a short card listed on their website. Not purchasable yet but, the pics are promising.

Brandon86

Trash Compacter
Feb 15, 2017
So, quick question, if your card already has the pending charge AND you ordered within 20 seconds of getting the email from Velkase ( due to pre-logged in and saved CC data), does that mean I'm getting one nowish or am I just part of the next pre-order group for Mid-October? I'll be a little upset if I'm waiting again.......
Order status says Pending on website. Just not sure what that means lol

kroken

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2019
So, quick question, if your card already has the pending charge AND you ordered within 20 seconds of getting the email from Velkase ( due to pre-logged in and saved CC data), does that mean I'm getting one nowish or am I just part of the next pre-order group for Mid-October? I'll be a little upset if I'm waiting again.......
Order status says Pending on website. Just not sure what that means lol

If you placed the order when button was "Add to Cart" you are not in the pre-order group. I have the same status "Pending" so i guess we are just waiting for our orders to be fullfilled by merchant. Would be great if he could confirm though :)

Reactions: Brandon86

Fueled By Yams

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
If you placed the order when button was "Add to Cart" you are not in the pre-order group. I have the same status "Pending" so i guess we are just waiting for our orders to be fullfilled by merchant. Would be great if he could confirm though :)
Ok good, I should be in that group then. I hope he can confirm, but I'm sure he's grinding right now to fulfill the onslaught of orders he just got.

Dofu

Efficiency Noob
Aug 16, 2020
Does anyone know what to do with the rubber ring? When I reached the power button step it says secure it without the rubber ring.

Brandon86

Trash Compacter
Feb 15, 2017
Ok good, I should be in that group then. I hope he can confirm, but I'm sure he's grinding right now to fulfill the onslaught of orders he just got.
Nice, let's hope we both are! Yeah Michael is definitely swamped right now. I wouldn't expect any action on the forum from him for a few days, which is totally understandable.

Last edited:

kroken

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2019
Nice, let's hope we both are! Yeah Michael is definitely swamped right now. I wouldn't expect any action on the forum from him for a few days, which is totally understandable.

Yeah lets hope for the best! at least my order confirmation by email states "placed on September 5, 2020 at 11:00 AM CT)" i think i was within seconds lol

Narbles

Chassis Packer
Jul 25, 2020
Anyone else who got their Velka 7 having issues with the front panel? The piece at the top where it is supposed to snap into place is bent and I can't get it back on.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Anyone else who got their Velka 7 having issues with the front panel? The piece at the top where it is supposed to snap into place is bent and I can't get it back on.

Make sure that the bent piece in the top left of the front panel is going under the little tab that is part of the motherboard tray. It should be easier to insert it if you tilt the front panel and insert it at the top first.

It's also possible to make fine adjustments to the position of those bent pieces on the front panel by loosening and re-tightening the screws that attach them to the front panel. You could make the fit a little bit more loose that way.

I will confirm soon

With 2-slot cards becoming more and more rare, would you consider making a 3-slot Velka 7, @VELKASE Michael? Call it a Velka 9 ;)

Some vertical case with 3 slot support, yes, but probably not with the same exact layout because the current structure would make it inefficient with space.

Does anyone know what to do with the rubber ring? When I reached the power button step it says secure it without the rubber ring.

It's not needed

Is there any way to know after I order? Since I'm pretty sure it was add to cart when it became in stock again for some time.

I'll let you know soon

Reactions: SashaLag

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
I assume there's no chance to fit a 2.2 slot card into the Velka 7? I imagine a traditional fan design would be better thermally for a 3080, but the smallest non-Founders card (EVGA XC3) is 2.2 slots.

kroken

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2019
2.2 slot? I thought it was only 2 or 3. So does this mean velka 7 is no use for 3080? It says 43 mm but Would be good to have this confirmed please.

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
Founders Edition is 2 slot, but it has a weird cooler that might not be great (thermally speaking) with the case. Nobody has definitive answers yet.