Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

kic2807

Cable Smoosher
Feb 12, 2020
Also of note it seems the fan setup for the Founder Editions will mean half of the exhaust air will be shot into the middle of the case the the end of the GPU and general Motherboards will meet, my Mobo has a back mounted m.2 so that will basically be like bacon in an oven with a 3080 in a V7
we might be able to flip the card for velka 7 since it uses extension cables anyway

btw, i received tracking number few hours ago! can’t wait

MaxBurnout

Caliper Novice
Jun 27, 2020
we might be able to flip the card for velka 7 since it uses extension cables anyway

btw, i received tracking number few hours ago! can’t wait
Likewise just got my shipping info 5 minutes ago, I wonder what the origin location is, thinking of actually delivery time hahaha

kic2807

Cable Smoosher
Feb 12, 2020
Does anyone know where i can buy pcie 4 riser cable to use with rtx 3000 series? My mb is asus strix x570 gaming-i. I tried searching but only see nvme to pcie 3 cables.

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
I can definitely stick it out quite a bit longer with my 1080ti. I think it would be unwise to pull the trigger on a 3080 before even a big navi paper launch. granted the pcb size of those cards would be pretty sweet to water cool, which is what I will be doing either way.

kic2807

Cable Smoosher
Feb 12, 2020
I can definitely stick it out quite a bit longer with my 1080ti. I think it would be unwise to pull the trigger on a 3080 before even a big navi paper launch. granted the pcb size of those cards would be pretty sweet to water cool, which is what I will be doing either way.
There’s a rumor that supply will be very limited until next year. I’m just trying to get it first and think later. Plus navi will be pcie 4 as well if I heard it correctly

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Does anyone know where i can buy pcie 4 riser cable to use with rtx 3000 series? My mb is asus strix x570 gaming-i. I tried searching but only see nvme to pcie 3 cables.

Linkup has some gen 4 cables that are physically compatible (in the sense that they are possible to install into the case) but it's also likely that it wouldn't be able to operate at gen 4 speeds in the Velkas under high heat. I would recommend using the included gen 3 cable until they release a more resilient version of their riser.

They say height is “2 slot”
So height of a 2 slot is supposed to be around 36mm, and a 2.2 slot at 42mm. Doing pixel math it also seems the 3080 is below the 43mm max height of a V7

So pending official confirmation 3080 fits in V7 but not a V5

It looks like the reference 3070 should fit into both the VK-5 and VK-7, and the reference 3080 should fit into the VK-7.

Reactions: kic2807

MaxBurnout

Caliper Novice
Jun 27, 2020
The constant tease of just around the corner ETAs and then last minute satisfying deadlines or otherwise falling through is really frustrating. Like right now shipping label was made the last day of planned window, but still does not seem to have been shipped, just label created at least for mine. All the micro delays keep adding up and make me :(

this is just general customer experience feedback and having said that I do believe this to be the best SFF case on the market and hopefully this process will be better with time :)

Last edited:
Reactions: revo175

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
The constant tease of just around the corner ETAs and then last minute satisfying deadlines or otherwise falling through is really frustrating. Like right now shipping label was made the last day of planned window, but still does not seem to have been shipped, just label created at least for mine. All the micro delays keep adding up and make me :(

this is just general customer experience feedback and having said that I do believe this to be the best SFF case on the market and hopefully this process will be better with time :)

There is always going to be some delay between the tracking information being first uploaded and the package physically shipping. After the tracking information is uploaded, the package just needs to be picked up by the carrier. All have been picked up now so the tracking status should update soon. Ideally, this would have been done a day earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxBurnout

kic2807

Cable Smoosher
Feb 12, 2020
There is always going to be some delay between the tracking information being first uploaded and the package physically shipping. After the tracking information is uploaded, the package just needs to be picked up by the carrier. All have been picked up now so the tracking status should update soon. Ideally, this would have been done a day earlier.
Mine’s been just updated few hours ago and according to ups it’s expected to be delivered by next tuesday to Korea. Can’t wait!

Reactions: MaxBurnout

evenather

Chassis Packer
Oct 6, 2019
Would this PCIe risers fit in a previous gen Velka 5 or current Velka 7?

kroken

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2019
Hello, would a velka 5 or 7 be sufficent for a 3090 and 9900+ or similar? Im know DAN will do but its slightly bigger and i would like to keep it as small as i can, im concerned with the CPU coolers for Velka 5, seems to be very limited in height and whats on market.. Any recommendations are highly appreciated.

Last edited:

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
Hello, would a velka 5 or 7 be sufficent for a 3090 and 9900+ or similar? Im know DAN will do but its slightly bigger and i would like to keep it as small as i can, im concerned with the CPU coolers for Velka 5, seems to be very limited in height and whats on market.. Any recommendations are highly appreciated.
no way. the 3090 is way too big for any Velka.

MaxBurnout

Caliper Novice
Jun 27, 2020
no way. the 3090 is way too big for any Velka.
Yea the 3080 barely fits V7, and on that note will need some funky adjustments because of its weird fan flow. I was gunna reverse the PSU so it’s fan sucks from the 3080 FE, instead of the back of the PSU blocking 60% of that fans air lol

Narbles

Chassis Packer
Jul 25, 2020
Did anyone get shipping updates on their orders? Mine has been sitting on "Pre-Shipment" since it was created at 12AM....