Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
Is there a way to install the Scythe Kozuti on Velka 3? It is just 3mm away from the official height support :\
If not, is the Noctua Nh-l9 still the best cpu cooler option?

If the last Velka 3 was any indication, 37mm is pretty strict. Your CPU coolers would be limited to:

Noctua L9 A/I - 37mm
Jonsbo HP-400 (4 Heatpipes) - 36mm
ID Cooling IS-30 - 30mm
Zalman CNPS2X Coolers - 27mm
Reeven Vanxie - 34mm

Some people said Metalfish Z39 fits in at 39mm, but I have one coming to check on that.

These are the easily attenable ones.There are others like Dynatron, but might be harder to obtain.

I'm thinking the Jonsbo HP-400 would probably be the best once you replace the fan, since it gives an extra 1mm of space to reduce turbulence noise as well.

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
Thank you both for the info!
Just one more thing: if a 37mm limit is considered, what is the distance between the top of the cpu cooler and the side panel? Because the Kozuti should require less distance for turbulence noise, as the fan is located below the heatsink. But maybe still not enough to fit it, I might test the Hp400 too...

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
Just one more thing: if a 37mm limit is considered, what is the distance between the top of the cpu cooler and the side panel? Because the Kozuti should require less distance for turbulence noise, as the fan is located below the heatsink. But maybe still not enough to fit it, I might test the Hp400 too...

I've tested HP400 vs Noctua L9A before, but I am going to test again. I got a new 3950X chip that I wanna test to see which one is the best.
I have a HP400, Metalfish Z39, and a Noctua L9A on order and coming. :3

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018

The clearance is 37 mm so there would be no space left above a 37 mm cooler

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Where the PSUs shipping the 7th or 24th? Was confused with the update

They are ready to ship now so any new orders for just a power supply will ship immediately. If you have placed an order for just a power supply before that update, you should have received an email from me.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Is there any room on the top or the bottom of velka 7 for 60~90mm fans? I won't be using any ssds

There are no mounts. There is some space in this green area underneath the graphics card for fans if you attach them flat against the side panel. Your graphics card clearance would be (case clearance) - 6 mm - (fan diameter). There might also be some space in this blue area behind the graphics card for 30 or 40 mm fans.

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
There are no mounts. There is some space in this green area underneath the graphics card for fans if you attach them flat against the side panel. Your graphics card clearance would be (case clearance) - 6 mm - (fan diameter). There might also be some space in this blue area behind the graphics card for 30 or 40 mm fans.

I'm assuming that blue space is also going to be the best place to add bulkhead fittings?

ggabriele3

Cable Smoosher
Dec 28, 2019
I wonder if I've painted myself into a corner using the Velka 3.
Seems like immediately after I bought it, the best mini GPUs were discontinued, and I'm on a 1080 mini. Haven't heard any news about the next gen GPUs having mini variants any time soon.

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
Hi folks! New to the SFF scene. I was looking to upgrade my Aorus 1080 Gaming Box eGPU (3.3L) to the 2080 Ti Gaming Box (7.3L), but then I realized you could actually just build a 2080 Ti gaming PC that's quite a bit smaller. (Size is the biggest factor for me since I intend to travel with this case.) I was wondering: is the Velka 5 the only ~5L or smaller full-length case available? (Seems there's also the ZS-A4S, but I don't think it's in production anymore.)

Reactions: Zadok24

aaaadrian

Caliper Novice
Aug 18, 2020
Hi folks! New to the SFF scene. I was looking to upgrade my Aorus 1080 Gaming Box eGPU (3.3L) to the 2080 Ti Gaming Box (7.3L), but then I realized you could actually just build a 2080 Ti gaming PC that's quite a bit smaller. (Size is the biggest factor for me since I intend to travel with this case.) I was wondering: is the Velka 5 the only ~5L or smaller full-length case available? (Seems there's also the ZS-A4S, but I don't think it's in production anymore.)
Velka 5 rev 2.0 is only 4.9L, this number is unreal for a case that supports full length graphics card and internal AC-DC PSU, even S4 mini is bigger.

Reactions: Zadok24

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
The second part of the re-stock (all Velka 3-RL's, second half of the Velka 5's, and second half of the Velka 7's) is now expected a little bit later, September 30th.