Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

prescben

Chassis Packer
Apr 9, 2020
blargh. had a client meeting and all the velka 7s were gone before I got free... I guess all the components will have to wait a bit longer to find a home :(

So what's the procedure for the next batch? Is it still just a shot-gun start, first come first served?

Edit: and needless to say, if anyone has regrets about their velka 7 pre-purchase, contact me. I'll gladly take that over for you ;)

Last edited:

kic2807

Cable Smoosher
Feb 12, 2020
Message Phil from PSlate - he made my Velka5 cables which were perfect length and Velka7 will have pretty much identical lengths.

Thanks for the help. I live in Korea and looking to get the cables made here locally to save some shipping fees. Do you happen to know the specific length for velka 5?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
blargh. had a client meeting and all the velka 7s were gone before I got free... I guess all the components will have to wait a bit longer to find a home :(

So what's the procedure for the next batch? Is it still just a shot-gun start, first come first served?

Edit: and needless to say, if anyone has regrets about their velka 7 pre-purchase, contact me. I'll gladly take that over for you ;)

The procedure will be similar in the sense that orders will simply open up at some pre-determined time of day, and it must be first-come-first-serve because there is no other way to accept orders. Hopefully, it will last longer because there will be larger quantities available. There might also be some order quantity limit per customer.

Thanks for the help. I live in Korea and looking to get the cables made here locally to save some shipping fees. Do you happen to know the specific length for velka 5?

Please be careful about ordering the same lengths as those needed for the Velka 5 rev 1.0-1.1 because that case puts the motherboard in a different orientation, which will affect the cable lengths needed.

cobblerjr

Cable Smoosher
Apr 26, 2020
There might also be some order quantity limit per customer.
Would like this as I’ve been following this thread daily for 6 months and was on yesterday ahead of time and still didn’t get one. Esp. when there’s people already trying to flip even just the presales on eBay

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
Here is someone to blame for fast selling out!
Velka 3 ebay
Velka 7 ebay

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I'd like to preface this reply by saying that I have had it. Not because of anything either one of you said or did, but because so many people here are bored out of their mind, so they think of unpleasant hypothetical situations to blame on me and then advise me to take measures that would only create the very problems everyone is complaining about. My tone is not going to be as calm as it normally is but I hope that you understand the reason for it.

Will they reappear on the site for purchase in the next couple of days?

No, because if they reappear in the next couple of days, a number of people are going to complain to me about those few cases not lasting long enough. They will instead be added to the nearest re-stock so that things continue as usual.

Yes, there actually will have to be an order limit quantity because people are starting to exploit scarcity. Just don't write me angry emails blaming me for ruining your holidays if the following batch is delayed as a result.

any reason you didn’t cancel their whole order?

I'm trying to give people more or less the same treatment but apparently that's unacceptable as well. My store policies state that an order can be canceled for any reason, however, there was no strict policy in place for limited order quantity because excessive order quantities have not been a problem until July 31st.

prescben

Chassis Packer
Apr 9, 2020
Dude... THAT is your "not calm tone"??? What the hell, man. I was expecting you to lose your stuff, not be mildly aggravated!

What a tease. I popped some popcorn for the impending drama and everything!

Feel free to visit me in Jersey and we'll show you how to properly lose your shit and start some shit.

But in all seriousness, remember:
If people didn't love your products, they wouldn't give a crap... It's like a perverse, aggravating complement when they harass you for stuff! :D

Last edited:

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Dude... THAT is your "not calm tone"??? What the hell, man. I was expecting you to lose your stuff, not be mildly aggravated!

What a tease. I popped some popcorn for the impending drama and everything!

Feel free to visit me in Jersey and we'll show you how to properly lose your shit and start some shit.

But in all serious, remember:
If people didn't love your products, they'd would give a crap... It's like a perverse, aggravating complement when they harass you for stuff! :D

This gave me a good chuckle :)

I'm not going to completely lose it over something like this. There's hardly anything to discuss, really.

Seller can't fulfill an order in full, apologizes to the buyer and offers them a full refund on some or all of the items purchased. The reasons involved do not matter.

I am still certain that there will be some heated debate over this standard practice on Reddit or Twitter (without me of course) so maybe keep that popcorn on speed dial.

qaz

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2020
I'm trying to give people more or less the same treatment but apparently that's unacceptable as well. My store policies state that an order can be canceled for any reason, however, there was no strict policy in place for limited order quantity because excessive order quantities have not been a problem until July 31st.

that’s reasonable

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
Is there a way to install the Scythe Kozuti on Velka 3? It is just 3mm away from the official height support :\
If not, is the Noctua Nh-l9 still the best cpu cooler option?