Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

Spook

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2017
anyone know how the small L-bracket with 4 holes in it and the even smaller unpainted metal piece are supposed to be used?

Shakerman

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 23, 2019
Hi all, saw a few guys asking for shorter power button, not sure if anyone shared before but I found this 16mm switch that's about 10mm shorter than the stock one

TAOBAO

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to the shop that sells this just posting what I found

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hi all, saw a few guys asking for shorter power button, not sure if anyone shared before but I found this 16mm switch that's about 10mm shorter than the stock one

TAOBAO

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to the shop that sells this just posting what I found
Your link is not working.

evenather

Chassis Packer
Oct 6, 2019
anyone know how the small L-bracket with 4 holes in it and the even smaller unpainted metal piece are supposed to be used?

The unpainted metal piece is screwed at the inside of the case were the bottom of the GPU I/O bracket goes ( there are two holes there, you use the two of the supplied screws with the case) the idea is that you create a pocket where the bracket gets sandwiched

The black L Piece is screwed at the outer side of the case, at the top of the GPU I/O bracket, eventually creating a screwing bracket as you normally have in other cases and use a screw to secure the GPU from moving

Shakerman

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 23, 2019
Heres my humble build for the time being...

VELKA 5

Am currently working on custom length cables as well as a shorter power button. I removed the c7 fan and put in a XT140 to have more airflow in general and way less noise (I know this will impact the cooling capability of C7 but I have this right beside the bed and want to have it running even while I sleep =))

I also vaguely remember someone asking about how aurous x570itx can be fitted without modding, I did it without modding but I half fitted the motherboard into the frame before putting in my gpu. Perhaps this will help those having issues?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Actually surprised by how quick the shipping has been, shipped a week ago and it's already in Sydney. I was told 3-4 weeks lol

Spook

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2017
The unpainted metal piece is screwed at the inside of the case were the bottom of the GPU I/O bracket goes ( there are two holes there, you use the two of the supplied screws with the case) the idea is that you create a pocket where the bracket gets sandwiched

The black L Piece is screwed at the outer side of the case, at the top of the GPU I/O bracket, eventually creating a screwing bracket as you normally have in other cases and use a screw to secure the GPU from moving
That makes so much sense thank you.

griever

Average Stuffer
Apr 30, 2019
Just completed my Velka 3 build. R5 3600/nVidia 1660S/ASUS x570-i.

Great job Michael!

Regarding theASUS x570-i board in I had to remove the VRM heatsink which is a backplate on the board. It's too thick to pair with the mobo tray properly. Also the Rear bracket covers the fan grill for the mobo heatsink. I know it's impossible to make this case 100% compatible with everything on the market, but I just wanted to let future modders know about compatibility.

I've been thinking about adding thermal pads to the mobo tray in contact with the VRM solders to transfer heat to the mobo tray. Perhapsit will act as a heat sink?

Reactions: pwnedundies

Majestic

Average Stuffer
May 12, 2018
Do B-stock cases come with all the same accessories/parts as normal cases? Are they cheaper than normal stock cases due to the additional defects? Super interested in a silver Velka 5.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Do B-stock cases come with all the same accessories/parts as normal cases? Are they cheaper than normal stock cases due to the additional defects? Super interested in a silver Velka 5.
I believe so - I'll let you know when mine arrives, but it's similar in that you choose with or without riser.

They are cheaper and yes it's because of minor defects, but they're not like half price or anything, the cost with shipping worked out to about the same price as a new case before shipping.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I believe so - I'll let you know when mine arrives, but it's similar in that you choose with or without riser.

They are cheaper and yes it's because of minor defects, but they're not like half price or anything, the cost with shipping worked out to about the same price as a new case before shipping.
How did you get a b-stock one? I never saw them posted.

evenather

Chassis Packer
Oct 6, 2019
Just finished building my Velka 5

It was my first time building a SFF PC and it went better that i anticipated.
The actual building took me 45 mins.

Parts used:
M/B: MSI MPG Z390I GAMING EDGE AC Link
CPU: INTEL i5-9600KF Link
CPU COOLER: CRYORIG C7 Link
TIM: Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut Liquid Metal Link
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Link
M.2: XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB Link
M.2: ADDLINK S70 1 TB Link
PSU: CORSAIR SF600 — 600 Watt 80 PLUS Gold Link
GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 980 Link

Preparation:

I re pasted the GPU with Conductonaut
same was used for the CPU

Assembled everything outside of the case (obviously),

Fitting components in the case was pretty strait forward, cable management was fairly easy (for the size of the case)

My main issue was with the fitting of the GPU, a it is quite large, even after the installation of the optional brackets, bottom fan was still scraping in the cover
i had to stick a double sided foam tape on the GPU cooler to gain 1 mm of extra clearance.

Temps & Noise

Ambient temp: 24 C

Idle:

GPU: Temp: 30 C, Fan speed: 0
CPU: Temp: 37 C, Fan speed: 30% (min that can be set in M/B)
PSU FAN: 0
Noise: inaudible

Stress test GPU & CPU (GPU stock)

GPU: Temp: 67 C, Fan speed: 38% (178W)
CPU: Temp: 78 C, Fan speed: 100% (all cores at 4.3 Ghz / 75W)
PSU FAN: Running
Noise: Only CPU fan is audible, but not very loud or annoying (42 db)

Stress test GPU & CPU (GPU +100 Mhz core, + 200 Mhz memory)

GPU: Temp: 68 C, Fan speed: 42% (187 W)
CPU: Temp: 78 C, Fan speed: 100% (all cores at 4.3 Ghz / 75W)
PSU FAN: Running
Noise: Only CPU fan is audible, but not very loud or annoying (42 db)

Gaming (GPU +100 Mhz core, + 200 Mhz memory)

GPU: Temp: 68 C, Fan speed: 40% (187 W)
CPU: Temp: 55 C, Fan speed: 50% (all cores at 4.3 Ghz / 60W)
PSU FAN: 0
Noise: Only CPU fan is audible, but not very loud or annoying (38 db)

Photos

Reactions: rfarmer

Sarafan

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
Just completed my Velka 3 build. R5 3600/nVidia 1660S/ASUS x570-i.

Great job Michael!

Regarding theASUS x570-i board in I had to remove the VRM heatsink which is a backplate on the board. It's too thick to pair with the mobo tray properly. Also the Rear bracket covers the fan grill for the mobo heatsink. I know it's impossible to make this case 100% compatible with everything on the market, but I just wanted to let future modders know about compatibility.

I've been thinking about adding thermal pads to the mobo tray in contact with the VRM solders to transfer heat to the mobo tray. Perhapsit will act as a heat sink?

Hey have the same problem as you do. I removed the heatsink but left the default thermal pad in there, as part of it still touches the mobo tray. I used some thermal tape on the other end which doesn't touch the tray.

What do you mean the rear bracket covers the fan grill? Also, what are your VRM temps like under load?

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
According to Michael he might be ready to take order on the 5th (tomorrow for me anyway) I've been refreshing his site since yesterday :)

I want my White Velka 5.
Yeah, i could be wrong but I don't think it's going to work that way. I think it will be first come first serve. not reserved for individuals that would be kind of lame

Last edited:

RaihaX

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Yeah, i could be wrong but I don't think it's going to work that way. I think it will be first come first serve. not reserved for individuals that would be kind of lame

Not sure if you misconstrued my post but I never meant it in anyway that he was reserving it for individuals?

Completely understand is first come first serve; thus the comment about refreshing the site so I can get in before everyone else takes it :).

*edit* you may have taken my "tomorrow for me anyway" in a different context, I am referring to the fact that I am in Australia and that I am usually a day head from you folks in the states.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Not sure if you misconstrued my post but I never meant it in anyway that he was reserving it for individuals?

Completely understand is first come first serve; thus the comment about refreshing the site so I can get in before everyone else takes it :).

*edit* you may have taken my "tomorrow for me anyway" in a different context, I am referring to the fact that I am in Australia and my tomorrow is usually a day earlier then you guys over in the states :)
Yeah that's the part I was confused on. The site said B-stock was US only though