Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

ggabriele3

Cable Smoosher
Dec 28, 2019
One suggestion for the Velka 3 power button:

I think either a lower-depth button, or moving the button higher on the front panel would make the build easier. In the current position it fights for space with the PSU cables.

Desertergreg

What's an ITX?
Jan 17, 2020
Just FYI ing here:
I replaced my pci-e extension with phanteks 300mm one in my V 5. It is slightly shorter and screw holes DO NOT fit the holes in the mobo tray so the only thing holding the gpu in place is the screws in the top of the case and will make sagging worse over time. It will fit however if you can improve the way the gpu is held. I found the original riser cable for sale here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCIE-PCI-E...339544?hash=item1ccf707b18:g:8bMAAOSwp91chmXQ
Oh but it takes an age to post. On the other hand so did the V5 so youll be used to that. As it turns out there was nothing wrong with my original (other than I mashed it) and it was in fact a faulty stick of RAM that was my problem. That is all...for now.

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
Unless if that person is under clocking it or is crazy enough to remove the IHS and a solder and do direct die cooling.

Some preliminary testing shows I got a pretty good chip. A single cinebench gets it to 82-83 C from idle. Busy today, but I’ll prob run full benchmarks and thermals tomorrow and see how the case handles this CPU

Reactions: rfarmer

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Some preliminary testing shows I got a pretty good chip. A single cinebench gets it to 82-83 C from idle. Busy today, but I’ll prob run full benchmarks and thermals tomorrow and see how the case handles this CPU
Are you undervolting? You might be able to get it down a bit further without losing any performance if you can find the sweet spot.

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
Are you undervolting? You might be able to get it down a bit further without losing any performance if you can find the sweet spot.

Nah no undervolt involved. I posted some thermals, and It honestly looks great with stock voltages. I’m sure if I tinker with voltages it’ll be even better. I’m not the most familiar with tinkering with voltages so I’ll do that another day and squeeze out more performance out of this chip in this case!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Nah no undervolt involved. I posted some thermals, and It honestly looks great with stock voltages. I’m sure if I tinker with voltages it’ll be even better. I’m not the most familiar with tinkering with voltages so I’ll do that another day and squeeze out more performance out of this chip in this case!
That is pretty impressive. When I saw your build I have to admit I thought you were nuts, never thought that CPU would run that cool with the limited cooler.

Reactions: dannycpham

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
That is pretty impressive. When I saw your build I have to admit I thought you were nuts, never thought that CPU would run that cool with the limited cooler.

Yeah I am pretty impressed with the chip too. I think I won the silicon lottery on this one. The case fans were set at 50% the entire time and I’m sure they contributed to the great results too. I find 50% to be a good balance between noise and cooling.

deeree

Trash Compacter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2017
For anyone looking for a flex PSU, Enhance ENP-7660B 600w variant with 2x GPU 8 pin connectors is available for a good price on AliExpress right now ~130$. That's a very silent unit, until around 400W.

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
A lot of people are asking about pre-orders, the next batch, and the remaining B-stock.

Many components for these cases are manufactured in China and Taiwan. China celebrates the Spring Festival / Chinese New Year until February, which means that production in China is at a halt until everyone starts working again in February. The availability of the next batch is expected to be May 2020 or later. Production for current revisions of cases has not been scheduled because I cannot keep up with demand as-is. Major changes need to be made to the way that orders are processed, cases are packaged, packages are shipped, and that may also require a case design update. At this time, it is too early to say what the update will be exactly, and therefore too early to accept pre-orders, but it will be focused on enhancing the appearance, structural integrity, fixing incompatibilities. Once pre-orders open, there will be virtually no cap on the number of pre-orders that can be placed.

Until then, there will just be some B-stock cases with cosmetic defects remaining. I still need some time for assembly, photography, and explaining everything properly on the website.

Great update. Thanks for keeping us in the loop, and thanks for continuing making these cases. Looking forward to any news, and my ol' trusty Sharkoon QB One will have to keep on a little longer ;)

Last edited:

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
Does a noctua l9i with AMD4 converter kit still fit in the velka 3? I'm wondering if the converter kit raises it too much or at all.

Also, I've seen some questions but no answers on whether or not the Asus x570 rog strix itx motherboard fits the velka 3. It appears to have an IO plate, but I'm not sure. Has anyone done it?

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
I am guessing the MSI 1080ti Gaming X cannot fit the velka 5? The height and length seems fine given this card has recessed power connectors

With an impressive weight of 1.253kg, a moderate length of 27.9cm (measured from the outer edge of the slot bracket to the end of the shroud), a height of 13.5cm (from the top of the motherboard slot to the upper edge of thIcover), and a width of 4.57cm, this effectively three-slot card is a bulky beast. Additionally, it requires an extra 0.5cm of space in the back; keep that in mind if you're using a large CPU cooler.

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
Does a noctua l9i with AMD4 converter kit still fit in the velka 3? I'm wondering if the converter kit raises it too much or at all.

Also, I've seen some questions but no answers on whether or not the Asus x570 rog strix itx motherboard fits the velka 3. It appears to have an IO plate, but I'm not sure. Has anyone done it?
I don't think the converter adds any height. However, the L9a has a different heat sink that is larger and performs better than the L9i, so you're better going in that direction if you don't already have the L9i.

djsaddy

Caliper Novice
Jan 3, 2020
I don't think the converter adds any height. However, the L9a has a different heat sink that is larger and performs better than the L9i, so you're better going in that direction if you don't already have the L9i.
I agree with @larkmaj. I was recently in the same situation where i had a L9i available from a previous build but was building an AMD system this time around in Velka 3. The L9A heat sink is wider and thus offers better cooling temps as compared to the L9i. So i would also recommend going with L9A specially in a SFF build where cooling plays a much more important role.

Sarafan

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
Has anyone here built a velka 3 with the Asus x570 itx? If so, what did you do with the motherboard backplate? It interferes with the motherboard tray..you can also see this in the video Linus' made.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Any Velka 5 owners - what is the cable distance from PSU to 24 pin and 8 pin EPS including bends?

I want to order a custom 24 and 8 pin from PSlate but case is still in transit so was thinking I could get them all around the same time.