Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

Spook

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2017
According to dancase users (same cpu cooler height as velka5) C7 is a no go as it is too close to panel and makes a lot of noise. Black ridge is best but price, availability and compability are issues.

Best for everyone would be l9 with fan duct. I am getting max 70 while gaming on my 3600X.

L9 with fan duct? How does that work?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
L9 with fan duct? How does that work?

The duct sits against the side panel and makes sure you get only fresh air to the CPU.

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019

The duct sits against the side panel and makes sure you get only fresh air to the CPU.

That picture looks very familiar ?

Yes, that was my setup in the Dan A4 initially, but I have gone with the ways of the 645LT now. But that duct or the original one from Daniel only adds 10mm, so it can be used in a lot of other cases as well.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
That picture looks very familiar ?

Yes, that was my setup in the Dan A4 initially, but I have gone with the ways of the 645LT now. But that duct or the original one from Daniel only adds 10mm, so it can be used in a lot of other cases as well.
Found it from a Google search

Shakerman

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 23, 2019
So excited to receive my velka 5. But seems like they are swarmed with orders.
While website says to send out by 26th Dec, have yet to receive any shipping update.

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
i will use the zotac 1080 ti mini 211mm. will that fit the radiator? I need something to cool my 9900K

Not without some modding, I think. There's not really anything to connect the radiator to, and even then, I don't know if you can run the tubes from the CPU, or if there's enough room behind til graphics card. I kinda doubt it.

Gremlin1337

Efficiency Noob
Mar 23, 2019
Got shipping notification this morning for the velka 5. I'm pretty excited to build it since I've had parts sitting around for weeks. I still need to figure out where to get a dan case a4 fan shroud 3d printed (10mm) for l9a. I may just get the stl file and have a local person do it, since the j hack company website was out of stock or not making them.

ggabriele3

Cable Smoosher
Dec 28, 2019
@VELKASE Michael
My Velka 3 arrived last week. All good so far (though I'm having trouble finding an ITX 2060S or 2070 right now). Two things:

1. Why do the instructions say not to use the motherboard bottom-right screw with standoffs to attach it to the case? My VK3 had enough for 4 standoffs, and it seems more secure with using all of them.

2. The inside of the power button is deep enough that it pushes into the PSU cables. Have you considered using a lower-depth button or mounting the button higher on the front panel?

kroken

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2019
I found the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 MINI ITX 2.0 for 430 USD, is this a good price and card for this? i plan to use this in the Velka 3 case. What CPU will guys use?

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
Is anybody else having trouble with the mower switch on there Velka 3 (or 5, they look the same)? I'm having to push the thing several times to get it to turn on.