Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
@The_Mad_Madman If you want to 3D print a duct, you should be able to use the one Dan made for the A4. The overall height of that duct is 10mm, so if you pair it with a Noctua A9x14, you'd still be sitting at 24mm overall which is slightly less than the A9x25. And believe me, that 1mm can make a difference depending on how close you are to the side panel. Not sure how it would fare in the Velka 5, but with SFF in general, every mm counts! Isn't that part of why we do it? ?

@GcodeG01 On your 2nd picture, what happened with the USB and audio panel? Why is it curved?

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
@The_Mad_Madman If you want to 3D print a duct, you should be able to use the one Dan made for the A4. The overall height of that duct is 10mm, so if you pair it with a Noctua A9x14, you'd still be sitting at 24mm overall which is slightly less than the A9x25. And believe me, that 1mm can make a difference depending on how close you are to the side panel. Not sure how it would fare in the Velka 5, but with SFF in general, every mm counts! Isn't that part of why we do it? ?

@GcodeG01 On your 2nd picture, what happened with the USB and audio panel? Why is it curved?
I did a tape fan duct, I'll try testing it open air and with duct to see its efficiency. Is there a slimmer 92mm than the 14mm noctua? Maybe that could help with the C7 (if it even exists).

nobantahir

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 16, 2019
Any pictures to share?

Edit: I just looked through the manual, and you should check from page 18 with the usage of the angled bracket.
I'm going to try to rebuild it, if I find issues I'll take pics. I'm currently using zip ties on the side panel to hold the fan shroud back.

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
been trying to finish my build on velka 3, but 1 of the 80x80x10 fans is rubbing against the right side of the motherboard.

no matter what i do, the motherboard is tilted like about 5 degrees upward or so. Anyone having similar issues?

My mobo is a asus b450i strix.

for now, i just installed 1 fan:

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
@nycalex is it possible all your PSU cables are pushing up on the mobo assembly? Maybe try to pull all the cables out and see if there's any interference with a low-populated area first.

Davidandreis

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2019
Ok so, I watched Optinum Tech's video about the Powercolor Red Dragon 5700 XT. He said that the riser cable standoff in the 1.0 revision don't allow the card to fit.
Does the 1.1 also have this issue, particularly with the new mount not the angled bracket.
Also can someone confirm if the ASRock Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 fits the case?

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
Ok... Looks like this round of Velka 3 orders are shipping today. Let's see if the USPS can hit their same mark and have it delivered on Monday again!

GcodeG01

Cable Smoosher
New User
Nov 8, 2019

It came like that. It's a tiny bit slanted, but nothing looks off when you plug into it.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
My Velka 3 arrived last week, (album of building process) and I have to say that I've never been this uncomfortable while building a PC, but the result was definitely worth it. I think I managed to keep my build below 700$ overall. It's not a high end build by any standards, but it does what I want it to do quite amazingly, which is 1080p gaming at high-ultra in a tiny form factor. Thanks Michael!

PS: Now I just have to figure out what the German Customs want from me, because I got the Package with a sticker on it saying the Customs fee is 25,77€, and another one saying it's "verzollt, eng: duty paid" even though I haven't even gotten a letter from them yet... Please contact me if you get a message from them Michael.

Great job! By the way, you can use 40mm rubber gaskets to seal the 5mm gap between the fan and the PSU. Also, I think ModDIY makes a 4-pin to 2-pin adapter that would have worked for adapting the fan to the PSU without soldering.

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
Great job! By the way, you can use 40mm rubber gaskets to seal the 5mm gap between the fan and the PSU. Also, I think ModDIY makes a 4-pin to 2-pin adapter that would have worked for adapting the fan to the PSU without soldering.

i bought these to swap a fan on my seasonic flex atx:

they work fine.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Reactions: rfarmer