Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Those CPUs are going to be very difficult to cool. They may outperform the 3700X and 3800X in multi core performance in the Velka 5, but they will still not be used to their full potential.

Curious, could you use the Alphacool Eisbaer LT pump/block (39mm in height, side fittings) + 2x80mm rad mounted externally on top of the case, with thinner tubing routed through the I/O area and have a watercooled Velka 3? It should all fit, right? I'm guessing you'll need thicker externally mounted fans too as the 80x10 ones will struggle to push air through a radiator.

deeree

Trash Compacter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2017
I just bought Aorus Gaming box GTX 1080 eGPU. The box contains itx version of GPU with large 14cm fan (very quiet). Should be perfect for Velka 3. And it also includes Enhance ENP7145B1 450w flex PSU, with very short 24pin and 8pin pci power cable (both around 12cm in length). Although CPU 8pin needs to be added through adapter or soldering. I guess it will fit precisely in the Velka 3 thanks to the upside-down GPU orientation. No need for cable-mushing like Linus was showing.
There is actually one such PSU listed on eBay right now: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/123893278094

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
Michael - can a third hole/slot be added to cover for the 3rd 3.5 HDD bottom mounts in the VK3 1.2/next revision ??

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
3.5" drives have three holes on the side, but only two on the bottom.

Theres 3 possible positions for the bottom - manufacturers usually pick the close (44mm) or far (76mm) pair - I have drives with both types of pairs & ones with all 3 sets
Please see SFF-8301 from the below link

motherofass

Caliper Novice
Oct 19, 2019
Will it be possible to buy the Velka 3 directly from within EU? If not, does anyone know if there would be import fees for the case + riser

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Will it be possible to buy the Velka 3 directly from within EU? If not, does anyone know if there would be import fees for the case + riser
Most EU countries I've had experience with does charge VAT at the point of import, yes. For the UK it's 20% declared value plus 8 pounds admin charge. Elsewhere in EU it depends on how much the local VAT is (Germany is 21% for example). You may or may not get charged an admin fee for processing too.

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
Theres 3 possible positions for the bottom - manufacturers usually pick the close (44mm) or far (76mm) pair - I have drives with both types of pairs & ones with all 3 sets

Another option would be 2 slots which are 44mm apart at the closest and 76mm at the farthest (similar to the 2.5 slots already implemented)

BenRedic77

Cable Smoosher
Oct 14, 2019

Hey Velkase Michael, could you notify me if the PowerColor Red Dragon fits in the Velka 5 1.1 revision, OptimumTech mentioned in this video that it might fit in the next revision, would very much like to know if this is true. Then again i guess i will find out when he makes the Velka 5 build video...

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018

Hey Velkase Michael, could you notify me if the PowerColor Red Dragon fits in the Velka 5 1.1 revision, OptimumTech mentioned in this video that it might fit in the next revision, would very much like to know if this is true. Then again i guess i will find out when he makes the Velka 5 build video...

It will not. Maximum graphics card height in this case is 142 mm and the height of that card is 132 mm, which needs at least 16 mm extra for cables because connectors are not recessed. If they were recessed, that card would have been more SFF friendly. With some aftermarket 90 degree PCIE power cables under 10 mm, maybe, but it would make more sense to choose a different card at that point. ASRock Challenger and PowerColor's reference sized model will fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: BenRedic77

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
ITX 2070s, 2060 supers and even most 2060s are starting to become scarce, so im thinking of alternate ways of getting decent gpu performance in this case. Does anyone know if I ripped a 2070 out of a Gigabyte Gaming Box, would it fit? Im almost certain the width would be fine, and even if it didnt I’d be ok with taking a hacksaw to the cooler. I’m a bit more worried about the height as that particular fan on that gpu goes both above and below the dimensions of the stock card with its stock cooler shroud.

I suppose I could attempt a fan swap if it doesnt quite fit, but I’ve never done that before. Any ideas?

EDIT: Are there any 5700 or 5700 XT AIB cards that fit in this case? I was pretty sure there arent, but wanted to get the response straight from the source

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Shipments are delayed. Updates with full details will be posted here, the website, and sent over email to anyone who pre-ordered very soon.

Reactions: Killinger